Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Hey Husker. Go find a truther board to post this kind of stuff. The only left wing discussions on this board should be about our forwards.
    Been waiting to pounce RC?

We are speaking with Alaskan hockey fans about a dispute regarding the ownership of the University of Alaska. We all know that the Governor was a big fan of the sport so I think it's a fair place to poke fun as opposed to a random shot at someone. He77, there are less than 700K people in Alaska and the two schools have 25K students between them. It wouldn't be surprising to me if this topic actually were addressed at the Governor's level.

Comment

Wikipedia? Really?
      Why not?

This is something whose definition, from my observations, depends strongly upon one's experience and point of view. The article implies that.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks Ralph. If anyone wants to amend that WIKI entry to clarify what Upstate is according to Red Cloud, I too could determine whether I truly grew up in Upstate NY or not. I just hope I don't have to go home and tell everyone that they've been wrong all of these years.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Since no one answered this question and I also did not know the answer, I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanook

As for the politics, I too believe that it does not belong here. No matter what your personal views are.
          It says "master" of bears. I should think there is only one of those. So do we conclude that the Nanooks are one live bad ***** polar bear and a pile of his dead ancestors? Or perhaps one Polar bear and one lost Kodiak bear?

I agree with your other comment. I was just poking fun at Alaska moreso than trying to be political.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            It says "master" of bears. I should think there is only one of those. So do we conclude that the Nanooks are one live bad ***** polar bear and a pile of his dead ancestors? Or perhaps one Polar bear and one lost Kodiak bear?

I agree with your other comment. I was just poking fun at Alaska moreso than trying to be political.
            Poking fun at Alaska, ouch there's a first.

Comment

Been waiting to pounce RC?
              No, I just figured that if you were going to excoriate me for using a single political figure in a post that wasn't intended to be political, that you would hold yourself to the same standard before choosing to actually reference a political figure in a political manner.

Or was I wrong, and you're (to my great sadness) a hypocrite?
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Why not?
                Uh... because when I'm looking for information on a Upstate New York, it's interesting to know that **ERIC IS A FAG** ?

Comment

Or was I wrong, and you're (to my great sadness) a hypocrite?
                  I'd say you were half right, a little wrong and now you are making me sad too.

I still don't think there was a partisan political bend to what I posted here. And since you are adamantly defending your original post in the same manner, I will take you at your word sir. Let's move on.

Death to the dead or lost bears!

Comment

I'd say you were half right, a little wrong and now you are making me sad too.

I still don't think there was a partisan political bend to what I posted here.
                    There definitely wasn't one to what I posted back a couple of weeks ago - I wasn't even talking about the person I referenced, unlike yours. Didn't stop you from flipping your lid - I even exactly quoted yours to the T, only changing "red" to "husker" and "right" to "left." Stung a bit, apparently, like yours did - then seeing you do at least the same was a little annoying. Just trying to point out that you can't have it both ways, champ.

I will take you at your word sir. Let's move on.
                    Let's. Let's leave the political crap alone, eh? Let's talk about how the Engineers are going to have a good couple of games.

Comment

Death to the dead or lost bears!
                      I am still alive and hopefully well.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What's a seawolf?

Comment

What's a seawolf?

Comment

*****http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/feb2009/0/0/Image_7_for_Ugly_fish_gallery_882398948.jpg******

Is this one?

Comment

Neither. Some people thing "upstate" starts in Yonkers, and they're wrong. Some people think "upstate" starts in Poughkeepsie, and they're wrong. Some people think "upstate" starts in Albany and, yes, they're wrong too.
                              You take the Southern edge of Lake Ontario, and draw a line east. THAT is where Upstate NY starts.

And birdman, Plattsburgh is most definitely upstate. Only about 4-7 more exits on the northway before Canada (depending on which Plattsburgh exit :P )

In any case, I am looking forward to listening to these games.

Comment

Anybody from Troy/Cohoes area coming up because I need a take out order from Hot Dog Charlies and Ted's Fish Fry, and some Greek burgers from Gus's in Watervliet would hit the spot. We don't have alot of good places for fast food in Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                                X