Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin @ Anchorage Alaska 12/3 &12/ 4 We sent airline 12 tickets hope you show up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin @ Anchorage Alaska 12/3 &12/ 4 We sent airline 12 tickets hope you show

At least you guys have Packers colors.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin @ Anchorage Alaska 12/3 &12/ 4 We sent airline 12 tickets hope you show

Should be a good weekend of hockey. I expect both games to be close. That's as far as i'll go with predictions

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        Um no. You'll find UAA fans telling both UofM and Udub to not let the door hit them on the arse on the way out. Our school is directly responsible for around $400,000 in revenue into both of those schools coffers.

Regardless of what happens with the BTHC, both Wisconsin and Minnesota will be fervently attempting to play UAA and/or UAF in Alaska in the future. An additional benefit will be our players not having to see an 80 year old repressed cheerleader instructing the crowd how to count. So yeah, we won't miss anything. A couple of UAA fans will miss the road trip to Madison. But otherwise, meh. GTFO of the WCHA sooner rather than later eh?
        Actually, I think UW should schedule a yearly series in Alaska, maybe rotating between UAA and AF to keep getting the 2 extra games in every year.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen
          I can drop a few F-bombs and call your players *****s too! See! Aren't I awesome?!?!?!
          There is an immense difference, he “laced them up” you didn’t. So you are not awesome, just one more Dalhmerett.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Actually, I think UW should schedule a yearly series in Alaska, maybe rotating between UAA and AF to keep getting the 2 extra games in every year.
            Oh after years and years of ripping UAA off by demanding 25 round trip plane tickets and ground transportation, which is now down to 12 round trip tickets. Thank you big schools for lighting the financial burden to let you come up and play a league series. Because of greedy athletic directors who could band together and screw a smaller school because they could even thought it was not fair or justifiable. If I had anything to say about it you would forever be behind Alabama Huntsville in the pecking order to come up and enjoy 2 extra games at home when you leave for the BTHC. (Which will become a glorified CCHA) Sorry…. Pay backs are in order.
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
              At least you guys have Packers colors.
              If we ever meet up at a game......I am buying you a few beverages. Nice post

Comment

This tread really sucks. That Bourne Idenity guy is a real ***. Sour grapes for getting beaten into the ice repeadedly by UW and the rest of the League.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  There is an immense difference, he “laced them up” you didn’t. So you are not awesome, just one more Dalhmerett.
                  I get where your former player was coming from and who the message's primary audience was intended to be. That said, he made it public and it smacks of a fairly large inferiority complex.

I did enjoy it though and appreciate the message from a UAA perspective. I'm sure that his coaches used that same message when he was at UAA.

When you are a fan of this program and see these kids interacting in the community, it never even crosses the mind as to how they see themselves because they always seem humble and are almost always polite and engaging. They seem to appreciate the opportunity and don't seem like they feel entitled.

I can imagine that they might rub their draft status or program that they go to in other players' faces. Then again, I can see where another player with less pedigree might imagine arrogance because they expect it to be there. My guess is that the truth is somewhere in between.

Comment

Oh after years and years of ripping UAA off by demanding 25 round trip plane tickets and ground transportation, which is now down to 12 round trip tickets. Thank you big schools for lighting the financial burden to let you come up and play a league series. Because of greedy athletic directors who could band together and screw a smaller school because they could even thought it was not fair or justifiable. If I had anything to say about it you would forever be behind Alabama Huntsville in the pecking order to come up and enjoy 2 extra games at home when you leave for the BTHC. (Which will become a glorified CCHA) Sorry…. Pay backs are in order.
                    We didn't put you over the barrel, we just stepped up and took our turn on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      When you are a fan of this program and see these kids interacting in the community, it never even crosses the mind as to how they see themselves because they always seem humble and are almost always polite and engaging. They seem to appreciate the opportunity and don't seem like they feel entitled.
                      I can imagine that they might rub their draft status or program that they go to in other players' faces. Then again, I can see where another player with less pedigree might imagine arrogance because they expect it to be there. My guess is that the truth is somewhere in between.
                      So what you are saying is, Wisconsin only recruits a few arrogant Prima donnas and then fills in the roster with a bunch of Eddie Haskell’s.

