Brown @ UNH - Onions Mans search for Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown @ UNH - Onions Mans search for Glory

Credit to Brown for outworking and outplaying UNH tonight. UNH lost almost every one on one battle, were lazy with the puck, and couldn't put passes together. brown deserved a better fate.

Puckfan, I gotta side with the other folks. Look at how they played 4 days ago, it was hard to believe that was the same team on the same ice.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      Puckfan, I gotta side with the other folks. Look at how they played 4 days ago, it was hard to believe that was the same team on the same ice.
      Exactly.

One thing I will say, though, is that this UNH team seems to have the same "never quit" attitude as the teams of the past two years. Granted, had they played better the first 58 minutes, they might not have needed the comeback, but it's a nice trait for a team to have.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        Credit to Brown for outworking and outplaying UNH tonight. UNH lost almost every one on one battle, were lazy with the puck, and couldn't put passes together. brown deserved a better fate.

I haven't seen a game in over a month, so I couldn't begin to tell you how they compared last night to the games against BU. Agreed that it wasn't their best work last night, but I didn't see them at their worst, either. There were absolutely stretches where Brown outplayed them, and I am befuddled by the constant defensive breakdowns, but I also saw stretches where UNH controlled play pretty well . . . it was those stretches that led me to believe they were playing with intensity, and that Brown was just able to match that intensity. Every time the puck went into a corner, it seemed Brown came away with it; it wasn't that UNH wasn't fighting for it, it's just that Brown was better.

I'd tempered my expectations for this year, and have unfortunately only seen a couple games due to a more rigorous music schedule; I'll have to take your word(s) for it, Shawn and CBG, that last night was not indicative of what they're capable of this year :-) Let's hope they play more up to their own standards against (#18!!) Merrimack Saturday night; this post-Thanksgiving game usually troubles UNH, so it will be interesting.

And CBG, strongly agreed about the never say die attitude. It's refreshing; some 'Cats teams from previous years would have given up mid-way through the third. Not the more recents teams, though.
        I haven't been on here in a year...
        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Looks like Bruno has "turned the corner". Must be nice as "my team" is going the other way. Go Brown !!
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

It was a great comeback by UNH, for sure. But even after they tied it up, they gave Brown two or three golden chances to win it. UNH's focus in the third period was excellent, at least offensively, but it doesn't begin to make up for the putrid effort all night in the defensive end. Even after they had burned multiple times by Brown's forechecking, the defense (especially the forwards) seemed surprised by Brown's tenacity. Even in the OT, Brown had a couple of glittering chances down low. Better get it together by Saturday against a very hungry Merrimack.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Except for Moses, UNH looked pretty gassed in the waning minutes of the game against BU on Saturday night. But, the Cats should be rested by Tuesay night and much more focused than they might have been had they swept BU in a game they should have won at Agganis.
              And they looked gassed to me in the OT. Of course, they simply looked awful for the 1st 3 periods, excepting the thrilling last 5 minutes of the game, when UNH was dominating play. The timeout by Umile with, what, 2:36 left was shrewd, and the decision to pull Digi was gutsy, given Brown's quick pounce to the puck all night long. But it paid off in the end.

Haven't seen much mention of the HUGE turnover by the Brown player who received the pass from their goalie behind the net, and promptly put it on Borisenok's stick for the tying goal.

Though I'd have gladly accepted it, UNH wouldn't have deserved a win last night, and Brown deserved more than a tie, despite that aforementioned miscue late in the 3rd.
              We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
              ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
              --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

This sums it up.....here is the full post game interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zfs4...e_gdata_player
                PSW
                watching from the stands, saying little

Comment

Working...
                X