Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
    Maybe a healthy swig of Thunderbird should be part of the Tech pre-game ritual?
    If you'd care to turn your tongue black, then have at it.

Leave a comment:

• The_Commissioner
    replied
    Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers, and Tech has spent a lot of time huddled over a trashcan fire and drinking Thunderbird lately.
    This metaphor reminds me of a story my father told me back in my youth. He was a manager for a railroad and received a report from a locomotive engineer about his train striking a tresspasser. The tresspasser, what they used to call a 'bum' and now a homeless person, was sitting on the rail oblivious to the repeated blasts of a loud air horn. The engine hit the bum, albeit at slow speed since the brakes were applied. When the train stopped, the crew fully expected to find the bum badly injured. What they saw was the bum get up, brush himself off, and stagger into the weeds. At the point of impact the crew found a half-empty bottle of Thunderbird lying between the rails.

Maybe a healthy swig of Thunderbird should be part of the Tech pre-game ritual?

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    That is a pretty huge commitment geezer, I was actually contacted to see if I had heard.
    PR/Damage Control.
    It is good timing though.

Now if my other two boys fall into line we'll be on a roll.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

That is a pretty huge commitment geezer, I was actually contacted to see if I had heard.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Perpetual Losing Culture
    ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2y8Sx4B2Sk?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2y8Sx4B2Sk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Leave a comment:

• The_Commissioner
    replied

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    And Suzanne is not is not going anywhere, look at what the football team and women's basketball team has done under her.
    Let's not forget that football and basketball are D2 programs. Hockey is the sole D1 program which makes it Tech's 'marquee' team. Hockey competes nationally whereas everyone else competes regionally. There are also significant budget differences between D1 and D2 programs. The fact that the D2 football and basketball teams are competitive is convincing evidence that Suzanne is a good AD for the D2 level of competition. At the same time, the D1 team remains locked in the basement of mediocrity. That outcome, on her watch, makes her a part of the Perpetual Losing Culture in hockey which is why she needs to find a different stable of programs, advisedly at the D2 level, to manage.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    He's a projected 4th-rounder this spring. I understand that if the NHL had ranked him higher, he would have likely gone to the OHL so it's all good.
    And he'll be MTU's best player in his first game (if his leg isn't fractured by then).
    Gotcha, I remember that he was debating OHL/NCAA last year, as the Spitfires had shown interest.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I see that he's played in most of their games, but does anyone have a clue as to what his ice time is like? I know he's a 17 year-old playing in a 20 year-old's league, but his stats with the U-18 team so far this year tell me that he's a 3rd or 4th liner.

Still, a recruit from that program is always good. Beggars can't be choosers, and Tech has spent a lot of time huddled over a trashcan fire and drinking Thunderbird lately.
    He's a projected 4th-rounder this spring. I understand that if the NHL had ranked him higher, he would have likely gone to the OHL so it's all good.
    And he'll be MTU's best player in his first game (if his leg isn't fractured by then).

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Blake Pietila came through with a public commitment. Jamie Russell for President!
    I see that he's played in most of their games, but does anyone have a clue as to what his ice time is like? I know he's a 17 year-old playing in a 20 year-old's league, but his stats with the U-18 team so far this year tell me that he's a 3rd or 4th liner.

Still, a recruit from that program is always good. Beggars can't be choosers, and Tech has spent a lot of time huddled over a trashcan fire and drinking Thunderbird lately.

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

The Commissioner won't support a coaching change unless the AD and the person she reports to are reassigned also.
    And Suzanne is not is not going anywhere, look at what the football team and women's basketball team has done under her.

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    They are the duo known as "Tech Team". If they can save the world from an evil villian, they should at least be able to save us from a sub-.500 hockey record. (Just some photos of an item I purchased off Ebay. It was too strange to pass up and was created by legendary comic book writer Norm Breyfogle who went on to create Batman for DC Comics.)

*****http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!B9Or5Dg!mk~$(KGrHqQOKoYEz!t)jnMpBM5KtbgW1!~~_12.J PG******
    http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!B9OsWRgBmk~$(KGrHqEOKn!EywoiFsG-BM5KvYCe+!~~_12.JPG
    http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!B9OsdNgCWk~$(KGrHqQOKnUEy0HPFSr!BM5Kv0bYf!~~_12.J PG
    Oh. My. God. Awesome.

Edit: Reading up on this, apparently there are 10,000 copies that were printed but who knows how many are actually still around. I just love seeing old MTU logos around. The administration probably had a book burning and destroyed any copies that they had.

"'Tech Team,' a one issue comic book which I co-plotted, wrote, drew, and lettered for Michigan Technological University when I was 17. Michigan Tech printed 10,000 copies of it and distributed it to high schools around the nation in 1978, as an advertisement to get graduating high school students to consider attending Michigan Tech. The original artwork for that comic book is still on file in the Michigan Tech Archives."
    Last edited by Yager; 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

Blake Pietila came through with a public commitment. Jamie Russell for President!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

bump a rumpa

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

That is too funny!

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

The Commissioner has always asked...
    Max Foul - only the MTU vs tUMD thread may be posted as third person.

But on the sunny side of life, I have found a team that I think can lead the Huskies to the promised land. They are the duo known as "Tech Team". If they can save the world from an evil villian, they should at least be able to save us from a sub-.500 hockey record. (Just some photos of an item I purchased off Ebay. It was too strange to pass up and was created by legendary comic book writer Norm Breyfogle who went on to create Batman for DC Comics.)

http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!B9Or5Dg!mk~$(KGrHqQOKoYEz!t)jnMpBM5KtbgW1!~~_12.J PG
    http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!B9OsWRgBmk~$(KGrHqEOKn!EywoiFsG-BM5KvYCe+!~~_12.JPG
    http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!B9OsdNgCWk~$(KGrHqQOKnUEy0HPFSr!BM5Kv0bYf!~~_12.J PG

Ryan J
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 01-18-2011, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X