This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

That was the TL;DR summary for that entry.

Comment

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
      Excuse me? Take what?
      your argument with the BC fans over your record. we keep this thread to arguing with them about relevant things like Parker's latest trip to the dugout, whether Gerbe slashed anyone/dove lately, and the occasional confused Northeastern fan.
      time to write new history

Comment

Sorry to take this back to actual hockey but just wondering ... with Millan playing well and the team getting into the stretch run, are we going to see Rollheiser at any point? I expected that he would be in net against Harvard but it didn't happen. Was that a statement from Parker? And if Rollheiser spends the rest of the season on the bench, do you think he will be back for his senior year? Fed. League? Hammer? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          your argument with the BC fans over your record. we keep this thread to arguing with them about relevant things like Parker's latest trip to the dugout, whether Gerbe slashed anyone/dove lately, and the occasional confused Northeastern fan.
          You mean there are other threads? Ones where people can discuss their own teams? Wonders never cease
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
            Sorry to take this back to actual hockey but just wondering ... with Millan playing well and the team getting into the stretch run, are we going to see Rollheiser at any point? I expected that he would be in net against Harvard but it didn't happen. Was that a statement from Parker? And if Rollheiser spends the rest of the season on the bench, do you think he will be back for his senior year? Fed. League? Hammer? Anyone?
            I can't see him getting another start unless Millan gets fatigued or completely falls apart. Parker showed he's willing to stick with Millan even after a bad game when he started him against ND one day after the Brown loss. Obviously that worked out well. I don't think it's any sort of statement against Rollheiser so much as it's the fact that Millan is playing like one of the best goalies in the country right now. Every game from here on is too important to mess with that.

As for next season... I honestly have no idea. Parker said Millan was the No. 1 goalie even before this season started, so I'd find it hard to believe he won't enter next season as the No. 1 again. If that's the case, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Rollheiser takes a serious look at his options. I haven't heard anything about him doing that, though, so that's pure speculation on my part.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'm sorry, I thought I was arguing with BU fans about our record. My humble apologies.

Comment

. . . whether Gerbe slashed anyone/dove lately . . .
                Did the sun rise in the east?
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Bump. Also, DiPietro just got one-punched by Brent Johnson.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    While on the topic of BU alums, don't know if anyone caught the SportsCenter top 10 yesterday, but #5 play of the day was this. Yes, AHL hockey was on SportsCenter.

******* width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000">****** name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" />****** name="quality" value="high" />****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />****** name="flashVars" value="catid=35&id=95450&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" />****** name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=35&id=95450&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/">
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Nothing like seeing a former Cap that I never liked when he was on the team one punch a former Terrier while playing on a team I loathe!
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

insult to injury for DiPietro. Takes the loss, having an awful season, and got one punched in a goalie fight. rough

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
                          insult to injury for DiPietro. Takes the loss, having an awful season, and got one punched in a goalie fight. rough
                          For him, being healthy enough to play makes it a great season compared to the last few...
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I can't see him getting another start unless Millan gets fatigued or completely falls apart. Parker showed he's willing to stick with Millan even after a bad game when he started him against ND one day after the Brown loss. Obviously that worked out well. I don't think it's any sort of statement against Rollheiser so much as it's the fact that Millan is playing like one of the best goalies in the country right now. Every game from here on is too important to mess with that.

As for next season... I honestly have no idea. Parker said Millan was the No. 1 goalie even before this season started, so I'd find it hard to believe he won't enter next season as the No. 1 again. If that's the case, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Rollheiser takes a serious look at his options. I haven't heard anything about him doing that, though, so that's pure speculation on my part.
                            Well just to look at another option with the way Milan is playing what happens if he signs after the year is over and leaves early

Comment

Originally posted by fromafar View Post
                              Well just to look at another option with the way Milan is playing what happens if he signs after the year is over and leaves early
                              I'm speculating here, but is this really a likely scenario? I can't think of too many goalies who've jumped early, Thiessen is the only one that comes to mind, and while Millan certainly has played very well lately, his stats have been a bit skewed for various reasons, so they're not exactly jump off the page kind of numbers. He's with BU West, right?
                              time to write new history

Comment

yes he is with BU West and it is also hard to say how likely it is that they will want to sign him but from a development prospective an arguement could be made that he would be better served getting back to a regular hockey season schedule with more games played he has proved himself pretty well at this level

Comment

Working...
                                X