• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    that glorified community college
    At least you admit it
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I expect both alaska teams to go 2-0 in this tourney. i'm sure uaa will show a way better effort, but it might not be enough. it's going to come down to goal differential which is sad. If greenham plays like he did last weekend, the nookies will probably take the bryce. I hope i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hop-less View Post
        I expect both alaska teams to go 2-0 in this tourney. i'm sure uaa will show a way better effort, but it might not be enough. it's going to come down to goal differential which is sad. If greenham plays like he did last weekend, the nookies will probably take the bryce. I hope i am wrong.
        Agreed, although I'm not sure about RPI. They look like a tougher out than people give them credit for.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          3rd row on the 2nd deck, $100. That's significantly cheaper than the $600 flight to Fairbanks.
          Only $600 to Fairbanks? Where'd you find that? That is cheap!
          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            Welcome to Fairbanks RPI and RMU. I hope you find us gracious hosts around town but not on the ice. We hope to give you hard fought, well played games, and expect nothing less from you. We will not take you lightly. If you beat us it will be well deserved. We have no reason or tendency to be cocky. We’ll leave that to others.

You visit us in the warmest October I can remember in my 45+ years in Alaska. It is not uncommon to have a foot of snow and drop to -10 degrees this time of year. My drive back from Anchorage from this past weekend’s Kendall Tourney was unusually nice, for many reasons. Any drive out of Anchorage is always nice, but it was near 60 degrees much of the trip.

I’ll leave you with a shot of my trip North along the Glenn Highway, back to God’s country, and best wishes for strong showings in the early games.
            Go Nooks!
            *****http://mmf.smugmug.com/photos/680162083_gwpJq-L.jpg******
            Very well put MMF. Fairbanks is a great community with a super deep rooted love for our team. I will not guarantee wins, but feel decent about our chances. We will show up and play hard. We will compete. As you can tell, there is no love lost between us and Gangchorage. However, they will compete and play with the same pride that we do. They are equally as well coached as we are, and will be bigger and physical (losing Crowder will be big for them over the course of the year). Overall I think this is a much more balanced tourney then the one in Gangchorage. I look forward to a great tourney. Again this is a great community and a true hockey town. If anyone form RPI or RMU is coming up for the games, let me know. I would love to buy you a beer and meet you. Also UA has a press conference after every game, with the unique feature that allows for the average fan to ask questions (only team in the country that does this that I’m aware of). If you can, you should attend. It’s pretty neat. Overall, I hope this is a tough, fun tourney, which is injury free. I expect a much better showing from Anchorage, then the game against UMich. I’m going with UA 3-1, 3-2 in their respective games. I’ll leave UAA predictions up to someone else. GO NOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!
            All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              Also, a quick history lesson:

http://www.alaska.edu/active/about-ua/
              I can't believe Sarah Palin didn't clear up that whole mess during her abbreviated term as Governor. As I recall, building a rink in Wasilla was one of the primary accomplishments of her mayoral career. Surely she would have realized how having two Universities of Alaska could be detrimental to promoting Alaska hockey.

Personally I think UAA should go with the University of Anchorage and leave it at that.

What technically is a nanook anyhow? I've heard of Nanook of the north and I don't suppose the Nanooks would be a bunch of clones or the original Nanook.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                I can't believe Sarah Palin didn't clear up that whole mess during her abbreviated term as Governor. As I recall, building a rink in Wasilla was one of the primary accomplishments of her mayoral career. Surely she would have realized how having two Universities of Alaska could be detrimental to promoting Alaska hockey.
                Hey Husker. Go find a truther board to post this kind of stuff. The only left wing discussions on this board should be about our forwards.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

You've never been to upstate New York if you think this is true.
                  I should have specified D1 hockey team, and living in the capital district for 18 years qualifies me as having been to upstate New York.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                    I should have specified D1 hockey team, and living in the capital district for 18 years qualifies me as having been to upstate New York.
                    Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

What technically is a nanook anyhow? I've heard of Nanook of the north and I don't suppose the Nanooks would be a bunch of clones or the original Nanook.
                      Since no one answered this question and I also did not know the answer, I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanook

As for the politics, I too believe that it does not belong here. No matter what your personal views are.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Not really.
                        Are you related or associated with UAA trolls or just being a moron?

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                          Are you related or associated with UAA trolls or just being a moron?
                          Neither. Some people thing "upstate" starts in Yonkers, and they're wrong. Some people think "upstate" starts in Poughkeepsie, and they're wrong. Some people think "upstate" starts in Albany and, yes, they're wrong too.

Comment

Neither. Some people thing "upstate" starts in Yonkers, and they're wrong. Some people think "upstate" starts in Poughkeepsie, and they're wrong. Some people think "upstate" starts in Albany and, yes, they're wrong too.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wikipedia? Really?

Comment

I was stationed at Plattsburgh during the 80's, is that upstate? You have geography issues, so I will leave you with your own thoughts on "upstate New York". I hope RPI plays well on Friday and not so much Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X