Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #5 UNH Hosts UVM - Catfight Rematch

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    football team is on ESPNU vs. Delaware. Lot of channel changing that night.
    ESPN 2, as well as online :-)

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fb...20101205les90j
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      Was there anything positive about UVM you guys saw?
      The jerseys/unis are awesome. Are those the new regular road unis, or a third? I hope they're regular.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        The jerseys/unis are awesome. Are those the new regular road unis, or a third? I hope they're regular.
        It's more than a few years ago now, but I remember the NCAA mandating that team unis had to clearly identify the team that was playing. As I remember, they wanted UNH to change their unis so that the script said "New Hampshire", differentiating them from the University of New Haven I guess. I remember UNH putting up a big stink and winning their argument. When you look at other school's uniforms, they always clearly identify the school. I don't think this Vermont jersey does that. They are interesting, kind of a throw back jersey I guess but I liked the old road ones (maybe they still use them) and especially their home jerseys. Of course, I'd love them to go back to the days when the jersey said UVM, but I know that's not going to happen.

Comment

It's more than a few years ago now, but I remember the NCAA mandating that team unis had to clearly identify the team that was playing. As I remember, they wanted UNH to change their unis so that the script said "New Hampshire", differentiating them from the University of New Haven I guess. I remember UNH putting up a big stink and winning their argument. When you look at other school's uniforms, they always clearly identify the school. I don't think this Vermont jersey does that. They are interesting, kind of a throw back jersey I guess but I liked the old road ones (maybe they still use them) and especially their home jerseys. Of course, I'd love them to go back to the days when the jersey said UVM, but I know that's not going to happen.
          Well if they continue to perform the way they are I am all for piling them up on the green and torching the new jerseys....

I have always been a bit partial to the black 3rd Jerseys...
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I got a chuckle after the goal when one fan threw his hat on the ice in celebration of the hat trick and the PA admonished people to not throw things on the ice. Is this a tradition that is now largely forgotten? Hope not.
            I believe the PA announcement was the result of some *****hole in 119 or 118 throwing an empty diet coke bottle on the ice - not cool.
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

It's more than a few years ago now, but I remember the NCAA mandating that team unis had to clearly identify the team that was playing. As I remember, they wanted UNH to change their unis so that the script said "New Hampshire", differentiating them from the University of New Haven I guess. I remember UNH putting up a big stink and winning their argument. When you look at other school's uniforms, they always clearly identify the school. I don't think this Vermont jersey does that.
              *****http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2010-11/photos/thumbnails/thompson_goal_uvm_9205.jpg?max_width=575&max_height=288&crop=true******
              It has both the school's name and team nickname.
              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
              X