This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

US looked flat and played sloopy for most of the game. OT goal was a gift--only mistake the Fin goalie made all night. Team still hasn't gelled.
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Just listened to Gwoz's press conference and Bacher asked a question about DU missing Shore, Zucker and possibly Bennett this upcoming weekend. While Gwoz didn't say Bennett will be out, Bacher's questions seemed to infer that he probably won't be playing. Gwoz mentioned that they haven't finalized any lines for this coming weekend and said Dewhurst will be asked to expand his role and that everyone on the team will get a chance to contribute this weekend.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Hard to tell about Beau's status. Nothing else out there right now. I can see how they'd want to give him more time off to get completely better. NMU is going to come in here hungrey for PWR. I hope the boys are mentally ready. Gwoz also spoke about the WJ's. Said he expects US to play with more passion and intensity tonight. TC hammered CHZ this afternoon.
        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Andrej Stastny playing for Slovakia against the U.S. tonight doesn't appear to be related to Paul after a few minutes of google searching.

Comment

Between a lack of clarity on Bennett's knee from the DU camp, and Zucker getting a cheap shot to the head at the Junior Tourney, DU's season may be in trouble depending on the severity of these injuries. We need some medical clarity soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
              Between a lack of clarity on Bennett's knee from the DU camp, and Zucker getting a cheap shot to the head at the Junior Tourney, DU's season may be in trouble depending on the severity of these injuries. We need some medical clarity soon.
              That was a really dirty hit on Zucker and he looked pretty groggy after finally getting up after being down on the ice for a long time. Really hope he is going to be ok.

The good part of the game - Shore's goal was awesome!

Comment

Here's the video. No news as of this morning. Based on how he was knocked out, I'd say there's a pretty good chance this is not going to turn out well. Praying for Jason and his family. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZot0xgqNA
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                  Here's the video. No news as of this morning. Based on how he was knocked out, I'd say there's a pretty good chance this is not going to turn out well. Praying for Jason and his family. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZot0xgqNA
                  What's with that announcer?? Was something funny about that hit??? And what is it with these injuries these past few years? I'm starting to feel like a worried parent rather than a fan!!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

I didn't see the hit, but will check out the link below.

I said a couple months ago that my biggest worry about this season, was Zucker getting hurt (with his hustling style of play, etc.) I hope my fear isn't coming true, because Zucker (like Bozak) is a guy whose absence could dramatically affect our chances this year.

I have also concluded that our speculations about how serious injuries are, generally don't amount to a hill of beans. So I guess we'll just have to hope for the best and wait for the news.

EDIT: OK, I just saw the play. Let me just say that that guy is an ***--you hate to see dirty hits like that in international competition.
                    Last edited by Pablo; 12-29-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Still no official word on Zucker's status.

Marincin, the Slovak player who elbowed Zucker. has been suspended for 3 addtional games on top of the 1 game atumotatic suspension for a match penalty, so those 4 total games suspension effectively ends Marincin's tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post

@#$%^&*(!!!! Where's Reggie Fleming or Dave Schultz when you really need them? Splatter that punk's face on the glass and leave him for dead. Sure hope JZ can shake this one off, the Pioneers can't compete consistently for league and post season honors if he's not available or at reduced output.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                          Still no official word on Zucker's status.

Marincin, the Slovak player who elbowed Zucker. has been suspended for 3 addtional games on top of the 1 game atumotatic suspension for a match penalty, so those 4 total games suspension effectively ends Marincin's tournament.
                          Marincin is an Oiler draft choice, hopefully Zucker get's a chance to get his pound of flesh in the NHL/AHL. Hockey players have long memories.

Comment

Chambers confirms in his blog that Bennett will not play this weekend for precautionary reasons.
                            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
                              Marincin is an Oiler draft choice, hopefully Zucker get's a chance to get his pound of flesh in the NHL/AHL. Hockey players have long memories.
                              Measuring today, Marincin is 6-4 and around 200 lbs. Zucker is 5-10 and about 175 lbs. Zucker will need to be pretty crafty....

Comment

You want the players to go to this tourney and become better, more seasoned players -- and definitely not come back with a possibly serious injury. What is it about DU players practically getting their heads taken off this year? You can go years without someone taking shots like the ones Jesse and Zucker had. Two in only about 2 1/2 months? Pretty **** lame...

Comment

Working...
                                X