Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lil timmay countdown!! Fire him now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The lil timmay countdown!! Fire him now!!

Oh, sorry, I thought this thread was about Providence College.

Comment

Nothing like getting spanked by a team that was pick 27th and has no scholership players!

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
        Oh, sorry, I thought this thread was about Providence College.
        What are you complaining about aren't you guys 1-0? The way this team looks they might not even win a game if they do it will be a lot later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
          Nothing like getting spanked by a team that was pick 27th and has no scholarship players!
          Can somebody please run the W/L/T record again pre Standbrook and post Standbrook?

It is pretty tough to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. So if Maine is getting poopy recruits, you have to expect poopy results.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Can somebody please run the W/L/T record again pre Standbrook and post Standbrook?

It is pretty tough to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. So if Maine is getting poopy recruits, you have to expect poopy results.
            I see your point, but Standbrook's departure shouldn't have such an immediate impact. If everything is a function of the roster on the talent, and if the team started to tank the year after he left, isn't that an indictment of his recruiting? Can't have it both ways.

As I see it, Grant's departure doesn't help, but that doesn't mean his replacement shouldn't be able to meet certain minimal standards. And it doesn't mean that there isn't a lot else going wrong with the program.
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Some of these poopy recruits are Standbrook's including Wilson who can't stop a beach ball. I think Standbrook is missed more when it comes to the X's and O's of the game in practice and between periods. Although even at the end Standbrook was getting top notch recruits to visit, but Whitehead couldn't close the deal therefore Maine ended up with plan C or D. It all points to Whitehead the sooner he's gone then maybe Maine can start getting better recruits although personally I think the damage has been done and Maine has very little chance of becoming a top program again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                Some of these poopy recruits are Standbrook's including Wilson who can't stop a beach ball. I think Standbrook is missed more when it comes to the X's and O's of the game in practice and between periods. Although even at the end Standbrook was getting top notch recruits to visit, but Whitehead couldn't close the deal therefore Maine ended up with plan C or D. It all points to Whitehead the sooner he's gone then maybe Maine can start getting better recruits although personally I think the damage has been done and Maine has very little chance of becoming a top program again.
                Correct on all of the above. Although I hope it is never too late to turn it around.

Comment

Question how do you spell clueless loser? w-h-i-t-e-h-e-a-d!!!!! Fire him now!!

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=64952&page=13
                    Post #247....you add the pathetic record since that post last January...not pretty

Comment

Do we really need a new thread every time Maine gets swept by some crappy team? Keep it in the fire Timmy thread that dates back to 2006 and isn't locked yet.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Do we really need a new thread every time Maine gets swept by some crappy team? Keep it in the fire Timmy thread that dates back to 2006 and isn't locked yet.
                        I'm not sure we can have too many Fire Timmay threads. Somehow the message has to get out there, not that we'll make any kind of a difference.

The sad thing is that whenever any sort of progress is shown, Timmay will point to it as proof that the program is heading in the right direction....same chit we've heard for 3 plus years now. When in fact, the program is being flushed down the toilet and NOTHING is being done to turn it around. Second sad thing is that the first opportunity to begin righting the ship is still 2 years away, and thats only if the admin has the ballz to make the necessary changes. Time to get the word out to anyone with ties or a history of contributions to the school to cease doing it until changes are made.
                        Last edited by acs64; 10-11-2009, 12:02 PM.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          I'm not sure we can have too many Fire Timmay threads. Somehow the message has to get out there, not that we'll make any kind of a difference.

The sad thing is that whenever any sort of progress is shown, Timmay will point to it as proof that the program is heading in the right direction....same chit we've heard for 3 plus years now. When in fact, the program is being flushed down the toilet and NOTHING is being done to turn it around. Second sad thing is that the first opportunity to begin righting the ship is still 2 years away, and thats only if the admin has the ballz to make the necessary changes. Time to get the word out to anyone with ties or a history of contributions to the school to cease doing it until changes are made.
                          You are right...STOP the flow of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$,and Whitehead will GO..........................

Comment

I think we should start a third Fire Timmay thread, in which we name 1,000 inanimate objects that would be better leaders of the Maine hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Yah, some of us think he's done a great job too, so one thread is surely enough for those who still care!
                              The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
                                You are right...STOP the flow of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$,and Whitehead will GO..........................
                                done it

i had hoped more of you all wold have done it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X