Minnesota @ Mankato State of Minnesota: 12/3-12/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Mankato State of Minnesota: 12/3-12/4

The Gophers at this point last season were 5-8-1 overall, 3-6-1 in the WCHA. They are 8-5-1 overall, and 5-4-1 in the WCHA thus far this year. I initially was pleased with the apparent improvement, but then I remembered that at this point last year we had already played UND, UMD, Wisconsin, and Denver. Therefore, I am holding my breath.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Still love the Mavs, just don't contribute here. Still listening or following them on the mobile during games. I hope Corey Leivermann posts a big weekend!

Comment

Grats to the Mavs on the win.

Our PP going 0 for 5 or whatever it was didn't do us any favors and Cook made some huge saves as well late in the game.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, the Mavericks look 100% better than they did last time they were in Kato. Maybe last weekend's sweep was a little bit more playing well than playing a bad team than we all thought. Maybe the season can be salvaged??
          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I miss Kato... it's been better then a year since I've been out to see the purple warriors play in the Cell... looked good tonight, darn good. Made this old warhorse smile that's for sure...

Goofs are solid, but I think this is another under-performing squad for Lucia (sorry Goofer nation, it's all smoke and mirrors)
            R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
            FOX SPORTS On David Backes
            WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

I'd be holding my breath too....
              R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
              FOX SPORTS On David Backes
              WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I would challenge that, but I just don't care.
                You were also out of position due to Hill's atrocious coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by bigclean View Post

Goofs are solid, but I think this is another under-performing squad for Lucia (sorry Goofer nation, it's all smoke and mirrors)
                  While this may be true one also can't deny the losses of key players every year (Leddy, Schroeder, Budish etc...) with the parity that is College Hockey these days it's tough to overcome that kind of turnover. It's not an excuse I know other teams lose players early as well but it makes building a winning team much more difficult after losing high end guys like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    While this may be true one also can't deny the losses of key players every year (Leddy, Schroeder, Budish etc...) with the parity that is College Hockey these days it's tough to overcome that kind of turnover. It's not an excuse I know other teams lose players early as well but it makes building a winning team much more difficult after losing high end guys like that.
                    Denver lost more talent than most teams this past season (aside from maybe UW), and they are leading the WCHA currently.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      Our PP going 0 for 5 or whatever it was didn't do us any favors and Cook made some huge saves as well late in the game.
                      It wasn't a total loss, MN successfully killed off all five powerplays.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        Denver lost more talent than most teams this past season (aside from maybe UW), and they are leading the WCHA currently.
                        I think Denver is an anamoly. Every friggin' year they somehow find a way. I can't explain it. It's gotta be something in the water. Gwoz is a great coach, but is he THAT great? I dunno.

Either way, I'm glad I missed last night's game. Could have been another Mankato Meltdown night. We'll see if I dare watch tonight.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I think Denver is an anamoly. Every friggin' year they somehow find a way. I can't explain it. It's gotta be something in the water. Gwoz is a great coach, but is he THAT great? I dunno.
                          I think Denver is somewhat overrated early on. I think they're probably a 3rd or 4th place team. They've had a somewhat easy schedule in the WCHA so far (Wisconsin at home, home/away with CC, home against Mankato and Bemidji, that accounts for 13 of their 17 points). They only have 7 home games left in conference, and play 10 on the road. If they hold on to the top spot, I'll be very impressed.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

MN lineup just posted on GPL - #11 is back.

Lineups for tonight:

Hoeffel - Haula - Barriball
                            Cepis - Condon - Bjugstad
                            Gardinier - Matson - Hansen
                            Serratore - Larson - Sacchetti

Fairchild - Helgason
                            Ness - Alt
                            Wehrs - Holl

Goalie TBD
                            Last edited by Greyeagle; 12-04-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Update from Jeff O. on GPL:

Looks like Hoeffel is a game time decision. Pat White and Hoeffel will both warm up and if Hoeffel can't go, White will. If Hoeffel is in, White is out.

Please please please be healthy so I don't have to watch cement feet again tonight.

Comment

Kangas or Patterson?

Im guessing Patterson.

Comment

Working...
                                X