This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

FL, any chance you guys have any post game video and/or transcripts from Parker or Pereira? I saw the quotes, just wasn't sure if you had the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
      FL, any chance you guys have any post game video and/or transcripts from Parker or Pereira? I saw the quotes, just wasn't sure if you had the whole thing
      Our resident transcriber's working on it. Should be up in a bit.

Edit: And they're up.
      Last edited by Federal League; 12-12-2010, 03:43 PM.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Our resident transcriber's working on it. Should be up in a bit.

Edit: And they're up.
        very nice. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
          very nice. thanks
          This is actually the first time I've seen the full transcripts, too. I had to skip the BU interviews to cover RPI. It's worth noting, though, that our reporters who were there weren't convinced by Parker's tone that he actually thought his team played well. This might've been one of those occasions when he tried using the media to make a certain point -- in this case, that the refs were awful.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            This is actually the first time I've seen the full transcripts, too. I had to skip the BU interviews to cover RPI. It's worth noting, though, that our reporters who were there weren't convinced by Parker's tone that he actually thought his team played well. This might've been one of those occasions when he tried using the media to make a certain point -- in this case, that the refs were awful.
            yeah that would certainly make sense. i was surprised when i saw that Parker said he thought BU played well, especially considering he had to pull rollie just to try and wake the team up

Comment

“I was glad to see our guys stick up for everybody,” Parker said. “They realized what was happening to them, and you couldn’t not get frustrated. It’s hard to not get frustrated when you’re getting a bad deal.”

What is he talking about? I could understand if RPI was being dirty, or even chippy. But they weren't. What happened on the 5 on 3 at the end of the game was disgraceful to college hockey. Millan saved the puck and had it tied up. There was one RPI player in front of the net and the three BU players decide to start whacking away on him for no reason. I know Nicastro and Chiasson were two of the three Terriers involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                “I was glad to see our guys stick up for everybody,” Parker said. “They realized what was happening to them, and you couldn’t not get frustrated. It’s hard to not get frustrated when you’re getting a bad deal.”

What is he talking about? I could understand if RPI was being dirty, or even chippy. But they weren't. What happened on the 5 on 3 at the end of the game was disgraceful to college hockey. Millan saved the puck and had it tied up. There was one RPI player in front of the net and the three BU players decide to start whacking away on him for no reason. I know Nicastro and Chiasson were two of the three Terriers involved.

that is a curious quote indeed. echoed by pereira. i wonder what exactly rpi was doing to them that deserved that kind of conduct. "We’re a group of guys where you mess with one of us, you’re gonna mess with the whole team"
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  that is a curious quote indeed. echoed by pereira. i wonder what exactly rpi was doing to them that deserved that kind of conduct. "We’re a group of guys where you mess with one of us, you’re gonna mess with the whole team"
                  makes me miss the days of him calling out players and 'throwing them under the bus'. maybe he is trying to be more like Jerry here?!?!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    I think they were reacting to Escobedo getting hit from behind. It was a pretty bad hit, definitely deserved five minutes and went uncalled. I can see there being a response from BU with a hard hit or fighting after the first whistle but I don't know why they continued after several subsequent whistles. If you're frustrated with the refs, get thrown from the game for arguing with them, not for taking it out on the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      I think they were reacting to Escobedo getting hit from behind. It was a pretty bad hit, definitely deserved five minutes and went uncalled. I can see there being a response from BU with a hard hit or fighting after the first whistle but I don't know why they continued after several subsequent whistles. If you're frustrated with the refs, get thrown from the game for arguing with them, not for taking it out on the other team.
                      well toward the end Noonan hit a RPI guy from behind into the boards and that wasn't called either. when he did it i yelled at the tv because i was sure that was a 5, and was shocked when it didn't even merit a 2.

they have some issues that need addressed.
                      hopefully they are doing it internally, because the words coming out in public are going in the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        makes me miss the days of him calling out players and 'throwing them under the bus'. maybe he is trying to be more like Jerry here?!?!

Did you read his Christmas letter last year? He threw eevryone under the bus but the man in the mirror. I am sure he will do the same again soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          Did you read his Christmas letter last year? He threw eevryone under the bus but the man in the mirror. I am sure he will do the same again soon enough

why i have intimate knowledge that most everyone on here read it! ;P

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            well toward the end Noonan hit a RPI guy from behind into the boards and that wasn't called either. when he did it i yelled at the tv because i was sure that was a 5, and was shocked when it didn't even merit a 2.

they have some issues that need addressed.
                            hopefully they are doing it internally, because the words coming out in public are going in the opposite direction.
                            Well Noonan was skating hard towards the guy, slowed up, then skated forward again and dumped him. It was like we could read his thoughts - "I saw the hit on Escobedo, they didn't call it, so I can knock him over and get the puck and not take a penalty." And he decided to go through with it. I think if the refs were calling the game properly, the hit on Escobedo should have been a five and Noonan's would have been two for boarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Did you read his Christmas letter last year? Because I remember Parker giving himself an F.
                              April 11th 2009
                              October 27th 2004
                              October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post
                                Did you read his Christmas letter last year? Because I remember Parker giving himself an F.
                                Come on now... don't go using things such as facts to make Hokydad look bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X