X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    FL, how come the post-game presser at BC is in a freaking hallway?

BU Hockey: Down 14-7, its time to pull out the Hail Mary.
    Parker's choice, not BC's. They leave it up to the other team. Most coaches when there are a number of reporters present, will go to the press conference room. Parker also speaks in as low as possible a voice forcing them to crowd that much closer.

BTW, at least one member of BU's WIH team is here at BC for the game vs. Harvard. Come - it's free!

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

OK then, moving on . . .
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
        Parker's choice, not BC's. They leave it up to the other team. Most coaches when there are a number of reporters present, will go to the press conference room. Parker also speaks in as low as possible a voice forcing them to crowd that much closer.

BTW, at least one member of BU's WIH team is here at BC for the game vs. Harvard. Come - it's free!
        It's also a bit of a hassle to get to the press conference room at Conte. While the visitor locker room is located right by what I'm tempted to say is the back door (North or south entrance, I forget -- but it's on the press side) right by where the buses are, the conference room is a good distance down a long and winding hallway on the other side of the building. I imagine that Parker wanted to get the hell out of the building as quickly as possible.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          FL, how come the post-game presser at BC is in a freaking hallway?

BU Hockey: Down 14-7, its time to pull out the Hail Mary.
          They dont have pressers in a hallway normally. There is a media room they use. In the past, Parker has chosen to pass on the room and just sit on the bench outside the locker room and do it there. He does it more when BU loses than when they win.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
            They dont have pressers in a hallway normally. There is a media room they use. In the past, Parker has chosen to pass on the room and just sit on the bench outside the locker room and do it there. He does it more when BU loses than when they win.
            Also, to add: while saying it's a "hallway" gives an odd picture, the room -- right in between BU's locker room and the entrance to the visitor's bench -- is quite large. I'd say about 35 feet by 35 feet. It's as large as the press conference room at Agganis, if not larger. So no one's really cramped.
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Seventh in this week's poll. As dismayed as I am about this weekend's results I'm equally buoyed by the 7-3-5 start.

If this players and coaching staff learn from this and get better it'll all be OK.

If they dwell on this and let it shake them...then who knows. I'm really glad they played better Saturday. At least it was a contest.

I can say that if you asked me at the start of the season if I'd be happy with a 7-3-5 start and a top ten ranking, I would have said "yes".

Now...How do we fix those special teams? I know the squad is young but there's gotta be a coaching solution, no?
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                It's also a bit of a hassle to get to the press conference room at Conte. While the visitor locker room is located right by what I'm tempted to say is the back door (North or south entrance, I forget -- but it's on the press side) right by where the buses are, the conference room is a good distance down a long and winding hallway on the other side of the building. I imagine that Parker wanted to get the hell out of the building as quickly as possible.
                I always feel like I'm walking through secret underground tunnels at Conte or something.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

It's a straight hallway, you only turn right before the door to the press conference room. It also isn't that long (closer than BU dressing room to their media room) and I'm usually carrying lots of gear. (You only have a long, suppose it could be considered winding, route if you go to the BC hallway which is farther from PC room than the visitors room.) The area where he did speak - and other coaches choose it at times, but they stand which makes it easier to have folks around and they don't speak in a near whisper which also allows for more personal space between folks - is large. If you've ever seen images of kids stretching or warming up w/ a soccer ball taken by me pre-game, that's usually the space. He just made it more awkward by choosing the bench, which also made it awkward on his players since it is near the door they had to go through with their bags so a security person had to stand there manning the door to keep things quiet instead of the normal propping open of the door so the kids don't have to worry about it.

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                    It's a straight hallway, you only turn right before the door to the press conference room. It also isn't that long (closer than BU dressing room to their media room) and I'm usually carrying lots of gear. (You only have a long, suppose it could be considered winding, route if you go to the BC hallway which is farther from PC room than the visitors room.) The area where he did speak - and other coaches choose it at times, but they stand which makes it easier to have folks around and they don't speak in a near whisper which also allows for more personal space between folks - is large. If you've ever seen images of kids stretching or warming up w/ a soccer ball taken by me pre-game, that's usually the space. He just made it more awkward by choosing the bench, which also made it awkward on his players since it is near the door they had to go through with their bags so a security person had to stand there manning the door to keep things quiet instead of the normal propping open of the door so the kids don't have to worry about it.
                    It's been two years since I've been there, so I'm trying to jog my memory. I know we're both speaking of the large room (which is next to the press elevator, right?) right next to the ice. I assume that BU takes the large dressing room to the right as soon as you enter.

The hallway I'm talking about is in the far right corner (to the left is the bench entrance). You have to make a right, pass a locker room (D, I think), then make a left at locker room E. Then it's a good walk -- with steps(?), and the press room is on the right. Is the PC room adjacent to the press room here?

Comment

It's been two years since I've been there, so I'm trying to jog my memory. I know we're both speaking of the large room (which is next to the press elevator, right?) right next to the ice. I assume that BU takes the large dressing room to the right as soon as you enter.

The hallway I'm talking about is in the far right corner (to the left is the bench entrance). You have to make a right, pass a locker room (D, I think), then make a left at locker room E. Then it's a good walk -- with steps(?), and the press room is on the right. Is the PC room adjacent to the press room here?
                      Okay, there is that turn if you are coming from the lobby area, the majority of the time the visiting team (depends on what else is going on - football screws the visitors, WIH game same day cuts down on space) also gets the room you pass. The hallway does not include steps and just isn't that long unless you are beyond feeble and should start using a motorized wheelchair. When you go into the workroom which opens into the press conference room, you have a choice of stairs or ramp.

Parker did not choose his spot or his decibel level because the media room was too far away.

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

No, but he Most likely didn't want to walk further from the bus when it was right outside the door.

Comment

No, but he Most likely didn't want to walk further from the bus when it was right outside the door.
                          And yet every coach who visits Agganis has to walk past their bus to get to the media room there.

Don't ask - I have no idea why I keep replying to this.

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                            Seventh in this week's poll. As dismayed as I am about this weekend's results I'm equally buoyed by the 7-3-5 start.
                            I can say that if you asked me at the start of the season if I'd be happy with a 7-3-5 start and a top ten ranking, I would have said "yes".
                            Thanks, JJ. Needed a little bit of positivity (is that a word?) after last weekend.

Hope the team knows they are pretty darn lucky to maintain a Top Ten especially after Friday.

Were only 3 voters watching BC fly around the ice in these two games?
                            Seriously, I expected to see a lot more support after the drubbings for BC.

It's all moot anyways for now. Let's wait 'til April and see who sits where.
                            On to Northeastern Wednesday (Wednesday!?!?!) night.

Comment

Right. Rankings now don't mean much. Rankings in March & April do.

That being said this is a young team that is off to a good start and needs to "win all the games you are supposed to and some of the games you aren't".

I hope they grow from this and keep on working.

The defense is very, very young and will be OK.

Escobedo, however, seems to be in a serious slump.
                              Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 12-07-2010, 07:24 AM.
                              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Wondering what JP said (or did) to the team today at practice (or back at BU after Saturday's game). He said he wasn't too pleased with the effort and that seems to be one of the the biggest issues now. I saw that several lines had adjustments made during the game. Is Parker tweaking or making statement reconfigurations? The defense seems totally out of sorts as well. Any clues or information?

Comment

Working...
                                X