Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Second

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

it slid off our backs but clutched our balls on the way down. Still hasn't let go.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Severe Ronaldstorm Warning: the Michigan Tech 2010-11 Season Thread, Part the Sec

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      it slid off our backs but clutched our balls on the way down. Still hasn't let go.
      that explains Dirk.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        that explains Dirk.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by mtuhattrick84 View Post
          we have helped goalies (lawson, frazee) melt on the road after making a bad play.
          ftfy.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

It sure was nice seeing fight in our team after getting down 2 goals and not just closing up shop like they have for the past few series.... And a random thought, It sure would be nice seeing a healthy team playing at full strength... I think 3/4 of the students at tech haven't seen full, healthy team play yet, what has it been 3 years running now?? It is frustrating getting one guy back and losing another....

And more rambling thoughts, I can't believe I am saying this already but next year is shaping up(barring anyone leaving for the bright lights) to have 2 solid scoring lines and a borderline 3rd, along with any incoming freshman that may or may not become solid scorers. (I wouldn't rely on freshman to be your main source of scoring or you'll have a record like ours). No matter who is coaching "next year" I believe this team will be much better, unless injuries take out our top line again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
              It sure was nice seeing fight in our team after getting down 2 goals and not just closing up shop like they have for the past few series.... And a random thought, It sure would be nice seeing a healthy team playing at full strength... I think 3/4 of the students at tech haven't seen full, healthy team play yet, what has it been 3 years running now?? It is frustrating getting one guy back and losing another....

And more rambling thoughts, I can't believe I am saying this already but next year is shaping up(barring anyone leaving for the bright lights) to have 2 solid scoring lines and a borderline 3rd, along with any incoming freshman that may or may not become solid scorers. (I wouldn't rely on freshman to be your main source of scoring or you'll have a record like ours). No matter who is coaching "next year" I believe this team will be much better, unless injuries take out our top line again.
              I agree. I liked last night that they forechecked hard and were able to get to the puck before the SLU man had time to get rid of it. We won a lot of faceoffs and thus controlled play in their end.( at least one of our goals came on a turnover at their blueline) We came out of the zone a lot better which led to a more even game and so we were not spending most of the game in our half of the rink. We also took advantage of our chances offensively and got more good opportunities than we have had in a long time.
              Still we left a lot of guys open in front for good quality shots,( we were good covering the puck carrier but the other players coming in late often had lax coverage), we let them have too easy access to the zone on their rushes, and we didn't play the body very well. I thought our positional play was better than recently, which helped though we still had a lot of turnovers and passes to them.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Interview with Russell tellingly short.

Comment

Better than making excuses.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Yep, absolutely nothing positive to take away from that sorry excuse for a hockey game.

Comment

Okay, I've been critical of the idea of employing a 'gimmick' to shake the Huskies out of their prolonged Agony of Defeat. But since there can be nothing else to lose this season, including self-respect, I'll exercise my right to change my mind and propose the following:

Prior to next Friday's game vs. UMD, Coach Russell will arrange for all the skates of the players dressing for the game to disappear that afternoon. Gaining cooperation from the drones working deep inside the bowels of the Wadsworth Hall cafeteria, Russell will order all those skates filled with Strawberry Jello and placed into the cooler. After the Jello has solidified, he'll have the skates delivered to the Huskies' locker room.

Imagine the reaction of the players when they see their skates filled with Jello! They'll be like ***???????? Now, Russell has to tip off the Captain ahead of time and encourage him be aggressive about cleaning out his skates. What results is the locker room air becoming thick with flying Jello. Everyone will have Jello in their helmets, on their faces, uniforms, etc. When they come out on to the ice, UMD will be like ***????????? Imagine their reaction?

Teams respect their opponents and fear the crazy ones. Time to get crazy!!!

Comment

Biddco's team song is "I Just Had Sex."

There's really only one choice for ours.

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

NOW we are at rock bottom. Rough night for sure.

A note to the guy behind me at the game. Sarcastically cheering for the other team won't help. Yelling at the players won't help (if the issue is not listening to the coach -and I'm not saying it is, I don't know - then they certainly aren't going to care what they guy in section X, row 55, seat 123 thinks). If you don't want to support the team, why spend your 9 bucks????

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
                            Imagine the reaction of the players when they see their skates filled with Jello! They'll be like ***???????? Now, Russell has to tip off the Captain ahead of time and encourage him be aggressive about cleaning out his skates. What results is the locker room air becoming thick with flying Jello. Everyone will have Jello in their helmets, on their faces, uniforms, etc. When they come out on to the ice, UMD will be like ***????????? Imagine their reaction?

Teams respect their opponents and fear the crazy ones. Time to get crazy!!!
                            Sounds like someone has a Jello fetish more than anything.

Comment

Russell. Needs. To. Go. Its that time.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Russell. Needs. To. Go. Its that time.
                                First hire they should make after he leaves is hire a strength and conditioning coach solely for the hockey program.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X