Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    Appert's quotes about Rogic tell a pretty big story IMO - we as a team very frequently go to a short bench and sometimes roll just 2 lines in tough or close games. The fact that SA had Rogic's 3rd line out matching up against Brown's top line all night shows what kind of faith the coach is developing in his supporting players. If we are a team that is going to make noise nationally, we are going to need to depend on 3+ lines to do so.
    Great point GR. I think this is why we give up late goals because at the end of games the top lines and D corps are out there for extended periods of time.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Sorry RC, you lumberjacks up that way are all the same to me.
      Wow what a pithy comeback. Is that all you got?
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        So does Ralph have reason to be pessimistic? I tend to think no. Don't ask me why as I have not gone that far into my brain today. I just sense that both York and Columbus will do really wonderful things together...a little ways down the road...
        I think you're right Babo? Not only because you're drop dead gougeous but I have heard that most goalies don't really develop until there in there mid 20's. Of course there are the rare cases.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Not only because you're drop dead gougeous
          ...you must 'bae from Geogia...'...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Yale is the ideal training ground of Presidents -- they learn how to distort the news there.
            Yales skates circles around the truth.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Wow what a pithy comeback. Is that all you got?
              OK, I admit it, I am full of pith! Off to see Union at Yale, should be another good game.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Sorry RC, you lumberjacks up that way are all the same to me.
                I accept your admission that you are clueless, Johnny Come Lately.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Union's effort vs. Yale makes our closely fought, decided-by-penalties game that much more impressive. Couple that with a dominant performance over Brown and it's possible we'll leapfrog Union in the polls.

Looking forward to next week's game vs. BU; hopefully we'll have at least one of our injured centers back.
                  RPI Class of 2012
                  Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Yale could wind up the #1 team in the country. When was the last time an ECAC team reached that peak?
                    RPI certainly showed that they could play with Yale even down a few players. I am glad that I already have my tickets for the freakout.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Yale could wind up the #1 team in the country. When was the last time an ECAC team reached that peak?
                      RPI certainly showed that they could play with Yale even down a few players. I am glad that I already have my tickets for the freakout.
                      I don't think it has happened since UVM with Perrin & St. Louis. Did any ECAC teams find a way to beat UVM when they were #1?

Comment

Cornell was ranked #1 in the final poll of the 2002-03 season, it is the only time an ECAC team has ever been #1 in the USCHO poll, until tomorrow.

I am certain that other ECAC teams have been ranked #1 in the USA Today poll in the past (USCHO poll has only existed since 1997-98) - Vermont comes to mind.
                        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

I am glad that I already have my tickets for the freakout.
                          I am glad we have our tickets for Atlantic City.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

OK, I admit it, I am full of pith! Off to see Union at Yale, should be another good game.
                            Just watched the Y take down the U...very impressive.....Union is a trapping shut down type of team to hang 5 on them is as I said impressive....I won't concede Yale #1 just because I can't....but I will put a blanket over the top 5....welcome to our board you giveth and you taketh....a recipe for success.......Congrats
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                              Union's effort vs. Yale makes our closely fought, decided-by-penalties game that much more impressive. Couple that with a dominant performance over Brown and it's possible we'll leapfrog Union in the polls.
                              Ken Schott will still have Union over us on his ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                                BTW...met Troyboy and Aspydad...it was a pleasure!!! They look like they can cause some trouble together...

Knocked on the glass and waved to Red Cloud in the broadcast booth...he smiled but I don't think he knew who I was...

Sat with G Russinko, his lovely young lady and the Engineer road crew. They make enough noise that it got under the skin of the Yale fans around us...how great was that?
                                I'm chiming in a bit late here (especially since GRussinko beat me to this), but you win the "classy fan of the night" award for getting our entire row to turn around and let things cool down when York was hurt. I think three or four of us all decided we'd had enough of that guy behind us at the exact same time, but you're right - we should've just let him ramble on to himself.

I think everything's been said about Friday night's game, but I was proud of RPI for sticking that close to Yale and fighting back during the end of the 2nd and the 3rd periods. In a different penalty situation, I truly think we could've skated out of there with a tie or a win. (And holy cow, was I happy to see Allen's name on the box score for the Brown game.)
                                RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Working...
                                X