X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Has a program ever been #1 in the poles two years in a row, and failed to make the national tournament in both of those years?!?
    If they keep playing like this, this season will be the same as last year and 07-08. These subpar seasons are becoming the norm. Huge problem. The bigger problem is no one is doing anything about it. BU is successfully wasting any and all momentum or spark from winning a national championship. Of course the record right now is still okay, so if they turn it around over break, things will be fine. The problem is that literally every aspect of their game needs to make a complete 180 turn.

Comment

Dear Jack,

When you send the message that its ok to lose your cool with 3 minutes left in the game how else would you expect your team to respond? I just hope they forget it or else the last 2 minutes of our games could become as long as the last 2 minutes of basketball games.

Comment

one win in november
        one win in december

sure, the boys are 8-4-5, but let's peer ahead into january?

vs - brown (not given - kinda lucky to get a point at home vs these bears)
        vs - mankato or nd (definitely not a given, either opponent)
        @ - uvm (has bu ever played well there)
        @ - mc (lucky to get a point there recently)
        H - harvard (we'd like to think that is a win, but if the boys are on a 5 game bender....)
        H - bc (HA!)
        @ - uhn (oh boy)
        @ - umo (ummm)
        @ - umo (oh nelly....)

1-8-0 january in store?!?!?
        (good news? at least 0-9-0 wouldn't be far from expected right now)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

3 out the last 4 is looking like a bad trend. As good as the title was in 2009 it unfortunately prolonged Parkers stay which I was afraid of. BC is putting so much distance between the 2 programs right now (NCAA wise) that BU will have trouble getting back to BC level for atleast a few years after York and Parker retire. Its like Groundhog Day following this program over the last decade

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            Dear Jack,

When you send the message that its ok to lose your cool with 3 minutes left in the game how else would you expect your team to respond? I just hope they forget it or else the last 2 minutes of our games could become as long as the last 2 minutes of basketball games.
            Nice to see BU imitating Serino's Merrihack teams.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

It's not good, is it? It's amazing this team won 8 games at all.

What's worse?

The BU PP?
              The BU PK?
              The bend and THEN break D?
              The fact this team gives up 4+ goals a game?
              or...
              We're losing so let's all goon it up?

That game was a total embarrassment to BU and college hockey. I'm just glad nobody got hurt.

Seriously...does Jack watch the tapes of the games? How can other teams adjust to our "game plan" so easily and our staff not know what to do?

This team won't win a game in the Holiday tourney. Probably won't score 4 goals total.

I think it's time to queue up Mike Sullivan, don't you?

On the bright side...Maybe BC isn't really that good? .
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                heck, at least those teams would hit you in the face in the 1st period and not wait until the end of the 3rd to hit you in the back.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  what was your favorite cheap shot at the end of the game? mine was a tie between nicastro's butt-end to the face of lee and coyle's crosscheck to brutlag after the last goal. of course, clendening's spear was a close third.
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Hey guys....ugly end to that one....found a few goal highlights....BU's was pretty nice.... BU's lone goal comes at about 53 seconds of the following video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP8h5c4V9T8 good luck the rest of the way
                    RIT Tigers
                    2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                    2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

I made a comment to a friend at the game tonight that we seem to be playing very reactionary hockey lately, basically just reacting to how the other team is playing and trying to make the best of it, rather than imposing our will on the flow of the game, and forcing the action. Another thing, *** is with our point defensemen and forwards along the boards pension for bringing the puck to low percentage areas in the offensive zone, like a defender willfully backing into the far corner at the blue line, or a forward winding up a slap shot from below the dot against the boards while the goalie is square to him? This particularly happens on the PP, and is one of the reasons we're having so much trouble. It allows the defenders to attack more easily, gives us less room for slightly errant passes, allows defenders to pick off passes from the defender at the top blue line corner to the forward along the boards. I can't count how many times that's happened.

The plus side to things is, as of now, we haven't dug the hole we dug ourselves last year, nor have we put ourselves in PWR jail. In fact, quite the opposite, we're still in good position to make a run at an at-large bid, but that's a moot point if things don't change. Hopefully the return of #12 will bring some energy back to the team, as well as a couple of weeks away from the ice to get a few of the bugs out of their head.
                      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        I made a comment to a friend at the game tonight that we seem to be playing very reactionary hockey lately, basically just reacting to how the other team is playing and trying to make the best of it, rather than imposing our will on the flow of the game, and forcing the action. Another thing, *** is with our point defensemen and forwards along the boards pension for bringing the puck to low percentage areas in the offensive zone, like a defender willfully backing into the far corner at the blue line, or a forward winding up a slap shot from below the dot against the boards while the goalie is square to him? This particularly happens on the PP, and is one of the reasons we're having so much trouble. It allows the defenders to attack more easily, gives us less room for slightly errant passes, allows defenders to pick off passes from the defender at the top blue line corner to the forward along the boards. I can't count how many times that's happened.

The plus side to things is, as of now, we haven't dug the hole we dug ourselves last year, nor have we put ourselves in PWR jail. In fact, quite the opposite, we're still in good position to make a run at an at-large bid, but that's a moot point if things don't change. Hopefully the return of #12 will bring some energy back to the team, as well as a couple of weeks away from the ice to get a few of the bugs out of their head.
                        Agree 1000% on the poor angle, low percentage shots. That's rarely, if ever going to work. I also keep trying to look on the bightside of the 1st half and say to myself, "8-4-5" isn't a bad start". Problem with that is, every game I see this team play they've looked worse that the last. Other than the UNH win, when did they last look OK? I'm very nervous about the direction this team is going. The schedule isn't getting any easier either.
                        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Wow. The Chicken Littles are in full voice. Let's fire Jack now and forfeit the rest of the season. I mean, really, what's the point of continuing?

BU Hockey: Everyone Sucks

PS: Good analysis slurpees. I was thinking the same thing regarding the "reacting" not "acting" aspect of their game. It wasn't like this in October.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Speaking of getting jobbed. What about Rollie? Were those goals really his fault? Perhaps Jack wanted to jump start his team, but...
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Speaking of getting jobbed. What about Rollie? Were those goals really his fault? Perhaps Jack wanted to jump start his team, but...
                              That first goal was atrocious, he should've had it. He looked like he was fighting the puck all night long, he wasn't solid. Kieran didn't do a whole lot, but was far more solid and that goal he gave up in 5 on 3 garbage time was totally irrelevant.
                              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                                That first goal was atrocious, he should've had it. He looked like he was fighting the puck all night long, he wasn't solid. Kieran didn't do a whole lot, but was far more solid and that goal he gave up in 5 on 3 garbage time was totally irrelevant.
                                I originally thought Warsofsky screened him on the first goal, but looking at the photos posted in the game thread, that clearly wasn't the case. It was a good shot, but he probably should've had it. Still, any sort of competent defense and that shot never happens. Rollie had no chance on the second and third goals. Bad PKs just left guys wide open on the doorstep. Rollie certainly didn't have his best game, but I think the move was more to wake the team up than anything.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X