• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2010-2011 - Until Moko Comes Along This Will Have To Do

Happy Birthday Leckster!

Comment

• Re: SLU 2011-2012

Had a great time at the SLU Boosters Golf tournament this past weekend. Thanks to Bob Freego and all the organizers for a great event. SLU is really a family and it was nice to see the parents of many past graduates at the outing.

The boys all look ready and were nattily clad in nice Red CCM golf shirts. It sounded as if all the reports were positive in terms of fitness and health. Everyone I spoke with was delighted with the coaching staff and the players all seemed really amped up about the practices with a purpose and are looking forward to the season.

It won't be long now until the puck drops.
      SLU

Comment

Bogosian brothers going head to head in Winnipeg tonight.
        http://bluejackets.nhl.com/v2/ext/pr...atWinnipeg.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by W-force View Post
          Bogosian brothers going head to head in Winnipeg tonight.
          http://bluejackets.nhl.com/v2/ext/pr...atWinnipeg.pdf
          I hope Aaron goes easy on his little brother.

Comment

The 2012 roster(pictures only) is up on the site--and, speaking of updates, where's Moko when we need him?
            Last edited by apple2k; 09-24-2011, 08:34 AM. Reason: double-checked

Comment

• Originally posted by apple2k View Post
              The 2012 roster(pictures only) is up on the site--and, speaking of updates, where's Moko when we need him?
              He has 1 week until hockey!!! I'm planning on being there after getting back from the Yankees ALDS games next weekend.

Comment

Best of luck to the Saints players and coaches this season. Here's to a better year and a welcome to all the new players. Go Saints!!!
                SLU

Comment

Tough loss tonight. Goaltending still looks very shaky, but Gunnar Hughes had a good showing. Was our first line not in action? No sign of Greg Carey or Kyle Flanagan tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by rockandrock44 View Post
                    Tough loss tonight. Goaltending still looks very shaky, but Gunnar Hughes had a good showing. Was our first line not in action? No sign of Greg Carey or Kyle Flanagan tonight.
                    Carey, Flanagan and Drewiski all sat for this exhibition game. This gave the freshman and some of our others who do not normally see much action plenty of playing time. Goaltending was shaky after the first period (in my opinion) but I do feel that Wenninger was strong despite the low shot totals for his period. Overall, there was some obvious issues all around, but I will say that our freshman looked strong and I can see some of them making an immediate impact. Hughes, Thompson and Doherty in particular impressed me the most. We will see our top line of Carey, Flanagan and Drewiski next week for sure as the real season begins. Here's to an exciting and successful season.
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Coach Marsh is taking medical leave of absence with no set comeback date. Not good news.

Some of the freshmen looked very promising last night. The thing that bothered me was poor play by a lot of the returners who did dress. For the most part the play of the veterans last night was simply awful. Not sure what was happening but the forwards who are returners just stunk up the place last night. Wenniger is the man in net and should be just fine.

Hopefully the coaches and guys who didn't dress kick some butt today at practice and get things rolling into this coming weekend.
                      Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                        Coach Marsh is taking medical leave of absence with no set comeback date. Not good news.
                        From the sounds of the article, this is more just to prevent last years questions of "Who/Where is Coach Marsh?" Joe said he is confident he will be able to gain control and return this season, but also said later on that maybe it will be soon, maybe it won't happen... but who knows if that is simply Marsh Talk and not the actual situation.

It's possible that I will not be able to see a game until close to Christmas. Not real happy about that, but thus is the case of the working world. I was going to be at yesterday's exhibition, but Mother Nature decided to make me stay down in the Bronx until 7pm last night.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          From the sounds of the article, this is more just to prevent last years questions of "Who/Where is Coach Marsh?" Joe said he is confident he will be able to gain control and return this season, but also said later on that maybe it will be soon, maybe it won't happen... but who knows if that is simply Marsh Talk and not the actual situation.

It's possible that I will not be able to see a game until close to Christmas. Not real happy about that, but thus is the case of the working world. I was going to be at yesterday's exhibition, but Mother Nature decided to make me stay down in the Bronx until 7pm last night.
                          No Coach Marsh would be a sad thing for the league.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            No Coach Marsh would be a sad thing for the league.
                            Ditto.

Comment

one of the best ( the best in ECAC?) "in game coaches". Hope he's back behind the bench soon.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Hey guys,

Good to see people are still posting on here. I know it will get more play as the season advances. Just wanted to let you know that the season preview is running in Wednesday's Watertown Daily Times. I also have audio interviews from the sources in the season preview up on the blog. Later this week, I intend to post some excerpts from my interview with Joe Marsh, during which he told me about his plans to take a medical leave.

The Marsh news is indeed sad and unfortunate, especially for a man of his caliber and respect to have to endure something like that. But I have no doubts he will return at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Anyway, here's the link to the blog: http://watertowndailytimes.com/section/blogs05

I'll be live-blogging all the home games again this year and providing some play-by-play updates and all scoring plays via Twitter (@DanielJ_WDT). Let's have a good season.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X