X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    The no call on the hit from behind/cross check on Noonan is ridiculous with around 3:00 left in the game. But the interference call on Megan was laughable at best, and I think that's what really set off Parker. Take a look at the second replay, around 3:55 of the video, the RPI looks back, sees Megan hustling to get back in the play, and knowingly coasts into his path, gets hit, and there's a penalty. Why else would you be looking *away from the puck* on a 3 on 0? Stupid call.

The officials clearly had no control of the game from the beginning. They called a few head scratchers on RPI in the first, but of course BU's powerplay sucks and ended up netting a one goal deficit. Then for the rest of the game, it seemed like the officials decided to cherry pick random calls when they felt like it. I'll say my seat gave me a very poor view of the end RPI attacked twice, so anything that happened down there I really couldn't see. I didn't even notice the HFB on Noonan until just watching it, but I don't think either team really ended up benefiting more than the other. It was in the end BU's poor special teams play on both sides that lead to the loss. By the end of the game, BU seemed to take out the frustration of the last few weeks with some really dumb penalties and fights that were just unnecessary garbage.

All throughout, the officials maintained no control of the game however. What underscored it for me was during one of the fights in the 3 minute garbage time period at the end, an official skated over to two guys roughing each other, and went to break it up, then actually backed away and allowed them to continue fighting. It was almost like he was too scared to break it up. The fight only ended when the players stopped it themselves. Just a terrible job all around.
    those were not fights, please. players acting out with zero accountability. some of the kids on these teams will act up knowing nothing can happen and it will get stopped. cages ruined college hockey

this will slow down the hits from behind and kids punching kids from the bench. half the kids in these so called fights would hide under the bench before they would pull the crap they do if they were in juniors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdtSr_lusQ

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      how can you not love the butt-end to the face at 6:50?
      Scores from the judges on the Escobedo dive at 5:12 are as follows:
      GBR: 10
      USA: 10
      FRA: 9.5 (boooooo!!!)
      RUS: 10
      CZE:10
      SWE: 10

Escobedo wins gold!!!
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Escobedo wins gold!!!
        yeah, the two handed shove the rpi kid gave him didn't factor in at all...

Comment

Escobedo wins gold!!!
          for difficulty though, the time in the RW corner at HAA when gerbe grabbed sean sullivan's sweater and fell backwards, pulling sean on top of him to draw a penalty... THAT was the best ever
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            those were not fights, please. players acting out with zero accountability. some of the kids on these teams will act up knowing nothing can happen and it will get stopped. cages ruined college hockey

this will slow down the hits from behind and kids punching kids from the bench. half the kids in these so called fights would hide under the bench before they would pull the crap they do if they were in juniors

hmmm. sorta like you and pc91?!?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

I'm glad college hockey is not like what is in that video. Some of those hits and fights were just stupid and ridiculous. The worst offenders were the 5 on 5 brawls right from the face-off. Also, obviously, the threat of getting in full brawls does not seem to stop the guys in the video from continuing to do it. You were trying to make a point somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
                yeah, the two handed shove the rpi kid gave him didn't factor in at all...
                Ahahaha. Shove? He flopped straight down. Wouldn't he have fallen back with a two-handed shove? Nah, your story sounds better.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Ahahaha. Shove? He flopped straight down. Wouldn't he have fallen back with a two-handed shove? Nah, your story sounds better.
                  he would have fallen back...had he not gotten hit from the side as he tried to side step the guy...

Comment

Live, I thought it was definitely interference. On replay, it was clearly a dive. Watching that video makes me even more disenchanted with BU's actions at the end of the game. I didn't catch Noonan's hit from behind or Nicastro's butt-end in real time, either. There's just no place for that kind of stuff, no matter how upset you are at the refs or the other team. I like Parker and I like a lot of the BU players, but there's just no way to justify or defend what happened in the last 3 minutes of that game.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      The officials clearly had no control of the game from the beginning.
                      Welcome back to the ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        hmmm. sorta like you and pc91?!?
                        LOL! Spit my coffee out!
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          Live, I thought it was definitely interference. On replay, it was clearly a dive. Watching that video makes me even more disenchanted with BU's actions at the end of the game. I didn't catch Noonan's hit from behind or Nicastro's butt-end in real time, either. There's just no place for that kind of stuff, no matter how upset you are at the refs or the other team. I like Parker and I like a lot of the BU players, but there's just no way to justify or defend what happened in the last 3 minutes of that game.
                          Well said.
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            I agree, very well said, Federal League. It's nice to have someone close to the situation, who is also unbiased. I, too, forgot how bad Noonan's hit was against the RPI player in his defensive zone. I can't believe it wasn't a 5 minute penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                              I'm glad college hockey is not like what is in that video. Some of those hits and fights were just stupid and ridiculous. The worst offenders were the 5 on 5 brawls right from the face-off. Also, obviously, the threat of getting in full brawls does not seem to stop the guys in the video from continuing to do it. You were trying to make a point somewhere?
                              me too, fighting is stupid at this age. the point was college is a gladiator/bowling alley because cages and zero accountability. you see the same players in summer pro leagues run off the ice at the first sign of conflict but will puch a kid in cage during season

Comment

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...10-11-week-10/

Comment

Working...
                                X