Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Russell. Needs. To. Go. Its that time.
    Should be Suzanne's first order of business on Monday, March 14th.

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

I think they were saving their A-games for the matchup with all the junior hockey players. Wonder if THAT would be a competitive game??? Guess we'd have to give the edge to the young kids....

Comment

Sorry to see any program go through a season this rough. Now that the Saints have left town I hope your season turns around.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Should be Suzanne's first order of business on Monday, March 14th.
          You know I just disagree. I don't know exactly why, but I like the coach. I like how much he knows, and how complex his stuff is, and I like how much he cares about the team. He can't play for the players. Certainly he has his faults but we knew what boat we were in a month ago. And sure it's humiliating losing like this, but a loss is a loss. Forget it and move on.
          It's a black art getting up for a game too. Some games you are up for and some not. I don't think the coach has much to do with it really. If there is anything that would solve our losing problems, it would be more talent on defense. We simply turn the puck over too much coming out and we make bad decisions with the puck.More talent there would go a long way.

I respect the hell out of these guys for putting on the uniform and trying every game.

So to be positive, Royer is coming back and that will help and Maybe Pietila will be back soon too. Let's hope they focus on getting better as a team a little bit every day. They won a lot of faceoffs this weekend( despite SLU cheating like crazy) and did some real good things better than previously. they came out better, they made adjustments, they are learning. let's talk about that.

you all act like SLU is terrible. they aren't.They beat UNH a week ago.
          No one has a solution, not Jamie, not Olson, not anybody.So why did they have no jump on essentially three saturdays in a row?. Who the heck knows. Especially not the commissioner. or jsr.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

SLU is not a bad team, but these are two teams going in opposite directions. SLU is a young team who will probably be back near the top of the always-cyclical ECAC in a couple years. Tech is a young team by force, due to an injury bug which no one among the coaching or conditioning staff has been able to squash for three seasons now.

I like Russell too, but the abbreviated post-game presser tonight said it all. He no longer has any answer to our problems other than the usual excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              SLU is not a bad team, but these are two teams going in opposite directions. SLU is a young team who will probably be back near the top of the always-cyclical ECAC in a couple years. Tech is a young team by force, due to an injury bug which no one among the coaching or conditioning staff has been able to squash for three seasons now.

I like Russell too, but the abbreviated post-game presser tonight said it all. He no longer has any answer to our problems other than the usual excuses.
              He never had any nor does any coach. Listen to Jim Leyland sometime. He says nothing, with lots of words. Behind the scenes he knows who is to blame and what the problems are. He is not going to say, "stebner turned the puck over 6 times which led to 3 goals, or sova left the weak side unprotected on the power play even after being told to cover it."
              Jamie's doing it right now for a change imho. Personally, we simply don't move the puck quick enough and we are too prone to have the puck go to the other point along the line, so it is intercepted for breakaways and 2 on 1's. I agree with hatchman, next year will be a lot better, but for now it won't be good. BTW, one of the connelly boys and falkner both excommunicated for major penalties tonight.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/MichiganTechHuskies
                Read the first post.
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Wings win tonight despite being without Datsyuk, Cleary, Stuart, Holmstrom, Modano, Howard, Osgood and remain 2nd in the West. That's what DEPTH does for you. Why the lack of DEPTH; anyone? Why with THREE upperclassmen forwards gone were there virtually none left; anyone? Why when Cousens (the only upperclassmen defenseman) leaves after this year, Tech will be with 1-2 legitimate upperclassmen defensemen for next year; anyone?

Despite all this, I honestly feel sorry for Russell at this point. But the bottom line is Division 1 coaching is bigger risk, bigger reward, and your ultimately judged on one thing, which is winning. The answer to the questions above is recruiting. I don't understand, if your assistant(s) are responsible for recruiting, and they're not doing the job, why not make a change? The phrase loyal to the death comes to mind.
                  Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 01-15-2011, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                    Wings win tonight despite being without Datsyuk, Cleary, Stuart, Holmstrom, Modano, Howard, Osgood and remain 2nd in the West. That's what DEPTH does for you. Why the lack of DEPTH; anyone? Why with THREE upperclassmen forwards gone were there virtually none left; anyone? Why when Cousens (the only upperclassmen defenseman) leaves after this year, Tech will be with 1-2 legitimate upperclassmen defensemen for next year; anyone?

Despite all this, I honestly feel sorry for Russell at this point. But the bottom line is Division 1 coaching is bigger risk, bigger reward, and your ultimately judged on one thing, which is winning. The answer to the questions above is recruiting. I don't understand, if your assistant(s) are responsible for recruiting, and they're not doing the job, why not make a change?
                    No one will argue with you that Jamie just hasn't been able to even out the classes due to many reasons. Definately the small senior class this year has come back to bite us.

Also, count me in as a fan of Jamie, but it's just time for a change. Time for a new mindset, time to try something different.

Have people gotten a response for emails to Suzanne? I didn't expect much back, but still surprised she completely ignored me.

Comment

Injuries, Depth, Recruiting, there are no excuses for this team, there have been NO excuses for this team! In what world is a winning % less than 25 good enough to get your job back. I understand Houghton isn’t an ideal place for kids to want to go to school and that Tech isn’t the first place players look when picking a place to play but this is D1 hockey and Tech is a joke to everyone. Russell has had 2 full classes in and gone now and the team has not showed any signs of improving. Time to make a change and it needs to be soon! Im not just saying it cause I have something against Russell but he has had 8 years, time to move on.

Comment

We'll give you Hill without any compensation. Heck, you could maybe convince the MN fanbase to pay his salary for you.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So here is my question. Since connelly and faulkner both got game misconducts, what is the rule about when you miss the next game which would be against us on friday and when not. I read the book and it wasn't clear to me whether they were going to miss anything but the game they were playing in.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            So here is my question. Since connelly and faulkner both got game misconducts, what is the rule about when you miss the next game which would be against us on friday and when not. I read the book and it wasn't clear to me whether they were going to miss anything but the game they were playing in.
                            They would have to get a Game Disqualification to miss a game.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              ok. now I feel guilty for throwing such a hissy fit last night.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                We'll give you Hill without any compensation. Heck, you could maybe convince the MN fanbase to pay his salary for you.
                                I think Anchorage would like him back.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X