Comment

So what you are saying is, Wisconsin only recruits a few arrogant Prima donnas and then fills in the roster with a bunch of Eddie Haskell’s.
                        What I was saying is that it comes as a surprise to me that the players from UAA view our players that way. Then when I think about it, I can understand it.

We don't see that side of our own players when we see them at our kids' hockey practices or after the game signing autographs or meeting their parents.

I don't doubt there are a few who are arrogant as there no doubt are on your roster also. Comes with the territory. Not sure I'd base a pre-game speech on it though and I'm sure they're not all as bad as your former player makes them out to be.

Comment

What I was saying is that it comes as a surprise to me that the players from UAA view our players that way. Then when I think about it, I can understand it.
                          Thank you

We don't see that side of our own players when we see them at our kids' hockey practices or after the game signing autographs or meeting their parents.
                          All scholarships are renewed and adjusted yearly. All Student athletes who want to keep their scholarships or out of the Athletic Directors office and the Coaches “dog house” will be an outstanding citizen in public. They will be great with the kids, when with their family you will think they are the Cleaver’s or the Cosby’s.

I'm sure they're not all as bad as your former player makes them out to be.
                          No some are a lot worse

Comment

They will be great with the kids, when with their family you will think they are the Cleaver’s or the Cosby’s.

No some are a lot worse

If this is true, and that's a big if, do you really think it's limited to the Badgers? You don't think that guys on your team are pretty proud of being a D-1 player?

I've been around hockey players of all kinds for 30 years now and there are God's Gifts at every level and in every group. I play with a couple groups that include 20-somethings that played Junior who think they're the best thing ever. Forgetting of course that they never got past Juniors.

A few years ago I had a squirt that I was coaching stand up in the locker room and proclaim that he had gotten us a win because he scored both goals in a 2-0 shutout.

I'm starting to think there are a lot of warped thinkers up there. The reason that UAA is looked upon as inferior is because they are. Not because some pedigreed players think too much of themselves.

I'll take our players over yours any day of the week.

Comment

If this is true, and that's a big if, do you really think it's limited to the Badgers? You don't think that guys on your team are pretty proud of being a D-1 player?.
                              I said all student athletes, yours, mine, and probably the gophers too.

:I've been around hockey players of all kinds for 30 years now and there are God's Gifts at every level and in every group. I play with a couple groups that include 20-somethings that played Junior who think they're the best thing ever. Forgetting of course that they never got past Juniors..
                              Ok

:A few years ago I had a squirt that I was coaching stand up in the locker room and proclaim that he had gotten us a win because he scored both goals in a 2-0 shutout.
                              Did you remind him it is a team game and everybody did their job to win the game?
                              Or did you reward him with more ice time in future games than your “inferior” players? Because winning is what counts and good sportsmanship, teamwork, and learning the game is so outdated.

:I'm starting to think there are a lot of warped thinkers up there. The reason that UAA is looked upon as inferior is because they are. Not because some pedigreed players think too much of themselves. .
                              Wow all UAA student athletes according to you are inferior. I think Bournes letter is about right on with that self justified thinking.

:I'll take our players over yours any day of the week.
                              I’m so happy for you and I’ll stand by all the UAA Student athletics. Have a good day

Comment

Wow all UAA student athletes according to you are inferior. I think Bournes letter is about right on with that self justified thinking.
                                Or maybe it just reflects the fact that, since the WCHA expanded to 10 teams, the Seawolves have finished 8th or worse in all but three seasons. And they have yet to finish in the top half of the WCHA table. UAA hasn't even had a winning record since joining the WCHA.

If that kind of cellar dwelling doesn't classify as inferiority... what the hell does?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X