Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

And, I love you two posters, and the enthusiasm that you bring to the thread.
    B12 thanks for the lovely sentiment. I take no offense and mean none towards anyone. Enjoy everyone on the board, everyone!!! B12, my best to you and yours for a joyous Christmas season and Happy New Year. God bless.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by IMO View Post
      RPI 2010-2011 Part III- Iron Men-Quest For The Third Title!
      RPI 2010-2011 Part III-Iron Men-Quest For Title Number 3!
      RPI2010-2011 Part III-Cardiac Kids-Quest For Title Number 3!
      As I wrote earlier, I like the Iron Men reference, and the addition of a reference to a third title improves it, however it may make sense to hold off on that title until later in the season. I'll go along with "RPI 2010-11 Part III: Red Cloud Returns" if RC will guarantee that he won't go off sulking again when someone posts something that he doesn't agree with, no matter how asinine it might actually be.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        As I wrote earlier, I like the Iron Men reference, and the addition of a reference to a third title improves it, however it may make sense to hold off on that title until later in the season. I'll go along with "RPI 2010-11 Part III: Red Cloud Returns" if RC will guarantee that he won't go off sulking again when someone posts something that he doesn't agree with, no matter how asinine it might actually be.
        You would know something about sulking, wouldn't you?

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        I acknowledge that he knows a great deal more about hockey than I ever will, but I just can't stand his vituperative putdowns of those who disagree with him.
        I am never vituperative. Opprobrious, yes, but never vituperative.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          You would know something about sulking, wouldn't you?
          I don't recall that I have ever threatened to stop posting here due to others posting things that I disagree with.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't recall that I have ever threatened to stop posting here due to others posting things that I disagree with.
            Nor have I. You have, however, been known to act like a whipped puppy when things don't go your way.

The reason I don't post anymore with any frequency is because this is the level of conversation around here, not to mention the non-stop pessimism. This place is a shell of what it once was.

Comment

Nor have I. You have, however, been known to act like a whipped puppy when things don't go your way.

The reason I don't post anymore with any frequency is because this is the level of conversation around here, not to mention the non-stop pessimism. This place is a shell of what it once was.
              The puppies will be whipped on Saturday!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

Exactly what I'm talking about.
                  Just trying to get the conversation back to hockey. I wasn't sulking.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The puppies will be whipped on Saturday!
                    RPI 2010-2011 Part III: Iron men whipping puppies
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      Now I am going to have to google that. What????
                      You may want to read the ENTIRE post, including what I had quoted. This wouldn't be the first time that hasn't happened.

Comment

This is fromYale Daily News. For those of that were there, this is a pretty good take on Fri.'s Yale game from Yale News outlet -
                        " RPI was able to contain Yale for long stretches by playing a physical game and preventing the Bulldogs from taking their customary number of shots. Yale managed only 24 shots against RPI, compared to 40 against Union."

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/20...08/at-the-top/
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I don't think that our effort to limit Yale on shots was just our defense but also our skating prowess. If you noticed in the U v Yale game it became a game of keep away for the Bulldogs. U could not keep up with them, that Miller kid just skated circles around them. I thought the committment to the conditioning was a big factor in the Yale game for us. Good news is we hung with the best team in the nation. Again, I think the guys in stripes didn't let the players decide this one but were right there as being one of the best teams in the country.

Comment

This is fromYale Daily News. For those of that were there, this is a pretty good take on Fri.'s Yale game from Yale News outlet -
                            " RPI was able to contain Yale for long stretches by playing a physical game and preventing the Bulldogs from taking their customary number of shots. Yale managed only 24 shots against RPI, compared to 40 against Union."

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/20...08/at-the-top/
                            RPI doesn't belong to the WHCA, so they couldn't skate around us.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't think that our effort to limit Yale on shots was just our defense but also our skating prowess. If you noticed in the U v Yale game it became a game of keep away for the Bulldogs. U could not keep up with them, that Miller kid just skated circles around them. I thought the committment to the conditioning was a big factor in the Yale game for us. Good news is we hung with the best team in the nation. Again, I think the guys in stripes didn't let the players decide this one but were right there as being one of the best teams in the country.
                              If anything, that would also be a very good reason as to why USMA Colorado Springs won. Typically the service academies are extremely well conditioned, and even we had difficulty playing against West Point last year. I would venture a guess that West Point, if they had Yale on the schedule, could also win.

The legs feed the wolf.

Comment

Just trying to get the conversation back to hockey.
                                There's something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X