No announcement yet.

#2 BU hosts #32 BU @ HAA_Sat after Tgiving! Silber says we're better!! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #2 BU hosts #32 BU @ HAA_Sat after Tgiving! Silber says we're better!!

Props to B(oston)U for coming back twice in the game but they also blew two leads and had some pretty ugly and costly mistakes by their own net. Scary moment when Clendening went down but it was good to see him come back out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
      Props to B(oston)U for coming back twice in the game but they also blew two leads and had some pretty ugly and costly mistakes by their own net. Scary moment when Clendening went down but it was good to see him come back out.
      A) They only blew one lead, the 3-2 lead.
      B) I seriously thought Clendenning was done for. That hit was ugly and he could not put any pressure on it when they helped him off the ice. At the very least I thought he was done for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I seriously thought Clendenning was done for. That hit was ugly and he could not put any pressure on it when they helped him off the ice. At the very least I thought he was done for the night.
        This. My friend earlier in the game made a comment that #11 looked lost out there, as the trainers were heading onto the ice I mentioned to him that he would have plenty of time to find himself.

I was absolutely shocked when he hopped onto the ice to skate a couple strides after a stoppage or two, let alone return to play. But at the speed he was skating at he should have never returned, as him at 60% speed isn't top 4 on our roster, and he was risking more damage if he was just skating on adrenaline.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I seriously thought Clendenning was done for. That hit was ugly and he could not put any pressure on it when they helped him off the ice. At the very least I thought he was done for the night.
          Given how and where he was hit, I feared it was a torn ACL and Clendening was done for the season. Very lucky he wasn't hurt more seriously w/ how vicious and dirty a hit Zolnierczyk put on him. The 5+game was absolutely the right call; in the pros, a multi-game suspension would've likely followed (plus some form of on-ice retribution) b/c of the deliberate intent to injure.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            This. My friend earlier in the game made a comment that #11 looked lost out there, as the trainers were heading onto the ice I mentioned to him that he would have plenty of time to find himself.

I was absolutely shocked when he hopped onto the ice to skate a couple strides after a stoppage or two, let alone return to play. But at the speed he was skating at he should have never returned, as him at 60% speed isn't top 4 on our roster, and he was risking more damage if he was just skating on adrenaline.
            not sure what he was doing out there.... the falling down trainer, is that the back up fill in trainer?!? i wonder if that is how #4 slipped back on the ice. dude looked like he was shot when he laid there and took half the team to carry him off... then he comes back out?!?!!?
            if he was a foot and a half shorter i would be calling him gionta!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Video highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfvJaYZE-dw

That's a hand pass on Brown's first goal, right?

Comment

Video highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfvJaYZE-dw

That's a hand pass on Brown's first goal, right?
                First of all, no, it went off a BU stick if anything.

But how about when Pereira shoves Clemente into his own goal? How was that legal?

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  First of all, no, it went off a BU stick if anything.

But how about when Pereira shoves Clemente into his own goal? How was that legal?
                  Hm, ok. I wasn't asking to incite anything, just curious.

And yes, his goal was very strange. I was certain the save was made and that was that.

Comment

Hm, ok. I wasn't asking to incite anything, just curious.

And yes, his goal was very strange. I was certain the save was made and that was that.
                    Alright, fair enough. But that second BU goal puzzled me the first time I saw it, and it continues to puzzle me now. Having done the same thing many times through my not-so-illustrious high school career and getting penalized nearly every time, I was stunned that Pereira got away not only without a penalty, but with the (then) game-tying goal!

Comment

My thoughts on a few things being discussed:

Clendening- I also thought the worst (ACL or broken leg) initially. In his press conference, Parker said he was second-guessing the decision to let him come back because the swelling was pretty bad after the game. He said the trainers said it was the type of injury where he couldn't really do any more damage by going back out, but that now he's gonna have to have it further examined to see if he'll have to miss any time.

Pereira's goal- It was definitely good. I got a chance to see the overhead cam. The puck was clearly loose behind Clemente's pad and not trapped under it. When Pereira jammed away, Clemente kicked it in. Pereira didn't knock it loose or anything.

Should be interesting when these 2 teams meet again on Jan. 1. I wasn't in the room for the Warsofsky-Megan presser (I went down to the locker room), but from what I hear, Warsofsky said something along the lines of "We're gonna remember those cheap shots when we play them again."
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

How bad was that hit by Harry Z? Was there something that happened before the hit? I have seen him play now for 4 years, and while he plays hard, I have never considered him to be a goon. You BU posters know your stuff and I'd like to hear your comments.

Comment

It was pretty vicious. Clendening tried juking around him at a pretty high speed and he clearly extended his leg out to hit him. Here's Coach Whittet's take on the matter:

"He definitely plays with an edge, and that's when he's most effective. I didn't think that was a very intelligent penalty that he took there in the third. It's one of those things we're going to have to talk to Harry about. He's obviously punished for it. I believe he's out for the next game, which is unfortunate, but again, it's self-imposed. That was not a good penalty. He does play with a chip. He's just got to know how to rein it in. When you cross over sometimes, that's when he's not helping us."
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                            How bad was that hit by Harry Z? Was there something that happened before the hit? I have seen him play now for 4 years, and while he plays hard, I have never considered him to be a goon. You BU posters know your stuff and I'd like to hear your comments.
                            in the 2nd he went off for a slash that looked a bit more nasty than the result (didn't appear that he made contact on either, first on the stick, 2nd on the legs). this was during a 5x3 which prolonged it (and resulted in *finally* a bu ppg). as he was going off he yapped and got an extra 10 added on to sit and steam (which he seems to have done).

and oh... 3 seconds before he took out clendening, clendinging shook loose another brown forward on the forecheck and spun him and left him laying on the ice. i imagine harry was saying that it wasn't going to happen again when adam came up ice toward him.
                            Last edited by mookie1995; 11-28-2010, 12:09 PM.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                              I am far from a BU homer ... but I've seen that video 3 times and still don't see a penalty. Puck is in the crease, the goalie doesn't tie it up... so get the phk out of the way and let me slam it home. That's hockey.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                                The BU stream was following the puck and only caught it in the corner of the screen, but it drew my attention instantly. It was pretty nasty. I've never seen him do anything as vicious as that, though he has had some temper-driven, retaliatory moments in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X