Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Was the last time uaa played rpi the very first game Shyiak won as head coach (from his bio page)? Not that it matters, but I guess it'd be cool to beat them a second time when hosting...

Comment

Originally posted by terrierhockey View Post
      Was the last time uaa played rpi the very first game Shyiak won as head coach (from his bio page)? Not that it matters, but I guess it'd be cool to beat them a second time when hosting...
      Yes. RPI hasn't been up to Alaska since the start of the 05-06 season. So, this will be their second meeting with Shyiak as the head coach, and the first with Appert behind the bench for the Engineers.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
        For UAA - Friday @ 4:05 PM. Saturaday @ 3:05 PM.
        thank you sir.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

After the game on Saturday I'm not very confident in UAA right now. The next two games I think might give us an idea of how it's gonna be this season but, and no offense to RMU or RPI fans, I don't see these games as being a real test. The Michigan game was a real test and we failed horribly and the first WCHA games against North Dakota will be another to see how things will really go.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            The last time RPI was in Alaska, we were able to get free video. Is that still available? And if not is there video available for a charge?
            It probally was free in 05 but GCI changed it to charge for non-gci customers.
            It looks like it's not archived so not sure if they broadcasted on web this year.
            http://portal.gci.net/content/gci_sports/uaa_hockey

complaining about our team isn't going to make them better or boost their confidence so from now on I'll just enjoy the game instead of (de)grading them.

Smash, crush RPI and RMU like bugs and bring home the Goal Rush trophy.
            Go Seawolves *howl howl howl*

Comment

There's a trophy for this (stuff)fest?
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                After the game on Saturday I'm not very confident in UAA right now. The next two games I think might give us an idea of how it's gonna be this season but, and no offense to RMU or RPI fans, I don't see these games as being a real test. The Michigan game was a real test and we failed horribly and the first WCHA games against North Dakota will be another to see how things will really go.

I think it's a little early to already lose confidence, especially since we didnt have backstrom or hunt on D. I think we can get a perspective of how the season is going to be after those two get a few games under their belts when they return.

Comment

Just checking to be sure, the RPI website http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey& lists Friday's and Saturday's games as beginning at 8:35 and 11:35, respectively. That is EDT with the local times being 4 hours earlier, correct? It doesn't agree with earlier posts.

Edit: Nevermind. USCHO gives local times.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-13-2009, 06:23 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Just checking to be sure, the RPI website http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey& lists Friday's and Saturday's games as beginning at 8:35 and 11:35, respectively. That is EDT with the local times being 4 hours earlier, correct? It doesn't agree with earlier posts.

Edit: Nevermind. USCHO gives local times.
                    I will need to take some "uppers" to last for that second game. Not exactly prime time in the east.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by hop-less View Post
                      I think it's a little early to already lose confidence, especially since we didnt have backstrom or hunt on D. I think we can get a perspective of how the season is going to be after those two get a few games under their belts when they return.
                      I agree. We know how much talent is on this team, it's still preseason. We've all seen a good team lose on a Friday night and totally cream their opponent on Saturday. That's how I look at it. Michigan was not going to be embarrassed two nights in a row, and we got them when they were very determined. I'm sure the team will learn a lot from their loss, and we are fortunate is doesn't really count.

I do think we will see a much different Seawolves team on the ice this weekend.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        I would not underestimate RPI. I think they will surprise UAA this weekend and Michigan later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                          I would not underestimate RPI. I think they will surprise UAA this weekend and Michigan later in the season.
                          How can we surprise Michigan? We are 6-3-1 lifetime against them.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            How can we surprise Michigan? We are 6-3-1 lifetime against them.
                            When was the last time we played them?
                            I think that they will be in for a surprise.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              When was the last time we played them?
                              I think that they will be in for a surprise.
                              It was an 11-10 OT loss in 85-86. I have to look up the date.

It was 1/18/86. We played them three times that season. An 8-3 win in the GLI (only previous time that we were there), and twice in AA, a 7-6 win on 1/17 and the 11-10 loss the next day. The National championship team beat them twice in Troy the previous season, 5-2 and 5-1.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I hope the nooks don't take RPI or for that matter anyone else for granted. This seems to be a team that has to play together to be sucessfull because we don't have alot of individual talent. RPI beat UNH, so they must be pretty good, because UNH is no softy. I am making the trek up north this weekend with my grandson and hoping for a nanook sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X