Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Holiday Hockey Tournament 11/26-27 (UAH, BGSU, UConn, RPI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Holiday Hockey Tournament 11/26-27 (UAH, BGSU, UConn, RPI)

Originally posted by Beman View Post
    I really don't care who moved it. The purpose was to get quality teams. OK UAH I understand. UConn they are a real power they lost 2 to RIT, lost to national power Bentley and needed 2 goals in the third to beat AIC.

BG, I don't care what league they are in they are still 5 & 9 scoring about 2 goals a game. They lost to Clarkson 4 zip and Clarkson has lost to Dartmouth and Cornell by a combine 11 goals. Yeah BG must be a real power.

I don't blame Seth, but face it he wants to get the engineers a Holiday Tourney.

There ain't no "Mel" Wakabayashi in this tournament.

BTW Go Flying Horses!!
    *****http://i256.***********.com/albums/hh165/reddcloudd/stop-whining.jpg******
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      *****http://i256.***********.com/albums/hh165/reddcloudd/stop-whining.jpg******
      Wow, Red Cloud and Beman back at it again. Who says we don't have anything to be thankful for.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Wow, Red Cloud and Beman back at it again. Who says we don't have anything to be thankful for.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
          I really don't care who moved it. The purpose was to get quality teams. OK UAH I understand. UConn they are a real power they lost 2 to RIT, lost to national power Bentley and needed 2 goals in the third to beat AIC.

BG, I don't care what league they are in they are still 5 & 9 scoring about 2 goals a game. They lost to Clarkson 4 zip and Clarkson has lost to Dartmouth and Cornell by a combine 11 goals. Yeah BG must be a real power.

I don't blame Seth, but face it he wants to get the engineers a Holiday Tourney.

There ain't no "Mel" Wakabayashi in this tournament.

BTW Go Flying Horses!!
          Like I said on the first page of this thread. I hope we dont see the UConn that tied Union and Maine. Sure they have dropped off a bit since then, but RPI has a history of playing down to the level of its opponents and if UConn is allowed to stick around they might cause fits and send RPI to the 3rd place game. BG is still a CCHA school, I dont care what the record is. They play higher level opponents night in and night out in the CCHA so they can play. Sure this isnt UND, Miami (OH) and BC coming in, and it never will be unless some serious cash gets thrown at them to come but it is still a chance for the teams to get some games in during a break in the season. E-mail Coach Appert and give him a list of schools you would like to see come in next year and the years after. Im sure he would love to hear from the fans who they would like to see.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Unusual things happen in the RPI Holiday Tournament-over the years Jenny and I were at every one from 1975-2002. Sometimes what appears to be a weak team just gets up for the games and as has been said, too often we play down to the competition. In spite of the comments about the weakness of this year's teams-SA will not be taking anything for granted. The boys need these games to build some more confidence for a relatively young team. The fans need this to build some spirit in the HFH. And I need this because I am just fed up with losing our own tournament for so many years. I certainly do not want to lose any game-but now i not only want to win, I want to win some games comfortable so that late in the third period the officials cannot affect the outcome.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              And I need this because I am just fed up with losing our own tournament for so many years. I certainly do not want to lose any game-but now i not only want to win, I want to win some games comfortable so that late in the third period the officials cannot affect the outcome.
              Well said. It is disheartening to lose this tournament year after year.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Record article by Ed Weaver http://troyrecord.com/articles/2010/...mode=fullstory.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  "Since last winning its own tourney in 2002, RPI has a 3-11-2 record in the event." Just shocking-and time to turn this statistic around real fast.

Comment

the game tonight is 730 or 7 pm? Weaver and Uscho say 7:30. Schott and RPI website say 7pm
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

hmmmm curious......so if RPI wins tournament how do you feel knowing you invited teams you could possibly beat with a combined 8 wins, 5 of those coming from one team, just so you give yourself a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                        hmmmm curious......so if RPI wins tournament how do you feel knowing you invited teams you could possibly beat with a combined 8 wins, 5 of those coming from one team, just so you give yourself a chance to win.
                        I would feel about the same as when we just beat Union in OT. A win over anyone feels good-but winning both games for the first time since 2002 would certainly feel nice. (didn't Union have a little problem with UConn earlier this year?)

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          the game tonight is 730 or 7 pm? Weaver and Uscho say 7:30. Schott and RPI website say 7pm
                          I think it depends on how long the first game runs-if it plays out slowly due to lots of penalties or goes into OT. They need about 45 minutes between the games. I would suspect strongly that we will not start at 7PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unionbob View Post
                            I dunno. How does it feel to have inflated your record and offensive numbers by lining up a tomato can at home twice in a row to start the season?

Let's play this stupid game.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Brain Sullivan picks RPI to win both game http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/2010/...-picks-week-9/. Interesting that he doesn't mention the possibility of an RPI-UAH match.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-26-2010, 11:39 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

when the schedule is made...... no one knows how bad or good these teams will be......... huntsville was in ncaa tourney a few years ago.....
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X