Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Holiday Hockey Tournament 11/26-27 (UAH, BGSU, UConn, RPI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Holiday Hockey Tournament 11/26-27 (UAH, BGSU, UConn, RPI)

Originally posted by AspyDad
    Can Appert be in the building for UCONN game?
    It's not too difficult to enforce a ban that prohibits Appert from being behind the bench, but I would think it'd be pretty tough to enforce a ban prohibiting him from being in the building.

Unless the referees plan to go through the stands to check out the guy sitting three rows behind the press table with the hat, glasses, and suspicious-looking beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      It's not too difficult to enforce a ban that prohibits Appert from being behind the bench, but I would think it'd be pretty tough to enforce a ban prohibiting him from being in the building.

Unless the referees plan to go through the stands to check out the guy sitting three rows behind the press table with the hat, glasses, and suspicious-looking beard.
      I knew that usher during Game 2 of the Cornell series in '09 looked an awful lot like Schafer...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I knew that usher during Game 2 of the Cornell series in '09 looked an awful lot like Schafer...
        I thought I saw 2 guys sitting close to gether that looked like Big Mike
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Suspicious because the beard will have Brylcreem in it?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI page with info about the tourney http://www.rpiathletics.com/sports/2...123100405.aspx. I imagine that the links will be filled in when more is known.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Let's be clear on this one. Anything other than a convincing tournament win is a fail this year. I expect to see Merriam finally. I also expect to see some of the guys with slow starts get on the scoreboard. I'd like to see Cullen get a couple more points to build some confidence. I'd also like to see some of the Freshmen get a point or two.
              Because of your first statement, I disagree with your Merriam sentiment. Seth needs to win some games and he really needs to win the tourney. With both Appert & JFK out vs. UConn, this is no time to mess around with musical goalkeepers. York has the keys to the bus.
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Just glanced at the rosters for the tourney teams. You could look long and hard at DI rosters and not find many/any with kids from Tennessee ( 2 -UAH) or Arizona & Oklahoma (UConn).
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-23-2010, 08:16 PM.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Actually Friday night is Seth Appert hairstyle night. Wear tons of product in your hair and get a free comb. Lets see the refs find him now...
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    Actually Friday night is Seth Appert hairstyle night. Wear tons of product in your hair and get a free comb. Lets see the refs find him now...
                    Since he shaved the sides down it's a little tougher to have the Gordon Bombay look duplicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Because of your first statement, I disagree with your Merriam sentiment. Seth needs to win some games and he really needs to win the tourney. With both Appert & JFK out vs. UConn, this is no time to mess around with musical goalkeepers. York has the keys to the bus.
                      I would love to win this tournament finally after so many years of disappointment-but when do you suggest giving Merriam some time in net? He really needs at least one game before this season gets into the heavy ECAC schedule. Perhaps UAH?
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Im gonna have to agree with you on this one Wicked. RPI needs to win this tournament, its been way too long since they last won it. So I have a feeling York gets both starts this weekend. I can see Merriam playing in the USA game and at least one of the games down in Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          ...when do you suggest giving Merriam some time in net?
                          Simply stated, I don't. As I've stated all fall, I don't subscribe to the "we HAVE to play our backup" theory. As much as I hate Cornell/Shafer they know how to grow goalies and Scrivens started what, 99 of 100 games? I haven't heard Union itching to sit Kincaid to get Milan some icetime.

York has been outstanding in the early going, and is more than capable of playing 30+ games. With a young D now even younger - given JFK's injury -the last thing they need right now is to mess with who's playing behind them.

Backup keepers do their work and preparation in practice - that is their lot in life - to be ready if something happens to the #1. If this were the 82 game NHL, then of course you find a game here and there to rest your stud...but the top 10 NHL keepers play 65 games or better.

That's my opinion, who knows whether Seth happens to share it...we'll find out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                            Im gonna have to agree with you on this one Wicked...
                            Its painful I know....

Comment

Simply stated, I don't. As I've stated all fall, I don't subscribe to the "we HAVE to play our backup" theory. As much as I hate Cornell/Shafer they know how to grow goalies and Scrivens started what, 99 of 100 games? I haven't heard Union itching to sit Kincaid to get Milan some icetime.

York has been outstanding in the early going, and is more than capable of playing 30+ games. With a young D now even younger - given JFK's injury -the last thing they need right now is to mess with who's playing behind them.

Backup keepers do their work and preparation in practice - that is their lot in life - to be ready if something happens to the #1. If this were the 82 game NHL, then of course you find a game here and there to rest your stud...but the top 10 NHL keepers play 65 games or better.

That's my opinion, who knows whether Seth happens to share it...we'll find out tomorrow.
                              You mean in two days? And wouldn't Coach Vines be technically making that call? (although we really know there will be influence)

Comment

A little more on UAH... First the cons: They don't take many shots as it seems they tend to try for the high quality shots. As previously stated with a dozen frosh there are still too many defensive lapses and so far this season virtually every team has made them pay for those errors. They have also been a very slow starting team this year offensively. Couple that with a few first period errors and you can see that they are in the hole a couple of goals early. That's been the scenario for most of this year. Now the pros: They have a good power play (most of their goals have come on it) and a decent penalty kill. Outside of the OSU series I've yet to see them be outworked and as mentioned, they play till the buzzer no matter the score. If their opponent doesn't take advantage of the few rookie lapses, and they are becoming less often as the season progresses, they can surprise. I don't think their record is truly representative of their current game. Good luck to all.
                                Doug
                                UAH 1974
                                Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
                                Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
                                Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
                                Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
                                Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X