This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 part II - The Hunt For Red November

If I can't find it there, I'm going to probably go to a bar and try to bribe a bartender to put it on for me.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
      If I can't find it there, I'm going to probably go to a bar and try to bribe a bartender to put it on for me.
      Maybe just drink, forget the game.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Maybe just drink, forget the game.
        haha. i was there and left after the 2nd period ended!! hit the cruise control button and opened up the blackbush
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Boy oh boy that was some asz-kicking. Boys vs. men out there.
          Go BU!

Comment

Mini-gallery is now complete - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2010/12/...on-university/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Where to begin...(I purposefully have not read any write-ups yet, want to give my uninfluenced impressions)

- save for the 1994 pasting at the hands of LSSU, I can't recall a "good" BU team looking so inept. It honestly seemed as though either a) 4 years of player development were taken away from every player on the team or b) the whole team had been drugged. Just terrible decisions, inability to catch a pass much less make one, players falling down for no apparent reason (I swear Escobedo fell on his butt four times by his own doing). To call it frustrating would be a major understatement. It almost got to the point that rather than be upset at the team, I was feeling sorry for them.
              - Joe Pereira should be in the stands tonight. I am sick of players taking penalties in the first minute or two of a game. Then he took at least two more, and they always seemed to be right as BU was gaining momentum. That is inexcusable for the captain, and he needs to take a seat for a night to think about it. And his goal doesn't sway me. Sahir's stick was two inches behind his and would have put that goal in if Joe hadn't.
              - I think if Parker had a JV team to pick from, that is the team we would se tonight. He'd sit everyone.
              - The team misses Connolly, Do they ever.
              - Needless to say, BC looked awesome (well, other than Muse).
              - What a wasted opportunity- that arena was hopping iike I haven't seen in some time. At least until the puck dropped. I told Scarlet before the game that I hoped there were some recruits on hand. I withdraw that statement.
              - I'd say the Escobedo cough up was a good summary of the whole night. You expect to see that kind of play from Mites and Squirts, not from D-1 college players.
              - It's been a few games since I have seen this team play. Coyle didn't seem to have much mojo tonight.
              Last edited by defkit; 12-04-2010, 06:41 AM.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                Boy oh boy that was some asz-kicking. Boys vs. men out there.
                Then there were the refs, who were neither. It's almost as though they decided to literally 'insert themselves into the game' like we expect sports officials not to do.
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  - It's been a few games since I have seen this team play. Coyle didn't seem to have much mojo tonight.
                  I thought Coyle looked pretty good out there actually. He might be the only guy that gave me a good impression last night from BU.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    I thought Coyle looked pretty good out there actually. He might be the only guy that gave me a good impression last night from BU.
                    was a minus 3. great impression there.......
                    also was on the ice for 2 of BC's power play goals which does not count in +/-. Thatsa lot of goals to be on ice for....
                    Last edited by Hokydad; 12-04-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

at least the fans got free chicken last night....
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

For those who haven't seen the video from last night, here's Josh Provost's postgame clips with Jack, Jerry and Cam Atkinson

Comment

Thanks for the recap defkit. This is the kind of stuff that is severely lacking around here of late. Especially when I miss the game.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

BU has some good young players, but they just can't match BC's talent AND experience this year. With BC looking at heavy losses to the pros next year, they should enjoy it while they can, because it could be a lot different story next year!

Comment

To FL, in regards to the question at the end of your live blog last night, it was not the first penalty shot at Agganis. UNH had one a few years back in their 7-4 win over BU (I think during the Bennett year). I don't know if there were any others, none jump out of my head, but I'm positive of that one.
                              time to write new history

Comment

One man's opinions...

By my observation, I didn't see one BC player pay the price for carrying the puck in the Grade A area or behind the net. I mean a clean check (shoulder to sternum) that makes a player think twice, not a slash, hook, etc. Of course, you have to be able to catch up to the guy before you can hit him, which wasn't in the cards last night. Also, BU didn't get the puck in front of the BC net once during the first two periods. I'll qualify my comments by stating that these things may have happened and I didn't see them since I had my face buried in my hands fairly often last night.
                                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                                X