Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I wouldn't panic thinking he's going to be the next CPZ.
    heck, even CPZ wasn't the next CPZ.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

It's time I contribute to this discussion.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Recruits could care less about the coach, in some cases; the assistant coaches do a majority of the work. Nathan Oystrick was recruited by Dave Shyiak during Comley's last year at NMU. Walt Kyle called Nathan in the summer and introduced himself as the new head coach. Nathan responded "I never knew who the old coach was."
      Nathan Oystrick was, is and will always be a piece of crap.

/contribution
      Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        That is a pretty huge commitment geezer, I was actually contacted to see if I had heard.
        He's the first U18 team player since Bryan Perez. Now if he could only convince some uncommitted teammates to join him.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          He's a projected 4th-rounder this spring. I understand that if the NHL had ranked him higher, he would have likely gone to the OHL so it's all good.
          And he'll be MTU's best player in his first game (if his leg isn't fractured by then).
          Olson will be their best player if he's back. But a line with Olson, Pietila, and Kero will be fun to watch.

Comment

The decision by Pietila to come to Tech IMO increases the chances that B.Johnson will come as well; he is being pursued heavily by UofM (among many others) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
              Olson will be their best player if he's back. But a line with Olson, Pietila, and Kero will be fun to watch.
              Remember, Baker may be/should be (not up to date on the situation) back after a med. redshirt year.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Natalie Portman Insanity - Great way to laugh at Tech hockey; it is like half laugh half cry.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Are you calling the gophers gritty?
                  Or St. Cloud, for that matter. Even when they are good they hardly play 'tough' defense. Same for CC.
                  I was alluding to the fact that the WCHA teams have to play a little closer to each others style. A "pretty Euro passing game" doesn't quite work when you know you're going to have a NoDak, tUMD, etc. forechecking the hell out of your players.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                  It's time I contribute to this discussion.

Nathan Oystrick was, is and will always be a piece of crap.

/contribution
                  Awwwww! You would have looked good in his jersey.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                    %&*$ Tech hockey! 2 terrible years (even by MTU standards), and I'm still given reasons for optimism. I might as well face it, the PLC is matched only by the EUO (eternal unfounded optimism).

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                      %&*$ Tech hockey! 2 terrible years (even by MTU standards), and I'm still given reasons for optimism. I might as well face it, the PLC is matched only by the EUO (eternal unfounded optimism).
                      This year isn't over with yet. You never know this team may grow some balls and surprise everybody during the second of the season.

I never said I expect it, just that it may happen.
                      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                        I have had enough of the Annoying D0uchebag Fans (ADFs) like you. Give it a rest. The PLC is here because of the negative energy from people like you
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                          This year isn't over with yet. You never know this team may grow some balls and surprise everybody during the second of the season.

I never said I expect it, just that it may happen.
                          And I may surprise everybody and grow some income by winning Powerball. I never expect it, just that it may happen because it's statistically possible. Someone is going to win.....eventually.

Comment

I try every year to convince myself that I am not getting older. Yet this recruiting class is the first where nearly all of the players were BORN after my freshman year at MTU.
                            Where did the time go?
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
                              And I may surprise everybody and grow some income by winning Powerball. I never expect it, just that it may happen because it's statistically possible. Someone is going to win.....eventually.
                              So what you're saying is that you agree with me.
                              Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                              *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                                So what you're saying is that you agree with me.
                                I agree with the observation that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X