This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

I don't post much, but I read every single post in the BU threads. It never ceases to amaze me that posters from opposing teams -- especially in the case of BU and BC fans -- almost always focus on tailoring their interpretation of a controversial event to save as much face as possible. That's not analysis, that's propaganda. This post was kind of preachy and I know not everyone can post at the level of a Puck Swami or Hokydad ( ), but it's becoming a tired act.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
      I don't post much, but I read every single post in the BU threads. It never ceases to amaze me that posters from opposing teams -- especially in the case of BU and BC fans -- almost always focus on tailoring their interpretation of a controversial event to save as much face as possible. That's not analysis, that's propaganda. This post was kind of preachy and I know not everyone can post at the level of a Puck Swami or Hokydad ( ), but it's becoming a tired act.
      I'm curious...wouldn't "tailoring their interpretation of a controversial event to save as much face as possible" basically come from someone who was wrong about something, but didn't want to admit it? Not sure what you're getting at here.

Comment

I think the NCAA should impliment a new rule stating that if the puck is in any way deflected before it goes in the net, it should only count as a half goal. I think that would be a lot more fair.

Comment

I meant "save face" to mean trying to spare one's program from a sort of weird sense of embarrassment that we all seem to saddle on opposing fans when we think we're right and they're wrong.

This is not in anyway a personal attack on you, J.D., but I've read some of the arguments you're more than able and willing to engage in and, unfortunately, I don't have the resources to do that if you're looking to hash this out.

Comment

If I had any idea what you were talking about, maybe we could hash whatever this is out

No worries. I try to tell it like it is. If people don't think I'm doing that or disagree with something I've said--I welcome the back and forth. College hockey is my favorite sport and I like to think the more passionate fans, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Considering the significant discrepancy in powerplays between BC and BU all season long, BCs PK vs. BUs PP was the battle that decided these 4 games.
              *****http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs240.snc3/22732_320650149201_568069201_4783535_2015947_n.jpg******
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                The bottom line is a tipped goal for BU = good (2009 FF) and a tipped goal for BC = bad (anytime). See, when you use Fanboy logic, it makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                  The bottom line is a tipped goal for BU = good (2009 FF) and a tipped goal for BC = bad (anytime). See, when you use Fanboy logic, it makes a lot of sense.
                  If you can point to specific posts which identify anything which supports this assertion, please do so. Otherwise, why don't you stop trolling and focus on your team (which is having a pretty good season, in case you haven't noticed) and less on BU.

The constant obsession with BU by BC fans really suggests an inferiority complex, notwithstanding BC's recent successes. Otherwise I'd have to chalk it up to social ineptitude.

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
                    The constant obsession with BU by BC fans really suggests an inferiority complex, notwithstanding BC's recent successes. Otherwise I'd have to chalk it up to social ineptitude.
                    says the fan who chants "BC sucks" at every sporting event (read: irony).

Comment

says the fan who chants "BC sucks" at every sporting event (read: irony).
                      Your inability to respond to my point in any meaningful way other than to post an inaccurate non-sequitor suggests that the social issues might be underscored by reading comprehension problems.

Comment

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

That's great.

Comment

Your inability to respond to my point in any meaningful way other than to post an inaccurate non-sequitor suggests that the social issues might be underscored by reading comprehension problems.
                          You accused me of obsessing and I merely pointed out that your fanbase wrote the book on obsession. The difference, of course, is BC doesn't have a Parker rump-swab like Scott Weighart writing stories about how 'tipped pucks' somehow minimize BC goals when your team won a national title on a tipped puck. I guess we're talking hypocricy AND inferiority when it comes to anyone from UMass-Kenmore.

Comment

A little "liquid breakfast" this morning limey?
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

You accused me of obsessing and I merely pointed out that your fanbase wrote the book on obsession.
                              So your response was not a denial? Understood.

The difference, of course, is BC doesn't have a Parker rump-swab like Scott Weighart writing stories about how 'tipped pucks' somehow minimize BC goals when your team won a national title on a tipped puck. I guess we're talking hypocricy AND inferiority when it comes to anyone from UMass-Kenmore.
                              I don't see anyone on this thread supporting what sounds like a stupid article. Although I don't scour the BC papers for articles on BU like a stalker, a suspect that BC has had its share of stupid articles also.

Comment

So your response was not a denial? Understood.

I don't see anyone on this thread supporting what sounds like a stupid article. Although I don't scour the BC papers for articles on BU like a stalker, a suspect that BC has had its share of stupid articles also.
                                The article he's referring to was written on USCHO, not a BU paper (well it is considered a BU website to some )
                                Boston College '12
                                1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X