Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Mankato State of Minnesota: 12/3-12/4

Mavericks sweep.
    It’s part of why you play all year long, is for the playoffs. We start a new season next Friday night.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mavfan21 View Post
      Mavericks sweep.
      ....the basement floor?

Comment

Have to be honest, it wouldn't completely shock me. The Gophers have been much better on the road thus far though, so we will see.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Oh I really hope the mavs fans aren't angry about the thread title. I think it is hilarious when tdogs fans try to make Gopher fans angry with the whole UM-TC deal. I just think it is the fact that there are no mavs fans on the board though mostly.

I expect a sweep. I make this trip every year and I expect nothing less than a sweep. What I want and what we will get could be a different story, though. It would not suprise me to see the mavs steal at least a win. They have had success against the Gophers the past few years and even in some ugly, lop-sided games. I mean, the mavs are downright awful from what I have heard so far. However, these games will be kato's natl championships I would think. I just hope the Gophers don't look past this weekend to what is going to be an important showdown with tdogs at home next weekend. Let's hope the Gophers take care of business and we can have a fun weekend in kato.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

The thread title won't bother anyone (I don't think). We are used to being called land cows, Mankato State (still), the minnesota state screaming eagles, whatever ya got. It is simply that no one posts here anymore. I don't even know what page the season thread is on! I think that in the past couple of years the Mavs have played fast and physical and gave themselves a chance to win games against the UM and other teams. The team hasn't played that way this year so it will be interesting to see the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
              Wednesday afternoon. 10 (now 11) posts. Thread currently resides on page 2, below the thread from last weekend's games. Is that really where this season has taken us?
              This Week in the WCHA.
              http://www.uscho.com/2010/12/02/minn...h-a-big-series

Nice coverage of significant upcomming events concerning the WCHA.
              Thought it was most interesting that the Gophers and Mavs were not newsworthy enough to be even mentioned in "This Week in the WCHA".
              Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 12-02-2010, 05:09 PM.
              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                Thought it was most interesting that the Gophers and Mavs were not newsworthy enough to be even mentioned in "This Week in the WCHA".
                True to form, you conveniently leave out the whole truth. Meaning of course, that any news about the UNO-BSU, CC-MTU, and UW-UAA series are also not in the article. Also, the only reason the Sioux are mentioned in it is because of Aaron Marvin, an SCSU forward. You are so special!
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  True to form, you conveniently leave out the whole truth.
                  Regarding the current state of the Gopher hockey program "You Can't Handle The Truth".
                  "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    Regarding the current state of the Gopher hockey program "You Can't Handle The Truth".
                    Not really true, most Gopher fans are very realistic about what the state of the program is. That doesn't decrease tArrogance though But in typical sue fan fashion you are probably getting more pleasure from a chance to rip on the Gophers than just keeping to your own team.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                      The thread title won't bother anyone (I don't think). We are used to being called land cows, Mankato State (still), the minnesota state screaming eagles, whatever ya got. It is simply that no one posts here anymore. I don't even know what page the season thread is on! I think that in the past couple of years the Mavs have played fast and physical and gave themselves a chance to win games against the UM and other teams. The team hasn't played that way this year so it will be interesting to see the outcome.
                      This is the correct answer. MSU fans have nothing to be excited about. We go into home series with bottom half of the conference teams just to get a split at this point. Our goaltending (or d-men more accurately) is average at best. Our PP sucks, our PK sucks, our even strength offense sucks. For God's sake, we had a negative +/- on the PP for a full series against DU. Please, give us anything to be excited about and we'll be here.

Our program has had a couple of up years that ended with WCHA tourney first-round losses....but, oh goody, we had home-ice advantage. That's what has constituted a good year for us, we've been excited about those years, and we're all pretty much indifferent to this season. That should tell you why there is so much apathy.
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        Not really true, most Gopher fans are very realistic about what the state of the program is. That doesn't decrease tArrogance though But in typical sue fan fashion you are probably getting more pleasure from a chance to rip on the Gophers than just keeping to your own team.
                        Not really that much fun ripping on the Gophers this year. Not that much sport in it. This season is their rebuilding year and so far this season as expected the Gophers are having some difficulties competing in the WCHA.

It is just sad that by the start of game day there seems to be so little interest in this series that there were only 23 replies to this thread.

Comment

About to leave work. See you people in kato!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

With the current state of these two progrums this thread should have been titled the Battle of Apathy!
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              With the current state of these two progrums this thread should have been titled the Battle of Apathy!
                              I would challenge that, but I just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                But it's a fairly recent development for Gophers fans. They should still be in the anger phase. Mankato fans have passed out of the anger phase and into the apathy phase. It's clear the university doesn't care, so why should we?
                                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X