Denver hosts Bemidji State, Nov. 19th & 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver hosts Bemidji State, Nov. 19th & 20th

Ill never forget that game in 2005. A bad bounce off a skate and into the net for the DU win. And to top it off, once the game went into OT, the cable company switched to the start of the Gophers game. Had to flip on thee old trusty radio to find the outcome. Fox Sports Net got a piece of my mind that next day. Tough loss for the Beavs. My prediction is an OT loss on Fri and a Beaver win on Sat.

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    These two teams have not played each other much, only 5 times. DU has won all 5 games including a thrilling OT game in the NCAAs in 2005.

DU 12 BSU 0 on 12/16/67

DU 7 BSU 1 on 2/27/00

DU 6 BSU 2 on 1/18/02

DU 4 BSU 3 OT on 3/26/05 (NCAA Regional)

DU 4 BSU 2 on 1/19/08
    "the legs feed the wolf boys, the legs feed the wolf"

Comment

Yep, I was there in 2005 (with Moose, Scotty, thebrain, Mr. Bob)..... And to make it more depressing, watching the New Hampshire/Harvard game, it looked like BSU could have skated around those two teams. Oh well........
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I think DU took BSU way too lightly in 2005, and DU's Glenn Fisher had a terrible start that game in the nets. Thank God for Kevin Ulanski...

UNH gave us all we wanted in the regional final. In fact, the Regional that year was far tougher for DU that year than the Frozen Four was. We smoked CC 6-2 and beat UND 4-1 for the title, but both regional games were one-goal nailbiters.

Comment

Here are the line combinations for the Pioneers:

Forwards

Jason Zucker - Drew Shore - Luke Salazar

Anthony Maiani - Nick Shore - Beau Bennett

Chris Knowlton - Kyle Ostrow - Shawn Ostrow

Jarrod Mermis - Nate Dewhurst - Dustin Jackson

Defensemen

Matt Donovan - Chris Nutini

John Ryder - David Makowski

Paul Phillips - William Wrenn

Goaltenders

Sam Brittain
          Adam Murray
          Josh Rosenholtz

Comment

Pios were somewhat out of synch due to finals week (as they are every year at this time to disruptions of routines, sleep deprivation and short practices) but they were able to get the job done 3-1 against a very hard-working BSU team. Brittain's first period save on Matt Read really was a tone setter. DU outshot the Beavers by a 2-1 margin, but BSU had a very effective cycling game down low that made the Pioneers really work for it. BSU also got terrific goaltending from Dugas, but DU has a deeper well of skill, that tonight, was just enough to get the win. The Pioneers were pretty effective on holding BSU's big scoring line in check. Brittain wasn't tested a ton, but BSU has a number of good chances, but Sam continues to play very effectively in goal. I don;t think I've ever seen an 18 year goalie be this poised for DU,

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarNut View Post
              Ill never forget that game in 2005. A bad bounce off a skate and into the net for the DU win. And to top it off, once the game went into OT, the cable company switched to the start of the Gophers game. Had to flip on thee old trusty radio to find the outcome.
              And people say radio is dying!

Comment

Matt Donovan's post-game comments

******* width="640" height="390">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVpTHYl_oTc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVpTHYl_oTc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">

Gwoz's Post-game

DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Not a pretty game last night, but a win is a win!

Anybody else wondering why Dewhurst is playing center instead of Olszewski?
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Is Great Brittain in net again tonight?
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Not a pretty game last night, but a win is a win!

Anybody else wondering why Dewhurst is playing center instead of Olszewski?
                      The Gwoz must have had his ear to the ground--Olszewski in the lineup tonight on the 4th line with Dewhurst and Jackson. But not at center on the wing. Brings more size than Mermis.

DU's website shows that as the only change.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X