X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
    It isn't, but I'm struggling to find a single hockey player that is verified, especially in the minor leagues like Colby is. He interacts with a large number of his former teammates and other people in the hockey world on there. It is him.
    It certainly seems like it's his, yes. But I'm just saying you can't assume that.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if York and Parker were on Twitter?

Congrats on the three points up at Maine. Down 3-1 in game one and having Millan bombarded in game two--impressive results, especially considering how good Maine has been at home this year. Looks to me like UNH and BC will battle it out for 1/2 while BU/Merrimack/Maine will be fighting for the final two home playoff spots. I thought Merrimack might have the inside track for #3, but looking at BU's relatively easy schedule down the stretch, I'm not sure that's the case. Either way, a BU vs. NU/Maine/Merrimack QF series would be highly entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Wouldn't it be great if York and Parker were on Twitter?

...but looking at BU's relatively easy schedule down the stretch, I'm not sure that's the case....
        I'm relying on memory here, but I think MC has it fairly easy until the final weekend (2 @ UMO).
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          I'm relying on memory here, but I think MC has it fairly easy until the final weekend (2 @ UMO).
          BU: UML, @UMass, PC, @PC, UVM, UVM, @NU, NU
          MC: @NU, UMass, @UNH, UNH, @UMass, UMass, @Maine, @Maine, PC, @PC
          Maine: @UNH, @UNH, UVM, UVM, @UML, @UML, MC, MC, @UMass, @UMass

It would certainly appear that BU has the easiest finish of those three.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Secondly, here is the hard question we need to ask regarding this upcoming stretch of games: Is BU better than BC, Maine, UNH, or Merrimack? Hmmm. Definitely not BC. Maine? UNH? Merrimack!?

I'd take 2-3. 3-2 would be awesome. 1-4 would suck, but not a shocker. 0-5 and we'll be calling for Jack's head again.
            So we got a bit more than Bomber (and I) would have taken. If #12 had buried #6's pass late in third, we'd be in awesome-land.

But five games (four on the road) against higher ranked teams, and BU ends up with two one-goal losses, two one-goal wins, and a tie. You have to say that the Terriers are in the hunt. I especially like the facts that (a) Mlllan is rock-solid again and (b) this team doesn't quit.

It looks like five teams are battling for home ice and BU is done with all of them: BC 0-3, Merrimack 0-1-2, Maine 1-0-2, and UNH 2-1. Maine has two games left with both NH and Merrimack. Merrimack also has a couple with UNH. (BC and UNH play two, but that's moot because both are in.)

BU can't take anyone lightly but they're through with the real iron.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
              It looks like five teams are battling for home ice

(BC and UNH play two, but that's moot because both are in.)
              Right, so really three teams competing for two home spots. Who would you rather play? Merrimack or Maine? Is it as simple as Maine because BU won the season series? When you look closer, BU has two ties against each, a one goal loss to MC and a one goal win against Maine.

Comment

Right, so really three teams competing for two home spots. Who would you rather play? Merrimack or Maine? Is it as simple as Maine because BU won the season series? When you look closer, BU has two ties against each, a one goal loss to MC and a one goal win against Maine.
                I think you'd have to say Maine. Cannata could steal a short series. Maine's goalies... not so much.

Comment

To avoid any further confusion, let me make something perfectly clear...I don't expect Parker to respond. I guess I just don't like the phrase "incomplete information" being tossed around. Good or bad, the information brought forward to the public's eye is complete, no? People can talk about having inside information but that doesn't take away from the fact we only have one side of this--a negative slant from Glass. That alone just isn't good in any aspect and leads people to one option...do you believe him or not? My stance is that considering he was the one contacted about this...I really don't see a reason not to believe him. That's just my opinion.

As for throwing kids under the bus, I think it's completely fair and accurate to say Parker has done that before in various ways.

And, yes, an anonymous player did come out but he really didn't reveal anything earth shattering or specific.
                  When I said incomplete information, I probably should've made it clearer and said an incomplete story. It's becoming increasingly more clear that the story Glass gave to FL was not a complete account of everything that happened. That's all. And we do have more than one side, a current player went to FL, whom we trust is not making this up, and gave a counter to the story Glass gave FL. So there are two published sides, not to mention Colby's tweets, and others around the team who have differing accounts of what Glass said. So unless everyone else is lying, Glass' story is incomplete.
                  time to write new history

Comment

But five games (four on the road) against higher ranked teams, and BU ends up with two one-goal losses, two one-goal wins, and a tie. You have to say that the Terriers are in the hunt. I especially like the facts that (a) Mlllan is rock-solid again and (b) this team doesn't quit.
                    I think Millan is THE key for this team down the stretch. If he stays consistent and raises his play another notch in the post season, March could be fun on Comm Ave. But his play is crucial 'cause the powerplay is atrocious and the defense is iffy.

