Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Cloud
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Does it count as thread killing if it's only one post?

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. It think that I was better off before.
    It think you haven't been in tune with popular culture in about 30 years if you didn't get that one.

Leave a comment:

• burgie12
    replied

Originally posted by realet View Post
    December is not a time to worry about who is in and who is out.
    Tom, you're letting rational thought into the discussion. Tsk tsk.

Leave a comment:

• realet
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    An AIC win would actually make Union the first team out. FWIW, Dartmouth would also be in the tournament as of now.
    December is not a time to worry about who is in and who is out.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    11 as in 2011. 11 as in "our amplifiers go to 11". Why not make 10 louder? But this one goes to 11!

Your response makes the suggestion an obvious loser but I prefer Spinal Tap to comic book movies.
    Thanks for the explanation. It think that I was better off before.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I agree with that. The only way an AIC could help is that it would lower UC's RPI which could switch the comparison with them. It would probably hurt more in other areas in almost all situations.

Those AIC jerseys are hard to come by.
    An AIC win would actually make Union the first team out. FWIW, Dartmouth would also be in the tournament as of now.

Leave a comment:

• jmhusker
    replied

11?
    11 as in 2011. 11 as in "our amplifiers go to 11". Why not make 10 louder? But this one goes to 11!

Your response makes the suggestion an obvious loser but I prefer Spinal Tap to comic book movies.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
    the puppies will be whipped on saturday!
    haaaaaaa!!!!:d

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

RPI, though, is the determination of whether or not we are even considered for PWR points. We do not play AIC this year, so they are not a common opponent. I think we could safely say (safe enough to bet an AIC jersey on) that AIC will not be a TUC. Therefore, RPI, in this case, is the only component.
    I agree with that. The only way an AIC could help is that it would lower UC's RPI which could switch the comparison with them. It would probably hurt more in other areas in almost all situations.

Those AIC jerseys are hard to come by.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

There is more to PWR than just RPI, as you know. It is, however, the most important component.
    RPI, though, is the determination of whether or not we are even considered for PWR points. We do not play AIC this year, so they are not a common opponent. I think we could safely say (safe enough to bet an AIC jersey on) that AIC will not be a TUC. Therefore, RPI, in this case, is the only component.

Leave a comment:

• realet
    replied

Originally posted by mathkicks View Post
    Quick question halfway related to RPI hockey:

Does the result of the Union/AIC game on Friday affect RPI at all in ranking/seeding? I imagine we want Union to beat AIC (which I have to believe will happen anyway) but it would be satisfying to go to Achilles and cheer for AIC.
    As it pertains to the Ratings Percentage Index (really, the only thing we need to worry about with our opponents unless they are playing each other), you almost always want to root for ECAC teams in non-conference play no matter who they're playing. There are a few exceptions but AIC definitely isn't close to being one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

A Union victory keeps our RPI the same, all other outcomes would substantially lower our RPI. As for poll ranking, I don't think it would really affect us.

EDIT: My source is the slack.net site, where you can do what-ifs with the calculation.
    There is more to PWR than just RPI, as you know. It is, however, the most important component.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Does the result of the Union/AIC game on Friday affect RPI at all in ranking/seeding? I imagine we want Union to beat AIC (which I have to believe will happen anyway) but it would be satisfying to go to Achilles and cheer for AIC.
    A Union victory keeps our RPI the same, all other outcomes would substantially lower our RPI. As for poll ranking, I don't think it would really affect us.

EDIT: My source is the slack.net site, where you can do what-ifs with the calculation.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

By Grabthar's Hammer, you will be avenged!
    Can we incorporate this in our thread title?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Every game is figured in. It wouldn't surprise me if a Union would not count for Union since it might lower their RPI, but there will be secondary effects that will count. Conceivably an AIC win would cause us to pass Union. That would be good. I would root for Union only because an AIC win would cause more EZAC comments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X