• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Not here!

I brought up the possibility of a 1-8-0 January a couple weeks ago
    Where did you find the 1 in that record?
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I saw Chiasson leave the ice but I think that happened before that hit.
      Apparently Chiasson had a knee contusion and will be out for at least a week.
      Never waste your money on b2live games. The only thing worse than their product is their service.

Comment

Here's my recap of tonight's game. Includes updates on the Glass suspension and Chiasson injury.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Here's my recap of tonight's game. Includes updates on the Glass suspension and Chiasson injury.
          Thanks, FL.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
            Where did you find the 1 in that record?
            Vermont
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              Vermont
              Honestly, no. Harvard
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Can someone who's good with stats let me know:

a.) How many PP goals BU has scored?

and

b.) How many SH goals has BU allowed?

If b > a then I think we should decline penalties a la NFL style.
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

and

By the way, JJ, nice work on the color commentary Saturday PM.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    By the way, JJ, nice work on the color commentary Saturday PM.
                    Not sure exactly what you mean, but thanks. Was it my Don Meredith quote?

Comment

and

Don't know the answer, but I've been thinking about the fact that the PP is so poor this year. How a team with Warsofsky, Clendening, Coyle and Chiasson can have such poor PP results is beyond me. I have always felt that special teams are an area where coaching should really make a difference. First off, it's the closest you can get to "set plays" in hockey, other than plays right off of face-offs. Second, there should be pretty obvious changes to make when your opponent defends it in a certain way. Jerry York has always played BU's PP aggressive at the points, and we have rarely been successful in adapting. Granted, BC probably has a better overall talent level than we do.

Frustrating.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                        Not sure exactly what you mean, but thanks. Was it my Don Meredith quote?
                        Joubert was Bernie's color man this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          Don't know the answer, but I've been thinking about the fact that the PP is so poor this year. How a team with Warsofsky, Clendening, Coyle and Chiasson can have such poor PP results is beyond me. I have always felt that special teams are an area where coaching should really make a difference. First off, it's the closest you can get to "set plays" in hockey, other than plays right off of face-offs. Second, there should be pretty obvious changes to make when your opponent defends it in a certain way. Jerry York has always played BU's PP aggressive at the points, and we have rarely been successful in adapting. Granted, BC probably has a better overall talent level than we do.

Frustrating.
                          Have you noticed how sluggish and sloppy our passing is? Always, not just on PP, but it's really obvious on the PP. There seems to be a fundamentals problem on this team that I think is even bigger than just special teams.
                          Never waste your money on b2live games. The only thing worse than their product is their service.

Comment

and

PPG for: 11
                            SHG against: (5)

PPG against: (16)
                            SHG for: 3

net minus 7 which is tied for 7th in the league with providence. umass and vermont are in last at minus 9; where as bc leads with +15
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                              Joubert was Bernie's color man this weekend.
                              Once again...I'm not really JJ. Just a fan of his. Not sure if this diminshes my credibility on this board...

By way of background I got my BA from BU in 96 and PhD in 2003 (Chemistry).

Haven't missed many home games since 1992...I've seen a lot, not all, but a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                PPG for: 11
                                SHG against: (5)

PPG against: (16)
                                SHG for: 3

net minus 7 which is tied for 7th in the league with providence. umass and vermont are in last at minus 9; where as bc leads with +15
                                Thanks Steve. To quote my wife when we were looking at the HE Standings last night, "The only we're leading the conference in is goals against."

I hope this team turns this around. Too much talent (like last year) to be having this much trouble.

I'm also worried that Coyle leaves...This would have been Wilson, Shattenkirk, Bonino, and C. Cohen's senior year...

Comment

Working...
                                X