Colorado College @ Wisconsin - KC opening to the Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colorado College @ Wisconsin - KC opening to the Doors

For selfish reasons (I'll be there Saturday) I'm happy to see Bennett tonight and hopefully Gudmandson tomorrow. However, I'm not really sure what's up. Opening night should go to your top guy. I don't know if he's just trying to get Bennett going, but the scrimmages had two distinct levels of positioning and rebound control between the two goalies. The one who came out on top isn't starting on opening night. I find it hard to believe it was exactly opposite in practice. Nothing against Bennett, but I'd rather see a guy who has put two years in and played well in the scrimmages get the opening night nod.
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
      It's on FSN-WI.

Add me to the group that doesn't understand Davies sitting tonight instead of Turnball. A bit disapointed not to see Thurber in the lineup as well, but not sure who you'd sit out for him.
      Thanks, that is good news. Can someone who has access to their Dish network programming guide let me know what channel it will be on? I can't find it anywhere online (I'm assuming that is because it will show up on one of the alternates).

I won't be home until just before face off, and I want to have my wife DVR it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        On the positive side...

Bennett broke all of Elloitt's conditioning records. Excellent. I don't know what direction Eaves will go in for Saturday night's game. I HATE unsettled goalie situations. Eaves should just pick 1 and run with it.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Just curious...what type of conditioning records do they keep track of?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Davies wasn't brought here for his attitude. He wasn't brought here for his effort. He wasn't brought here to dig pucks out of the corner. He was brought here to do one thing, and that was put points on the board. And he's proved throught his career here that he can do that at a high clip.
          To get 4 (put points on the board... everyone has to do 1,2 and 3... first!!!
          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
            Thanks, that is good news. Can someone who has access to their Dish network programming guide let me know what channel it will be on? I can't find it anywhere online (I'm assuming that is because it will show up on one of the alternates).

Channel 445 (Regular def., Cheap ****ers.)
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-16-2009, 02:46 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I had my girl friend at the time try to set my DVR when i wasn't home, yeah she recorded the soccer channel so be carefull...
              The Quest For 7

Comment

Just curious...what type of conditioning records do they keep track of?
                I have no idea, but I was pretty shocked to read that. Baggott could so us UW fans a service and find out for us.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So, I was pretty excited about the first hockey game tonight. But then I read the title to this thread. The Doors are playing the KC???

I guess I'm cool with that too.

Though I don't think they'll be quite the same without Morrison.

Comment

Morrison?
                    http://www.theinsider.com/photos/200...n?reply=458690

Let's Go Red!!!

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                      It is reported (see below) that it will in fact be the Wisconsin crew.

"CC on TV this Friday night
                      October 14th, 2009, 2:03 pm by jpaisley
                      Don’ t forget the game will be broadcast live on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain (using a Wisconsin crew) starting at 6 p.m. Friday. There will be no TV broadcast on Saturday".
                      Is this the same as the new Fox College Sports channels? I see tonight's game will be on FCSP on my Charter cable. Between that and the Gopher/Sioux game, quite the night for WCHA hockey.
                      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                        Is this the same as the new Fox College Sports channels? I see tonight's game will be on FCSP on my Charter cable. Between that and the Gopher/Sioux game, quite the night for WCHA hockey.
                        I don't think so. Fox Sports-WI is just the Wisconsin specific version of Fox Sports North.
                        Five Reasons to Love Wisconsin Hockey:
                        1. "Varsity"
                        2. "SIEVE!"
                        3. "Five Goal Free for All"
                        4. Phil and Mrs. Phil
                        5. "'Midget' Hockey"

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                          So, I was pretty excited about the first hockey game tonight. But then I read the title to this thread. The Doors are playing the KC???

I guess I'm cool with that too.

Though I don't think they'll be quite the same without Morrison.
                          As long as UW lights some fires (lamps), it wil all be good.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ansinator View Post
                            I don't think so. Fox Sports-WI is just the Wisconsin specific version of Fox Sports North.
                            Whatever it is, it is a UW feed picked up on FCSP for tonight.
                            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Oh sure... the one time I head upstairs to go get a bowl of my dinner (Jumbalaya, btw), and I miss an interview with Burish. Was it interesting at all?
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Fantastic play by Stepan. He's the man. Also a good finish by Bohmber. More often than not last year, we hold onto the puck too long.

Also notable: at 13:05, the announcers are reminding us that the crowd is a little quiet. Any of those d-bags in the student section that actually checks their phone during the game, I hope you read this thread. Try making noise!

Nice little scrum ruined by linesmen jumping in too soon. Typical.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X