• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyeagle
    replied
    Re: Minnesota @ Mankato State of Minnesota: 12/3-12/4

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Our PP going 0 for 5 or whatever it was didn't do us any favors and Cook made some huge saves as well late in the game.
    It wasn't a total loss, MN successfully killed off all five powerplays.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    While this may be true one also can't deny the losses of key players every year (Leddy, Schroeder, Budish etc...) with the parity that is College Hockey these days it's tough to overcome that kind of turnover. It's not an excuse I know other teams lose players early as well but it makes building a winning team much more difficult after losing high end guys like that.
    Denver lost more talent than most teams this past season (aside from maybe UW), and they are leading the WCHA currently.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Originally posted by bigclean View Post

Goofs are solid, but I think this is another under-performing squad for Lucia (sorry Goofer nation, it's all smoke and mirrors)
    While this may be true one also can't deny the losses of key players every year (Leddy, Schroeder, Budish etc...) with the parity that is College Hockey these days it's tough to overcome that kind of turnover. It's not an excuse I know other teams lose players early as well but it makes building a winning team much more difficult after losing high end guys like that.

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I would challenge that, but I just don't care.
    You were also out of position due to Hill's atrocious coaching.

Leave a comment:

• bigclean
    replied

I'd be holding my breath too....

Leave a comment:

• bigclean
    replied

I miss Kato... it's been better then a year since I've been out to see the purple warriors play in the Cell... looked good tonight, darn good. Made this old warhorse smile that's for sure...

Goofs are solid, but I think this is another under-performing squad for Lucia (sorry Goofer nation, it's all smoke and mirrors)

Leave a comment:

• Bale
    replied

Wow, the Mavericks look 100% better than they did last time they were in Kato. Maybe last weekend's sweep was a little bit more playing well than playing a bad team than we all thought. Maybe the season can be salvaged??

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

Grats to the Mavs on the win.

Our PP going 0 for 5 or whatever it was didn't do us any favors and Cook made some huge saves as well late in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Clark Fan Club
    replied

Still love the Mavs, just don't contribute here. Still listening or following them on the mobile during games. I hope Corey Leivermann posts a big weekend!

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

The Gophers at this point last season were 5-8-1 overall, 3-6-1 in the WCHA. They are 8-5-1 overall, and 5-4-1 in the WCHA thus far this year. I initially was pleased with the apparent improvement, but then I remembered that at this point last year we had already played UND, UMD, Wisconsin, and Denver. Therefore, I am holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

• MavsFan
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    With the current state of these two progrums this thread should have been titled the Battle of Apathy!
    But it's a fairly recent development for Gophers fans. They should still be in the anger phase. Mankato fans have passed out of the anger phase and into the apathy phase. It's clear the university doesn't care, so why should we?

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    With the current state of these two progrums this thread should have been titled the Battle of Apathy!
    I would challenge that, but I just don't care.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

About to leave work. See you people in kato!

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSiouxFan
    replied

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    Not really true, most Gopher fans are very realistic about what the state of the program is. That doesn't decrease tArrogance though But in typical sue fan fashion you are probably getting more pleasure from a chance to rip on the Gophers than just keeping to your own team.
    Not really that much fun ripping on the Gophers this year. Not that much sport in it. This season is their rebuilding year and so far this season as expected the Gophers are having some difficulties competing in the WCHA.

It is just sad that by the start of game day there seems to be so little interest in this series that there were only 23 replies to this thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X