Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Big kudos to Robert Morris; they are a much better team than I credited them for.
    Thanks for the Kudos. I guess the boys had to bring home at least one souvenir before they went back to the burgh.

Good luck the rest of the way.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      It's so much easier to win when you have two 2 man advantages, and play half the game with an extra skater. I'm not saying UAA didn't take some stupid penalties, they did. But that 5 minute on Lafranchise was a terrible call. It was in open ice, not into the boards, and should have been a 2 minute penalty not 5.

Needless to say, UAA did not look very good, and if they play like that next weekend they are gonna get killed and so is the fan base.
      Stupid penalties are still penalties, and UAA got beat fair and square. Give RMU credit where it's due for coming up here and not backing down.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
        I too miss gazewood. I just wished he didn't do the mumbly-thing with opposing team information - i could never understand what was said when he did that. He certainly had good ability to project and that is missing. He's a busy guy though.

Attendance was poor. I'm not sure why. Someone else said that season ticket holders didn't get tix to these games as part of their packages, that might be some of it.... RPI+robert morris won't draw in fans like michigan does, as well.
        He is a busy guy, and a good guy. The mumbly-thing wasn't great, but the rest was. It is stupid the season tix holders didn't get that in their package. A couple would have to shell out another $70 on top of the hundreds they paid for their season tix. I don't care who we play, that place used to be packed always. Maybe we are still recovering from the bad couple years. I hope it gets better. We'll see.
        All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Official attendance for the second game was 2385. That's about half full, right? Don't ever, ever rag on UAA fans about their attendance. UAA actually had good attendance for their tourney. If I remember right, last year the CC was not as full as usual either. At least you don't have a "pro" team to compete with.

UAA offers their tourney tickets with the season ticket packages, maybe _airbanks should do the same?

Should be some interesting games tonight, UAA is only ahead in goal differential by one.
          Please............... we've only had the problem the last year and the games this year. You guys have had an attendance problem for over ten years.
          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
            Please............... we've only had the problem the last year and the games this year. You guys have had an attendance problem for over ten years.
            Good try, but UA_ has had attendance issues for longer than that. Don't forget, I get to see their games on cable and I read the papers. And UAA has not had attendance issues dating back ten years.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Good try, but UA_ has had attendance issues for longer than that. Don't forget, I get to see their games on cable and I read the papers. And UAA has not had attendance issues dating back ten years.
              BS on both statements and you know it.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Attendance was due to ticket prices, website said $13-20, got to Fairbanks and the cheapest ticket was $23, so for me and my grandson $92 bucks for the games. Good thing is you can leave and come back at anytime, unlike the Sully. RPI and RMU both were better the second night, and UAA's Baldwin #7 is a hack, plain and simple. Hope Shyiak can change his use of the stick or he will continue to get penalties. My first time seeing the bear destroy Anchorage was really good, grandson loved it and the mascots sat with him at each game, he's handicapped and loved that the bears came and talked with him. Good hockey both nights, does anyone know why Granberg didn't play Saturday, he has skills.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                  Good hockey both nights, does anyone know why Granberg didn't play Saturday, he has skills.
                  I think Dallas wanted to mix and match different lines before conference play starts.

Comment

Word is that Granberg is injured. Something with his right arm/wrist.

I reviewed the footage of greenhams save where some people said that it looked like he may have gone past the pipes - it wasn't even close. Just a gorgeous save.

Heres lots of footage from the brice.
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/salchabo.../0/nH3ZhxlmQCk

Courtesy jaime schwartzwald from news 13.

//edit: and ticket prices, YES OMG!

I took my little sister and two of her friends to the last game of the brice and it cost me $69 for those three tix.... I was kind of shocked. Combined with the fact that season ticket holders aren't getting tickets to the brice (not that I'm one), and the low attendance... I'd suggest the university consider dropping the price.
                    Last edited by Methodical; 10-18-2009, 09:52 PM.
                    The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

I bought mine at the Patty Center, tournament package general admission was $34 total. A few bucks more than buying two tickets for a weekend series, but not bad considering you got two extra games included.

Comment

LOL. You're funny.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                          Attendance was due to ticket prices, website said $13-20, got to Fairbanks and the cheapest ticket was $23, so for me and my grandson $92 bucks for the games. Good thing is you can leave and come back at anytime, unlike the Sully. RPI and RMU both were better the second night, and UAA's Baldwin #7 is a hack, plain and simple. Hope Shyiak can change his use of the stick or he will continue to get penalties. My first time seeing the bear destroy Anchorage was really good, grandson loved it and the mascots sat with him at each game, he's handicapped and loved that the bears came and talked with him. Good hockey both nights, does anyone know why Granberg didn't play Saturday, he has skills.
                          Granberg has a laceration on his elblw, out a week or so. Good we have a bye coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                            I bought mine at the Patty Center, tournament package general admission was $34 total. A few bucks more than buying two tickets for a weekend series, but not bad considering you got two extra games included.
                            I think Prices have been increasing every year for the past 5 (I may be wrong). My fiancé and I got our tickets at the patty for $68 also. I think the general tickets are high. Actually ever since they went with Ticketmaster, and they get to tack on an extra $4, the prices seem high. Considering Alaska has lost jobs for 5 months in a row now, I think it's about time to lower the costs. People are not going to spend that kind of money in these times. We make more than enough money, but have decided to cut back on Ice Dogs games (never UA games) due to the ever increasing prices. Oh we were duck hunting in Delta on Saturday, and didn’t have time to go home for dinner before the game. We got a cheese burger, pulled pork, and one diet coke……………..$16.75. Almost spent $100 for the tourney (never did make it to the beer garden either night thank god). Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                              I think Prices have been increasing every year for the past 5 (I may be wrong). My fiancé and I got our tickets at the patty for $68 also. I think the general tickets are high. Actually ever since they went with Ticketmaster, and they get to tack on an extra $4, the prices seem high. Considering Alaska has lost jobs for 5 months in a row now, I think it's about time to lower the costs. People are not going to spend that kind of money in these times. We make more than enough money, but have decided to cut back on Ice Dogs games (never UA games) due to the ever increasing prices. Oh we were duck hunting in Delta on Saturday, and didn’t have time to go home for dinner before the game. We got a cheese burger, pulled pork, and one diet coke……………..$16.75. Almost spent $100 for the tourney (never did make it to the beer garden either night thank god). Ouch.
                              Don't tell SMG that parking is still free at the Carlson. Most of last season I would buy my tickets online from Ticketmaster before flying up there; I finally came to the conclusion that it was just as easy, with slightly less service charges, to just buy tickets the day of the game at Fred Meyer. Hardly anybody in Fairbanks ever buys seats in advance to anything so it's still easy to snag some good lower-level seats on game day without having to stand in line in the cold.

Comment

It's so much easier to win when you have two 2 man advantages, and play half the game with an extra skater. I'm not saying UAA didn't take some stupid penalties, they did. But that 5 minute on Lafranchise was a terrible call. It was in open ice, not into the boards, and should have been a 2 minute penalty not 5.
                                Two things Suze:

1. CCHA referees outside of Pietrowski (sp? Who I think is retired anyway) suck. Fact of life. We've known it for years. Remember the "Squarebanks slow whistle special"?

2. It was not their fault. We take too many penalties. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many. It was a problem last year. It's a problem this year. Needs to be solved, obviously hasn't yet.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X