X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXIX

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
    Anyone making the trek down to Cleveland Steamer World Arena Friday? KScant, Warren and I have decided to go down and have a fiesta suite booked right next to outback. Contact me if you want to stop by prior to the game or let me know if there are plans to go over to the outback.
    Todd my main man! Was beginning to wonder if you lost interest in hockey. It's going to be a party all weekend!!
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Bumperamadama!!
      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
        Todd my main man! Was beginning to wonder if you lost interest in hockey. It's going to be a party all weekend!!
        Yessir, it is. You need to send me a message with your cell phone so we can meet up before the game in the Springs. You also need to show up at Teddy T's before the game up here on Saturday. See DG's blog for details.

And no throwing up in a sombrero on Sabado, amigo!
        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
        sigpic
        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

For those that may not know, Denver University is 7-14-4 all time against Colorado College while playing in Magness Arena, better known as World Arena North (WAN)!
          World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

For those that may not know, Denver University is 7-14-4 all time against Colorado College while playing in Magness Arena, better known as World Arena North (WAN)!
            There is no such school as Denver University.

Comment

Who the hell is playing in net this weekend? Why so hush-hush? Any update on the Swami Meter? Last I heard it was predicting a split. I was hoping it would turn pessimistic (a sure sign of a spanking of the targeted foe). Truth be told, I think the split is the most likely scenario followed by a DU win Friday and a tie Saturday. I'm hoping our old pal 57 (Bob Keltie) will be working the lines. He worked the Sioux series last weekend so he might be sentenced to a weekend in the frozen tundra somewhere. I love it when he's flashing the trophy number on the ice especially in the Springs.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                There is no such school as Denver University.
                Now you've done it. Next think you know, he'll be leaking oil.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Before I get cranking here I want to say CC played a solid hockey game with discipline. They did a good job on the kill and shutting down the shooting lanes. They beat DU to the puck in a major way in the first period. They also used the big ice to their advantage must of the night. Howe was sharp and when he was tested (mostly the third) he performed very well. They were the hungrier of the two teams and got the W they deserved.

DU looked rusty coming off the bye (especially in the first). In the second the team came out with a lot more spring in their step--hitting, and beating CC to pucks. They made one major error on coverage at the end of the second. They also made some pretty bad D plays. George shuffled the third and fourth lines in the third and those changes were not effective. Both Jackson and Dewhurst took two bad undisciplined penalties. In a series against your arch rival you know that people are going to be in your face stirring things up (and CC was doing it all night). We had some could chances--and when the puck did get close to the net we either missed them or Howe came up big (personally I thought he deserved the first star).

Good turnout at the cement toilet for the DU faithful. It was cool to have Jessie and his family sitting in the DU section. He looks great. Let's hope the boys can bounce back tomorrow. This was only our second loss since we fell to CC in early November. Adversity is what helps to shape a champion.

DU falls to fourth in the PWR and CC moves up to 16th. Tomorrow is a huge game for CC as far as PWR goes. So much of this game is mental. It's going to be fascinating to see what happens tomorrow.

Refs had a rough night--didn't impact the outcome of the game but they really struggled, missed a lot of calls on both sides. At several points it was clear they didn't have control of the game. I could give you lots of examples--here's one from the last call of the game. Schwartz nails a DU player (not sure if it was Drew or not) with 4. something seconds left right in front of the CC bench--D. Shore goes ape**** (rightfully so it was a super cheap hit--he was lucky he didn't get tossed) down in the DU O zone on the Schwartz and after the crew calls the penalties (not the original hit--and this happened several times during the game) they screw up and make the face off in the DU offensive zone. How do you call coincidental elbowing? Sloppy crap like that--the WCHA deserves a much higher degree of professionalism then we get from the officials. I know that's nothing new--but you can just see it so plainly in a great game like tonight.
                  Last edited by MagnessMan; 02-05-2011, 02:16 AM.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    Before I get cranking here I want to say CC played a solid hockey game with discipline. They did a good job on the kill and shutting down the shooting lanes. They beat DU to the puck in a major way in the first period. They also used the big ice to their advantage must of the night. Howe was sharp and when he was tested (mostly the third) he performed very well. They were the hungrier of the two teams and got the W they deserved.

