X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
    The article he's referring to was written on USCHO, not a BU paper (well it is considered a BU website to some )
    OK. I skimmed the article. I don't see anything in there where the writer attempts to "minimize" the BC goals.

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
      So your response was not a denial? Understood.

I don't see anyone on this thread supporting what sounds like a stupid article. Although I don't scour the BC papers for articles on BU like a stalker, a suspect that BC has had its share of stupid articles also.
      Fact: According to a rep I got from a BU fan, Limey has a BU Jersey with "BC SUCKS" embroidered on the nameplate. THAT is obsession, friend.

Comment

You guys really have to work on your trolling.
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          Fact: According to a rep I got from a BU fan, Limey has a BU Jersey with "BC SUCKS" embroidered on the nameplate. THAT is obsession, friend.
          Fact: That jersey was a gift from someone who thought it was funny. I think its funny too.

What you've proven is not only are you obsessed with BU, but also have upgraded it to a stalker-level with respect to some of their fans.

Comment

Fact: That jersey was a gift from someone who thought it was funny. I think its funny too.

What you've proven is not only are you obsessed with BU, but also have upgraded it to a stalker-level with respect to some of their fans.
            I have no idea who you are, pal, just reading what someone (BU) wrote about you. Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              Ahahahahahahhha. GAME OVER.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Hey, a little compassion for Slasher, please. If he had a girl, a guy, something, he wouldn't have to keep popping up. He's like the neighborhood kid who keeps knocking on our door because it's so ugly back home. It's pretty sad, but the right thing to do is let him watch TV for a while. Have a cookie, Slasher. Poor guy.
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

The constant obsession with BU by BC fans really suggests an inferiority complex, notwithstanding BC's recent successes. Otherwise I'd have to chalk it up to social ineptitude.
                  Oh the irony. It goes both ways.

OK. I skimmed the article. I don't see anything in there where the writer attempts to "minimize" the BC goals.
                  I'm not gonna get into a definition of minimizing the BC goals, but I stand by my opinion that that article is hot garbage.

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                  Hey, a little compassion for Slasher, please. If he had a girl, a guy, something, he wouldn't have to keep popping up. He's like the neighborhood kid who keeps knocking on our door because it's so ugly back home. It's pretty sad, but the right thing to do is let him watch TV for a while. Have a cookie, Slasher. Poor guy.
                  Keep popping up? How is he any different than other posters on this boards?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Oh the irony. It goes both ways.
                    I'm not the one trolling an opposing team's thread on an everyday basis.

Comment

Serious question, not a flame. When was the last time BU failed to make the NCAA tournament in consecutive years?

Comment

I'm not the one trolling an opposing team's thread on an everyday basis.
                        Wasn't referring to you or any individual...more of a general response to what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick33 View Post
                          Serious question, not a flame. When was the last time BU failed to make the NCAA tournament in consecutive years?
                          BU missed the NCAAs from 1987-1989, followed by 7 Frozen Four appearances in an 8-year stretch between 1990-1997.

Note: the 1987 team was ranked #1 nationally at the start of the season and was coming off the 1986 HE title. Finishing 19-15-3 was disappointing and triggered a 2-year backslide (back-to-back seasons with only 14 wins) in which Parker resign briefly to take the AD position at BU, only to reverse his decision.

Comment

This editorial isn't great, but it's a pretty accurate assessment of what the Dog Pound has been like for the past two seasons:

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/02/09...ds-leadership/
                            April 11th 2009
                            October 27th 2004
                            October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
                              This editorial isn't great, but it's a pretty accurate assessment of what the Dog Pound has been like for the past two seasons:

http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/02/09...ds-leadership/
                              I like FL but good Lord some of the articles people have linked recently need some work.

Comment

I agree the writing isn't good, but what it says about the Dog Pound leadership is basically spot on (aside from 108). 118 in the last two years has become a very boring, unoriginal fan section. It's not loud, half the people don't get into the games and the only cheers the leader starts is "Go BU" or "Let's go Terriers." While the team itself has certainly struggled these last two seasons, that doesn't really excuse the lack of creativity and effort in getting students involved in the game that is rampant throughout 118.
                                I think 108 has made huge strides in the past two years in actually getting students to games dressed in red and somewhat understanding the play on the ice. I remember when that section used to not even really count as a student section, so kudos to the leader of 108 for that.
                                April 11th 2009
                                October 27th 2004
                                October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Working...
                                X