BU can't take anyone lightly but they're through with the real iron.
                    I could see them losing by 2 or 3 goals to anyone left on their schedule if Millan is off his game and they continue to play poor 1st periods.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      It's becoming increasingly more clear that the story Glass gave to FL was not a complete account of everything that happened. That's all. And we do have more than one side, a current player went to FL, whom we trust is not making this up, and gave a counter to the story Glass gave FL. So there are two published sides, not to mention Colby's tweets, and others around the team who have differing accounts of what Glass said. So unless everyone else is lying, Glass' story is incomplete.
                      We're gonna have to agree to disagree here. The anonymous player/Cohen didn't really shed any light on the situation IMO. Unless you want to offer specific quotes other than "Glass is a liar", etc., I haven't seen anything specific that goes against Glass' account. For example, is there anything out there that says Parker did return calls/e-mails from Glass/his father? Or that he did in fact shake their hands when they came in for the meeting? That's what I'm getting at--those specific parts of Glass' story that tell me Parker could have handled the whole thing better.

Comment

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here. The anonymous player/Cohen didn't really shed any light on the situation IMO. Unless you want to offer specific quotes other than "Glass is a liar", etc., I haven't seen anything specific that goes against Glass' account. For example, is there anything out there that says Parker did return calls/e-mails from Glass/his father? Or that he did in fact shake their hands when they came in for the meeting? That's what I'm getting at--those specific parts of Glass' story that tell me Parker could have handled the whole thing better.
                        Although Parker probably could've handled it better, that's not really the story if this whole thing is going to go any further. The story in terms of anyone looking into anything would be: Is the dismissal justified? And did Parker really punish Glass for missing something because he was studying? I think that's the main point that both the player I spoke to and those tweets (if they are in fact Colby's) are trying to make. They're arguing that Parker was justified in letting him go, not that he was justified in not returning calls. And as for those calls and that meeting, would anyone else be privy to that information outside of Glass, his father and Parker? I don't think so. They're the only ones who know for certain how many calls/emails there were and how long it took Parker to return them, and they're the only ones who know if Parker shook their hands or made eye contact. One of those sides decided to go on the record and one didn't. So it comes down to whether or not you believe the Glass side. If there are holes in other parts of the Glass side, wouldn't you at least be a little skeptical of this part of it, too? I'm not saying I do or don't believe Glass. I'm just saying you shouldn't pick and choose what info you take for fact and what info you question. You either believe he's telling the truth and accept his story, or you question it. Obviously you're more willing to accept it than others, which is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          Be careful. That's not a verified twitter account.
                          Spending the day in NYC. Than home for a few days.
                          Oh no, that's definitely Colby.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

. They're the only ones who know for certain how many calls/emails there were and how long it took Parker to return them,
                            Well actually, the telephone company and their phone statement would indicate when the calls were made both outgoing and incoming.

As for e-mails if Glass can't produce them they probably weren't made. Seems as though he would have kept them, or they would be in his "sent mail" box.

Just saying, personally I find there is a nugget of truth in pretty much everything, but some details get added or subtracted. Sometimes they are easily verifiable, as telephone records...
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

BU: UML, @UMass, PC, @PC, UVM, UVM, @NU, NU
                              MC: @NU, UMass, @UNH, UNH, @UMass, UMass, @Maine, @Maine, PC, @PC
                              Maine: @UNH, @UNH, UVM, UVM, @UML, @UML, MC, MC, @UMass, @UMass

It would certainly appear that BU has the easiest finish of those three.
                              Whoops, I shouldn't have relied on my memory.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Although Parker probably could've handled it better, that's not really the story if this whole thing is going to go any further. The story in terms of anyone looking into anything would be: Is the dismissal justified? And did Parker really punish Glass for missing something because he was studying? I think that's the main point that both the player I spoke to and those tweets (if they are in fact Colby's) are trying to make. They're arguing that Parker was justified in letting him go, not that he was justified in not returning calls. And as for those calls and that meeting, would anyone else be privy to that information outside of Glass, his father and Parker? I don't think so. They're the only ones who know for certain how many calls/emails there were and how long it took Parker to return them, and they're the only ones who know if Parker shook their hands or made eye contact. One of those sides decided to go on the record and one didn't. So it comes down to whether or not you believe the Glass side. If there are holes in other parts of the Glass side, wouldn't you at least be a little skeptical of this part of it, too? I'm not saying I do or don't believe Glass. I'm just saying you shouldn't pick and choose what info you take for fact and what info you question. You either believe he's telling the truth and accept his story, or you question it. Obviously you're more willing to accept it than others, which is fine.
                                Great post. Not thrilled if it is true that's the way Parker handled it, but I am much more concerned if his dismissal was unjustified. While we would all like specifics, Parker won't let that out in the open, so Cohen's tweet is somewhat encouraging. Let's hope that reporter does a story with Cohen....

Comment

Working...
                                X