Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirtless Guy
    replied
    Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
    %&*$ Tech hockey! 2 terrible years (even by MTU standards), and I'm still given reasons for optimism. I might as well face it, the PLC is matched only by the EUO (eternal unfounded optimism).
    I have had enough of the Annoying D0uchebag Fans (ADFs) like you. Give it a rest. The PLC is here because of the negative energy from people like you

Leave a comment:

• The Darkness
    replied
    Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
    %&*$ Tech hockey! 2 terrible years (even by MTU standards), and I'm still given reasons for optimism. I might as well face it, the PLC is matched only by the EUO (eternal unfounded optimism).
    This year isn't over with yet. You never know this team may grow some balls and surprise everybody during the second of the season.

I never said I expect it, just that it may happen.

Leave a comment:

• oldish husky
    replied

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
    Olson will be their best player if he's back. But a line with Olson, Pietila, and Kero will be fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Are you calling the gophers gritty?
    Or St. Cloud, for that matter. Even when they are good they hardly play 'tough' defense. Same for CC.
    I was alluding to the fact that the WCHA teams have to play a little closer to each others style. A "pretty Euro passing game" doesn't quite work when you know you're going to have a NoDak, tUMD, etc. forechecking the hell out of your players.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
    It's time I contribute to this discussion.

Nathan Oystrick was, is and will always be a piece of crap.

/contribution
    Awwwww! You would have looked good in his jersey.

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

Natalie Portman Insanity - Great way to laugh at Tech hockey; it is like half laugh half cry.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
    Olson will be their best player if he's back. But a line with Olson, Pietila, and Kero will be fun to watch.
    Remember, Baker may be/should be (not up to date on the situation) back after a med. redshirt year.

Leave a comment:

• JOHN SCOTT ROCKS
    replied

The decision by Pietila to come to Tech IMO increases the chances that B.Johnson will come as well; he is being pursued heavily by UofM (among many others) as well.

Leave a comment:

• JOHN SCOTT ROCKS
    replied

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    He's a projected 4th-rounder this spring. I understand that if the NHL had ranked him higher, he would have likely gone to the OHL so it's all good.
    And he'll be MTU's best player in his first game (if his leg isn't fractured by then).

Leave a comment:

• JOHN SCOTT ROCKS
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    That is a pretty huge commitment geezer, I was actually contacted to see if I had heard.
    He's the first U18 team player since Bryan Perez. Now if he could only convince some uncommitted teammates to join him.

Leave a comment:

• MeanEgirl
    replied

It's time I contribute to this discussion.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Recruits could care less about the coach, in some cases; the assistant coaches do a majority of the work. Nathan Oystrick was recruited by Dave Shyiak during Comley's last year at NMU. Walt Kyle called Nathan in the summer and introduced himself as the new head coach. Nathan responded "I never knew who the old coach was."
    Nathan Oystrick was, is and will always be a piece of crap.

/contribution

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I wouldn't panic thinking he's going to be the next CPZ.
    heck, even CPZ wasn't the next CPZ.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Or St. Cloud, for that matter. Even when they are good they hardly play 'tough' defense. Same for CC.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    That's kinda what we were figuring.

Player signs, then has the system totally changed to something he knows he won't thrive in.
    Change like that isn't going to happen overnight unless the upperclassman decide to just quit. If Russell is canned, Pietila has two choices. Fulfill his 1 year commitment per the National Letter of Intent, and then transfer to another institution, or stay the year in juniors to see what direction the team is headed. (I may be wrong on this second part due to age limits in the USHL/NAHL; I haven't done any research into him)

I wouldn't panic thinking he's going to be the next CPZ.

It took two years before the Wildcats changed from Comley's soft euro style to Walts grittier Western Canadian style.

As it is, you play in the WCHA where 12 teams play the same gritty style. Any system/formula change a new coaching staff will implement can't vary far from that. All a new coach could do is go from a dump and chase to a possessional style. Doesn't really change the fundamentals of the team (or why you signed kids)

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Chad Pietila has transfered to MTU and is currently attending classes. He will be eligible to play for MTU January 2012. So next January's team will include 3 Pietilas.
    Plus Hietala, whenever he plays, and Jujhar Khaira the following fall. Poor Dirk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X