This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union at St. Cloud (10/16, 10/17) - Never Won vs. Never Been

Oh joy, Mr. "I have to be the center of attention" is back.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Pages 21-24: (tried not to leave anyone out)

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
      OMFG 13?!?!?! GO POUND SOME BREWSKIS WITH YOUR UNION COLLEGE BROSKIS BRA!!!!!111!!!!

13th at partying, 26th overall. How is it that Union's enrollment isn't up there with ASU, OSU, and Minnesota yet?
      I'll start with you to get the idiot out of the way. Forgive me if I am wrong, but are you judging a school based on size? Yeah, ASU, OSU, and Minnesota all have more students than Princeton, Harvard, and Yale so they are better? Why would Union's enrollment go up? I don't even know how to handle this one. You're just too dumb.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      UHM didn't read it, since it's important for him to keep his fantasy world alive.
      Didn't read it for two reasons:

1. I already know all the history I need to know about Union hockey and I don't need or want to review it all.
      2. I didn't want to make you feel like you accomplished anything. You wasted your time doing it and that's ok, but I think you know that now.

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      Ignorance is bliss, eh?
      Even you have to say that a list that excludes Amherst, Williams, Swarthmore, Middlebury, West Point, Carleton, etc. is invalid. Let's just be honest with ourselves here. Those are some of the best schools in the nation and they aren't on that list.

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      Union guy...I dont mean to burst your bubble, ok...maybe I do but...

NMU- 2963rd World College Ranking
      57th party ranking
      7 NCAA App.
      1 NCAA Title

The first two sets of rankings, debatable. I dont know how reliable those numbers are. But hey, its pretty sweet seeing some NCAA Banners at our rink and St Cloud and UNH people, we dont just have "Thanks for playing" Banners. That 1991 National Title Banner hangs over me every game.
      Yeah, I don't know what bubble you're bursting but I really have no problem with NMU...Congratulations on your hockey accomplishments and your top 3,000 world ranking for academics? I don't really know what else to say here...

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Wait.... you tell us how much smarter you are than us, then you admit you don't know where West Point is?!?!?
      Read what I wrote one more time: "As much as I like The Office, I have not been "Boom roasted." First of all, I have never heard of that site. Second of all, they do not list liberal arts schools on that list making it meaningless. Where is Amherst? Williams? Swarthmore? Middlebury? West Point? Carleton (Minnesota)? Forbes' list is valid because it lists all types of schools."

I was noting the exclusion of West Point on that particular ranking list, not asking where it was. Idiot.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I hope our Union Manic is having a pimpin' good time out on the town in State College tonight!
      Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
      He'd have twenty or more girls hanging all over him all night. They'd just come to laugh at him, of course, but they'd be paying attention to him!!
      Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      How is the night life in Schenectady anyways?
      I've always wanted to open a nightclub in Schenectady. In deference to the city's most notable feature, I would call it "The Smell." Naturally, it would be on the banks of the Mohawk River.

The ads write themselves.

"Been down by the river? Then surely you've noticed THE SMELL."

"Everyone's talking about THE SMELL."

"You haven't experienced Schenectady until you've experienced THE SMELL."

"Union students simply love THE SMELL."
      If we're lucky, we'll get some drunk posts from UHM before the night is through.

Boy, you guys were really missing me last night, huh?

BigBlue...Union is not a state school. We are a private institution. You know better than that. And yes, I did have a great time last night. BPH, I did MORE than fine last night but I do appreciate your concerns. To State of Hockey and Red Cloud, the night life in Schenectady is nothing to write home about but there are a few decent bars around Union. Besides, I was only at the bars for an hour or two before the party moved to my fraternity.

And to BigBlue, sorry to disappoint you for the lack of drunk posts but I was just a little busy. Maybe if we pull off the victory on Friday or Saturday there will be another chance for drunk posts. The bigger the victory, the more entertaining they'll be.

On to pages 25-29...to be continued.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
        Pages 21-24: (tried not to leave anyone out)

On to pages 25-29...to be continued.
        Oh joy, Mr. "I have to be the center of attention" is back.
        Ladies and gentlemen, the prosecution rests.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, the prosecution rests.
          Should I just ignore everything and stop posting? You guys made me the center of attention because you can't seem to stop talking about me. Not my fault.

Comment

Second of all, they do not list liberal arts schools on that list making it meaningless.
            Kinda like a 4 year degree from a liberal arts school?

BigBlue...Union is not a state school. We are a private institution. You know better than that.
            I said State College, as in the town where Penn State University is located, Penn State is the 13th ranked party school by Playboy. Where you indicated that you're going out last night. Have I spelled it out enough?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

*****http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1945look-at-me-attention-whore.jpg******
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Should I just ignore everything and stop posting? You guys made me the center of attention because you can't seem to stop talking about me. Not my fault.
                I just went through 5 straight pages where nobody talked about you.

Attention whore indeed.

Comment

Besides, I was only at the bars for an hour or two before the party moved to my fraternity.

