Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

jimjamesak, taking bad penalties is, imo, the biggest thing holding you back from being a decent threat in the WCHA. Of the Seawolf games I've watched the last few years, it seems like almost every game there's either a 5 minute major or some other completely boneheaded minor. Case in point on Saturday when Kevin Clark, for no apparent good reason, shoved a RMU player into the net after play was whistled dead.

Just my observation. Good luck with the Siouxies this weekend, I might go check out one of the games if I get bored.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Two things Suze:

1. CCHA referees outside of Pietrowski (sp? Who I think is retired anyway) suck. Fact of life. We've known it for years. Remember the "Squarebanks slow whistle special"?

2. It was not their fault. We take too many penalties. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many. It was a problem last year. It's a problem this year. Needs to be solved, obviously hasn't yet.
      I didn't say the UAA players were faultless. I admitted they took some stupid penalties, but come on, when Doyle Woody says that a five minute major on Kane was "a marginal call, at best", you know there was a problem. That led to a 2 man advantage, and it was a terrible call. If you are going to penalize a player for 5 minutes, you better get it right.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        jimjamesak, taking bad penalties is, imo, the biggest thing holding you back from being a decent threat in the WCHA. Of the Seawolf games I've watched the last few years, it seems like almost every game there's either a 5 minute major or some other completely boneheaded minor. Case in point on Saturday when Kevin Clark, for no apparent good reason, shoved a RMU player into the net after play was whistled dead.

Just my observation. Good luck with the Siouxies this weekend, I might go check out one of the games if I get bored.
        Clark's penalty was stupid, almost as stupid as the penalty that RPI took toward the end of the UA_ game. That allowed UA_ to score their only goal for the tie, otherwise RPI probably would have won.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Before I say this I want be on record I dislike Kevin Clark. Howver, his goal against RPI was right in front of me and I still can't believe he scored that from his belly with a defender on top of him. Dion's penalty shot was amazing when you see it first hand and even better when they played it in slow motion.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
            Before I say this I want be on record I dislike Kevin Clark. Howver, his goal against RPI was right in front of me and I still can't believe he scored that from his belly with a defender on top of him. Dion's penalty shot was amazing when you see it first hand and even better when they played it in slow motion.
            Dions goal was a thing of beauty. Is he a junior this year?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Dions goal was a thing of beauty. Is he a junior this year?
              Senior, as is his brother Brandon.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Senior, as is his brother Brandon.
                You don't know how happy I am to hear that!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You don't know how happy I am to hear that!
                  We are sad! Can't believe this is already his last year. He is only 19 yrs old I think. Youngest or second youngest senior in DI hockey. There are freshamn older than he is!
                  All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                    We are sad! Can't believe this is already his last year. He is only 19 yrs old I think. Youngest or second youngest senior in DI hockey. There are freshamn older than he is!
                    Wow, that's amazing, he has a bright future. I thought he was the best Nanook player on the ice last weekend (aside from Greenham).

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Isn't Greenham 23 or something like that?

Comment

Wow, that's amazing, he has a bright future. I thought he was the best Nanook player on the ice last weekend (aside from Greenham).
                        Geez, every time I want to hate you, you come out and say something nice!

Comment

Actually, he's 20 -- he'll turn 21 in January. But I think you're right in saying that some freshmen are older than he is!

Comment

Working...
                          X