Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    If there's no universe destroying polar bear to be found, I would call this a failed road trip.
    Your best likelihood at viewing any variety of bears in _airbanks is in the twilight at the dump.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      Your best likelihood at viewing any variety of bears in _airbanks is in the twilight at the dump.
      Glad you mentioned where that pic was taken, mmf. I don't recall ever seeing any mountains in _airbanks.

I am not going to predict a UAA win this weekend, not after the way the team played last Saturday night. They better win, and I know they are capable of it, but they better play to the best of their abilities.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        For all the RPI and RMU fans I must inform you that our UAA trolls spell Fairbanks without an F because UAF became UA last year, because we are the "University of Alaska" UAA is just a glorified community college.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
          For all the RPI and RMU fans I must inform you that our UAA trolls spell Fairbanks without an F because UAF became UA last year, because we are the "University of Alaska" UAA is just a glorified community college.
          Yeah, we get it. We r teh smrt.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Don't kid yourself. When people think of the University of Alaska, they do NOT think of Fairbanks. In fact, since the name was changed to improve Fairbanks image, there was a poll giving UAA a place that UA_ should have had, because they recognized UA as meaning Alaska Anchorage.
            Last edited by Suze; 10-14-2009, 05:15 PM.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Don't kid yourself. When people think of the University of Alaska, they do NOT think of Fairbanks. In fact, since the name was changed to improve Fairbanks image, there was a poll giving UAA a place that UA_ should have had, because they recognized UA as meaning Alaska Anchorage.
              The poll you are quoting is USA Today, enough said, those morons wouldn't know a hat trick from an assist. UAA the only community college in America with a hockey team.

Comment

UAA the only community college in America with a hockey team.
                You've never been to upstate New York if you think this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  This may sound odd, but it's true - I was heavily considering going to Fairbanks to check this series out, but I found it much cheaper to go watch a Yankees playoff game this weekend.
                  RC: We checked out the prices and found the only reasonable seats for the Yankees were in the nosebleed section-anything even close to the field was prohibitively expensive. I think I could fly to Alaska for less
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    RC: We checked out the prices and found the only reasonable seats for the Yankees were in the nosebleed section-anything even close to the field was prohibitively expensive. I think I could fly to Alaska for less
                    3rd row on the 2nd deck, $100. That's significantly cheaper than the $600 flight to Fairbanks.

Comment

*****http://www.thehindu.com/fline/fl2008/images/20030425007100510.jpg******
                      Last edited by Squarebanks; 10-14-2009, 08:47 PM.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        3rd row on the 2nd deck, $100. That's significantly cheaper than the $600 flight to Fairbanks.
                        Sounds like a steal-now if only the weather holds out.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Also, a quick history lesson:

The university system started as the Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines in Fairbanks, later renamed the University of Alaska. That first year, the campus was a single two-story frame building and had just six students. The school was renamed the University of Alaska in 1935.

In 1954, Anchorage Community College (now known as the University of Alaska Anchorage) was incorporated into the University of Alaska.
                          http://www.alaska.edu/active/about-ua/
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

There is one big difference. UAA still has Anchorage in their name, but _airbanks doesn't. It's all about image.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

There is one big difference. UAA still has Anchorage in their name, but _airbanks doesn't. It's all about image.
                              Come on, that's the best you can do? I'm disappointed in you.
                              Last edited by Squarebanks; 10-14-2009, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                *****http://www.thehindu.com/fline/fl2008/images/20030425007100510.jpg******
                                ”No No No a thousand times No the _airbanks men’s Hockey team will not play, scrimmage or practice against the _airbanks Women’s Hockey club team……..we don’t need to have pie in our face. UA_ is all ready dealing with a 3 year old case of diaper rash getting shut out twice last year and have been beaten into submission the last 3 years by that glorified community college in the Alaska Airlines Governs cup ……………… UAA”
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X