Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Top 10 for Monday

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    Poles dont matter, ask Ralph out there in North Dakota. He didnt seem to care for them.

But how can you have BU #1. They tied Merrimack twice this week.
    and defeating michigan tech twice on third period goals is anything to hoot and holler about? don't sleep on the mack, they're not the same hockey east doormat of old. They have a legit shot at making the Garden this year. lots of talent in goal, #1 PK in the country, and a stud forward.
    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      and defeating michigan tech twice on third period goals is anything to hoot and holler about? don't sleep on the mack, they're not the same hockey east doormat of old. They have a legit shot at making the Garden this year. lots of talent in goal, #1 PK in the country, and a stud forward.
      Still the perception is that Merrimack is terrible and that BU underperformed. UMD will be voted based on that. If Mack was winning consistently toward the end of the year this story might be different.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I know I'm wicked, crazy, super, mega biased, but I'm telling you right now, BU is going to have a precipitous drop come the meat of the season.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I know I'm wicked, crazy, super, mega biased, but I'm telling you right now, BU is going to have a precipitous drop come the meat of the season.
          based on....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            They're not going undefeated all year, that's for sure. But I'm not seeing a precipitous drop. There's real talent at forward, D, and in goal. Maybe not a top 10 team in the nation though like the poles would suggest, but it hasn't been proven one way or another yet. BU rarely gets off to a fast start. They usually have a strong second half even in many down years.

At the same time, BC will still win Hockey East and probably make the Frozen Four. Because even in fall 07 and 09 they didn't look like worldbeaters but turned it on to win it all in the spring. And that's me being biased.
            Boston University 2009 Champs
            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I think that the Top 10 will look like this:

1. BU
              2. Minnesota-Duluth
              3. Maine
              4. Nebraska-Omaha
              5. Yale
              6. Miami
              7. North Dakota
              8. Michigan
              9. UNH
              10. BC

Comment

I agree BU got the #1 ranking kind of by default because they hadn't lost and everyone else did, and despite wins over Wisconsin (should be a tie) and ND, played some easy games early on. But there is proven talent in goal, solid returning D, and lots of young talent. They're a very young team and are going to go through some growing pains of a young team and make some rookie mistakes. However, they've already had multiple games against top competition and have performed well. There doesn't seem to be much evidence of this major collapse Captain Corn Flakes is predicting. Are they really the #1 team in the nation? There's certainly plenty of teams who have an argument for it right now, so who knows, it's irrelevant.

Comment

Air Force has to be somewhere in the top 10. They beat Yale!!!
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

INCH

Comment

Working...
                    X