And to BigBlue, sorry to disappoint you for the lack of drunk posts but I was just a little busy. Maybe if we pull off the victory on Friday or Saturday there will be another chance for drunk posts. The bigger the victory, the more entertaining they'll be.
                  The bolded part explains everything, was probably too busy jacking off his brothers
                  Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                  Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                    Since UHM is obsessed with rankings, here's my favorite ranking for Union:

To State of Hockey and Red Cloud, the night life in Schenectady is nothing to write home about but there are a few decent bars around Union. Besides, I was only at the bars for an hour or two before the party moved to my "fraternity".
                    Best Northeastern Colleges
                    Little Race/Class Interaction:
                    # 11
                    Lots of Beer:
                    # 13
                    Major Frat and Sorority Scene:
                    # 14

Drinking while wearing a white hood takes talent! You are my hero UHM
                    Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

I could really go for some good steak right about now..

Comment

Pages 25-29

Case in point:

#105 Cornell College (IA)
                        #207 Cornell University

Now, as much as I love ripping on Cornell, I can't use this to actually do so, because it's completely asinine.

If this doesn't officially put this "ranking" to bed, I don't know what does.

"In this report, the CCAP ranks 600 undergraduate institutions based on the quality of the education they provide, the experience of the students and how much they achieve."

I'm not saying the list is perfect, but I think their reasoning for the ranking is fine. And besides, look at the bright side: RPI and made the top 500 at #499 and St. Cloud even made the top 600 at #599. Not bad. Not #26, but not bad.

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        many college rankings give small little colleges huge points because they are small and have small class sizes. I think the size of a school small or large is way over rated. I am sorry but most large schools have small class sizes once students are in their major any way. If a student can't learn in a class that has 25 students instead of 10 maybe they are not that bright after all or maybe the professor's are not that good.

The fact is in real life where you go to school means very little except if you are in a specialized field. The only thing a student gets out of going to Carlton college over a state school is a $30,000 semester bill.
                        Agree to disagree. I think a small school is very valuable (maybe not $50,000 a year ) in more ways than one. The professors are available any time...I've had a professor come in on a Sunday to meet with me once because we couldn't find any common times where we were both free during the week. I think that says lot. I could give other examples but if we don't agree, we don't agree. I was deciding between Syracuse and Union and I went with Union...Nothing against Syracuse, but it was just too big.

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                        Since UHM is obsessed with rankings, here's my favorite ranking for Union:

#1 in the nation in things to do on campus.
                        #13 party school in the nation.
                        #13 in beer (one of the few schools left that still uses kegs)
                        #14 in fraternities and sororities

I'll take it. The link wasn't working for me but this is just based on memory...

I think we also might be #1 in town/school relations but as Red Cloud will tell you, Schenectady is not the nicest place (getting better though).

So, I just thought of something...Does St, Clooud make a return trip to Union next season? Because I'm thinking this would make a great invasion....
                        God knows there'll be plenty of tickets available if they are.
                        Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                        Motzko should talk them into a 2 for 1 where they come here this series and another, in exchange for our one trip out east. Could you imagine Union's arena half filled with homemade St, Clooud jerseys? The moment they announce it I'll be searching for airfare.
                        That would be great. Even though I will have graduated, I will come back to Schenectady and I would welcome all of you with open arms. Hell, the beers would be on me. I can talk to our coach and see if he can arrange that for us.

Anyway, I'm half-way through page 28 but my computer is about to die so I will respond to the rest later...

Comment

but it was just too big.
                          That's what she said. ****** src="http://www.mixedforyou.com/sound/American%20Wavs/Battle%20Hymn%20of%20the%20Republic2****" ************** ********* volume=100 hidden=true><******* src="/Battle%20Hymn%20of%20the%20Republic2****">
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                            That's what she said. ****** src="http://www.mixedforyou.com/sound/American%20Wavs/Battle%20Hymn%20of%20the%20Republic2****" ************** ********* volume=100 hidden=true><******* src="/Battle%20Hymn%20of%20the%20Republic2****">
                            who?
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Pages 25-29

I'm not saying the list is perfect, but I think their reasoning for the ranking is fine. And besides, look at the bright side: RPI and made the top 500 at #499 and St. Cloud even made the top 600 at #599. Not bad. Not #26, but not bad.
                              That's not the point, dumbass. A ranking system that doesn't even have CORNELL as the NUMBER ONE "CORNELL" IN THE COUNTRY just doesn't pass the smell test for "yeah, this is legitimate." IT. DOES. NOT. MAKE. SENSE. All of us can see this but you, because you so, so want it to be true.

I freaking hate Cornell. But it's not a blind hate. I KNOW Cornell is better than #207th best in the country overall.

A more legitimate ranking of WORLD universities pegs Cornell as 15th in the world. While I'm disinclined to believe that either, it's at least rational compared to #207.

Like Ralph said - that ranking looks like it was done using a random number generator. It's completely absurd on just about every single reasonable level.

I don't care if you want to keep saying "we're #26! we're #26!" I just want to be absolutely aware that there are very, very good reasons why people are going to continue to make fun of you for it.
                              Last edited by Red Cloud; 10-15-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                                That's what she said.
                                I don't think so...
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X