Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Interesting that Kincaid was nominated for GotW and York wasn't.
    Why interesting? We badly outshot Union on the weekend...

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
      Why interesting? We badly outshot Union on the weekend...
      55-43. I guess that is a wide advantage.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        I had purchased this game through the Union athletics webstream service. That clip that Appert showed of the game was the same video that I watched from home but in color. Once the game is listed in the archives, I should be able to watch it again and Ill see if I can get the end of the game posted online someplace.
        Heres a different angle of the disallowed goal from Friday night, starts around the 2:35 mark. Still cant really see much except Kinkaid on his knees with his head down when the red light goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvTUUd1BcpA&feature=fvwk

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Heres a different angle of the disallowed goal from Friday night, starts around the 2:35 mark. Still cant really see much except Kinkaid on his knees with his head down when the red light goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvTUUd1BcpA&feature=fvwk
          Thanks for the link-but I cannot really see much to conclude there was any sort of interference on the play. One would think that kind of call should have to be overt and obvious to be whistled in the last few seconds of play. Perhaps we can get a better view posted at some time.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            So were the Tennessee Titans in the Super Bowl the year of the Music City Illegal Forward Pass (actually 1 yard, but the same difference nonetheless). We have to find a way to gain that inch, otherwise, come the end of the season, we may just be supremely disappointed.
            I do agree - gotta score to win. Given everything else this year (loss of JDA, BP, Red Cloud , and JL not arriving), to say that we are basically 1 goal a game away from the NCAAs is huge. Still a young team - ton of potential this year but the next few are really going to be fun !!

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
              I do agree - gotta score to win. Given everything else this year (loss of JDA, BP, Red Cloud , and JL not arriving), to say that we are basically 1 goal a game away from the NCAAs is huge. Still a young team - ton of potential this year but the next few are really going to be fun !!
              The defense could be solid for years to come-if no one bolts to the pros-the offense will sorely need to replace Chase and Tyler next year. I suspect JL and Neal will be more than adequate offense. It looks good for Troy for the near future.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Just posted about it this morning. Koudys is a B and Higgs a C. http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3...all%202010.pdf. Koudys is the only B in the ECAC.

Now to post on the recruit thread.

Edit: It's just a guess, but I think the asterisk to right of Koudys' weight indicates that he participated in that camp over the summer.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-16-2010, 03:05 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

After his ill-advised selection for ECAC PotW, Brian Sullivan has a nice discussion about RPI and Union's games over the past weekend http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/2010/11/16/lucky-no-7/.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    After his ill-advised selection for ECAC PotW, Brian Sullivan has a nice discussion about RPI and Union's games over the past weekend http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/2010/11/16/lucky-no-7/.
                    He originally had Nick Bailen as a rookie, but I don't know if Nick would have been chosen anyway.

Comment

Seth Appert has received a 1-game suspension (to be served during the UConn game) for last Friday's postgame actions. Fu** you, Steve Hagwell

Official Release: http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1...ach_Appert.pdf
                      Last edited by JCrawford; 11-17-2010, 03:06 PM. Reason: Added link to ECAC Press Release

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                        Seth Appert has received a 1-game suspension (to be served during the UConn game) for last Friday's postgame actions. Fu** you, Steve Hagwell
                        http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...y-ecac-hockey/
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The ECAC leadership is a joke.

Comment

Props to Appert for standing up for his kids and making a statement. I would've done the same thing. But, the suspension is deserved. (There, AD, I reworded what I attempted to say on Saturday. Does it read better now?)
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

How about they suspend the referees that made that terrible call, but that would go a long way towards having more consistent refereeing. We wouldn't want that, would we?

In all honesty, ECAC leadership is a joke, but being a zebra is tough ****.

Comment

While the ECAC front office is a laughing stock which we all recognize, at least give props to Hagwell for delaying the suspension until a game that doesn't matter. If it had been effective for Saturday's Union game there would have been riots in the streets of Troy.
                                APBWiki

Comment

Working...
                                X