DU looked rusty coming off the bye (especially in the first). In the second the team came out with a lot more spring in their step--hitting, and beating CC to pucks. They made one major error on coverage at the end of the second. They also made some pretty bad D plays. George shuffled the third and fourth lines in the third and those changes were not effective. Both Jackson and Dewhurst took two bad undisciplined penalties. In a series against your arch rival you know that people are going to be in your face stirring things up (and CC was doing it all night). We had some could chances--and when the puck did get close to the net we either missed them or Howe came up big (personally I thought he deserved the first star).

Good turnout at the cement toilet for the DU faithful. It was cool to have Jessie and his family sitting in the DU section. He looks great. Let's hope the boys can bounce back tomorrow. This was only our second loss since we fell to CC in early November. Adversity is what helps to shape a champion.

DU falls to fourth in the PWR and CC moves up to 16th. Tomorrow is a huge game for CC as far as PWR goes. So much of this game is mental. It's going to be fascinating to see what happens tomorrow.

Refs had a rough night--didn't impact the outcome of the game but they really struggled, missed a lot of calls on both sides. At several points it was clear they didn't have control of the game. I could give you lots of examples--here's one from the last call of the game. A CC player nails a DU player with 4. something seconds left right in front of the CC bench--D. Shore goes ape**** (rightfully so it was a super cheap hit) down in the DU O zone on the CC player and after the crew calls the penalties (not the original hit--and this happened several times during the game) they screw up and make the face off in the DU offense zone. Sloppy crap like that--the WCHA deserves a much higher degree of professionalism then we get from the officials. I know that's nothing new--but you can just see it so plainly in a great game like tonight.
                    Whatever dude!

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little xxxxx and I need you now!

See you Saturday at Magness Arena where the University of Denver Pioneers are 7-14-4 all time at World Arena North!!

Go Tigers!!

Comment

Keep up the good work Tigers!
                      Sincerely,
                      UND fans

Comment

Whatever dude!

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little xxxxx and I need you now!

See you Saturday at Magness Arena where the University of Denver Pioneers are 7-14-4 all time at World Arena North!!

Go Tigers!!
                        Is that all you got? Wait, let me answer my own question: YES.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Well that sucked!! I thought CC looked very good, DU a bit on their heals in the first period and Howe was great. It looked like a very evenly played game, I didn't hear the SOG stat, it must have been pretty close. Meanwhile , what happened to our score update thread and for that matter the website?? Good thing it was on TV. I expect DU to win tonight and I don't know about you guys, but I have more confidence in Brittain. Should be a great game, I wish I could be there!!
                          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                          Tom Serratore

Comment

Sorry you can't be there Dmann. This series is fun. I actually like having it now instead of in March. I have full confidence in Sam. I think it's time for Gwoz to cut the crap with the rotation game. Murray is not going to be able to take this team where it has the potential to go. Especially when we have a D group that turns the puck over--got to have a wall in the net. Murrary's a decent goalie just not star caliber. A buddy of mine says he's playing him so he doesn't jump ship--which may be a valid point. Still, is the goal to win the whole enchilada or not?
                            Go Pioneers!

Comment

I think bye weeks hurt you more than they help you. DU looked predictably rusty last night early, and CC pounced on that in the first period. I am willing to give DU a mulligan for the first period. After the first, DU got their legs going, but it just wasn't enough to get past the Tigers on their home ice. Both teams skated well and created chances. The turning point was the Krushelnyski breakaway - DU had been playing well and pressuring CC, but a blown outlet coverage by DU and a perfect picked-corner shot by Krushelnyski made the hill a bit too high for DU.

I hope to see a three-period strong performance tonight by the Pioneers on home ice. This is a trophy game tonight, and it will be interesting to see how the Pioneers respond to the challenge and defend home ice. Tonight is a big character test for the Pioneers, and it should tell us a lot about who they are..Expect to see a more tightly played, physical game on the NHL sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                Is that all you got? Wait, let me answer my own question: YES.
                                Yep--pretty typical banter, intoxicated or straight. I ran into some of it down there too. It will be nice to be home tonight--there we can contain them to the rafters in section 2,999. Maybe we should start a frickin thread for them so the two of them can have their senseless chat in private. What shall we call it? How about: The difference between a slump and a tradition: 54 years of hockey mediocrity. Did you see all the participation banners they have hanging at the WA?
                                Last edited by MagnessMan; 02-05-2011, 11:33 AM.
                                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Working...
                                X