X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    My wife was succesful picking up two posters Saturday night.
    TBA and Mookie?
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      TBA and Mookie?
      Well played.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        TBA and Mookie?
        Ha!

I tried to find the away game ticket order form on Account Manager but couldn't. Has anyone found it and downloaded it?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I tried to find the away game ticket order form on Account Manager but couldn't. Has anyone found it and downloaded it?
          It's not in account manager, it's on a Season Ticket Holder Resources page (the link is below the Account manager logon). Be sure to also fill out and submit the seperate Beanpot ticket request form by 31 October as well.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            It's not in account manager, it's on a Season Ticket Holder Resources page (the link is below the Account manager logon). Be sure to also fill out and submit the seperate Beanpot ticket request form by 31 October as well.

Sean
            Thanks Sean. Naturally I am having some firewall issues here at work trying to download them. GRRRRR. Off to send an email......

Comment

So we're now numero 2 in both poles... seems that all that happened in the USCHO poll is everybody who was split on first place votes between Mich, ND, Miami, and Denver all flocked to Miami after they went 2-0 on the weekend and the others went 1-1, our 17 first place votes remained intact.

I, for one, am glad we didn't step up to top dog, the last thing we need is a team that thinks it's number 1 and yet another target on our backs!

Also: Why does the old thread keep popping up?
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                So we're now numero 2 in both poles... seems that all that happened in the USCHO poll is everybody who was split on first place votes between Mich, ND, Miami, and Denver all flocked to Miami after they went 2-0 on the weekend and the others went 1-1, our 17 first place votes remained intact.

I, for one, am glad we didn't step up to top dog, the last thing we need is a team that thinks it's number 1 and yet another target on our backs!
                Totally agree. Let's earn the top spot. If last year's team sometimes had a problem of getting up for games and playing a full 60 minutes, I don't think this team can afford letting up for a single period.

I could stand to see us a bit lower, but I have to confess I don't know much about the other teams on the polls so far. If the writers/coaches really think we deserve the 2nd spot solely based on our (majorly) untested lineup, then what does that say about the rest of the country?
                GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                  Also: Why does the old thread keep popping up?
                  Some people won't listen to Jack Parker and let last season go.
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                    Totally agree. Let's earn the top spot. If last year's team sometimes had a problem of getting up for games and playing a full 60 minutes, I don't think this team can afford letting up for a single period.

I could stand to see us a bit lower, but I have to confess I don't know much about the other teams on the polls so far. If the writers/coaches really think we deserve the 2nd spot solely based on our (majorly) untested lineup, then what does that say about the rest of the country?
                    It says that most of these people who vote probably know as much about teams outside their region as you do. Many coaches don't even make their own picks. Many writers who have votes have other jobs outside of covering college hockey. Let me reiterate this message board's mantra:

THE POLES DON'T MATTER
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                      Agreed. Amazed BU is ranked so high considering all the questions on offense.

Comment

BU is #2 because of last year. They'll be at the bottom of the top 10 by November. My wife is half "Pole." She matters. Polls on the other hand are just fodder for chat.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          Many coaches don't even make their own picks.
                          Steve Spurrier is shocked by these unsubstantiated accusations.

Comment

I had the pleasure of seeing Matt Gilroy live at last night's Rangers game. I have to say, it was a thrill to hear #97 introduced in the starting lineup and have 18,000 people cheer his name. The Rangers are off to a 5-1 start and the fans and media are giving him some of the credit [Larry Brooks wrote in a column about the Olympic roster in the NY Post a few days ago: "These Olympics and the Team USA roster should prove a welcome target for Scott Gomez and Brian Gionta in Montreal and, oh by the way, what if Long Island's Matt Gilroy improves incrementally and is thus every bit as impressive in December and January as he has been thus far?" ].

As for the game, Gilroy got very little PP time but was on the ice for two even strength goals with a third being waived off. He did not get any PK time at all. Although I had seen him repeatedly venture deep into the offensive zone in at least one other game, he played very conservatively last night with no big risks and no glaring mistakes.

Also, I realize that I am way behind in saying this, but in case anyone here has not ordered it already, CandyCanes99's season highlights video is outstanding. 10 or 20 years down the road, you may be able to get your hands on a championship DVD but may not be so lucky with this. So it is definitely a must-buy. Now.

Comment

Thanks for the Gilroy update srsterrier.

From Rogie's blog: (About former Terriers in attendance Saturday night) "One other Terrier spotted shall remain nameless for security reasons." I know I'm intrigued. (or am I missing a joke?) Anyone wanna play?

BU Hockey: Secret Terrier Service
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Thanks for the Gilroy update srsterrier.

From Rogie's blog: (About former Terriers in attendance Saturday night) "One other Terrier spotted shall remain nameless for security reasons." I know I'm intrigued. (or am I missing a joke?) Anyone wanna play?

BU Hockey: Secret Terrier Service
                                It's a mystery to me, too, Bomber. CDRAL put up the game report b/c I had no computer access until late on Sunday.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X