Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

mackek2,

I saw your video in the Test forum. Although the USCHO moderators are probably even more unpredictable than ECAC refs, I suspect that they won't like the fact that the video autoplays. Why not make the watcher click the play button? Then again, it is easy enough to turn it off once it starts. It isn't as if you have hidden the control. JMHO.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      mackek2,

I saw your video in the Test forum. Although the USCHO moderators are probably even more unpredictable than ECAC refs, I suspect that they won't like the fact that the video autoplays. Why not make the watcher click the play button? Then again, it is easy enough to turn it off once it starts. It isn't as if you have hidden the control. JMHO.
      Ralph, what browser and OS are you using? Sometimes there is dependence upon this. I know you have seen issues whereas I (using Firefox for Linux) have not, and vice versa. I realize the RPI-TV representatives don't have every possible combination of OS and Browser, but I think between us (being all of the regular RPI posters) and them, we can get a good basis for what works and what does not.

EDIT: In my case, the video autoplays, although I am currently using Firefox for Windows XP. Based upon the title of the thread, it seems like that's the point.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-16-2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Ralph, what browser and OS are you using? Sometimes there is dependence upon this. I know you have seen issues whereas I (using Firefox for Linux) have not, and vice versa. I realize the RPI-TV representatives don't have every possible combination of OS and Browser, but I think between us (being all of the regular RPI posters) and them, we can get a good basis for what works and what does not.

EDIT: In my case, the video autoplays, although I am currently using Firefox for Windows. Based upon the title of the thread, it seems like that's the point.
        I am using IE8 and Vista. I also just tested it with Chrome and Vista. Both autoplay as intended.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Just a quick note for the football fans-RPI was selected to play against St John Fisher in an ECAC Playoff game (but not NCAA Division III championship series). Historically we have done extremely well in these playoff games. In fact, I cannot remember losing any of them( I believe we are 8-0). We have only lost games in the NCAA Tournament. Congrats to coach King and the boys for being selected for a playoff game for the 8th time in the past 10 years. Go Red!!(It will at least hopefully keep Kurt busy for one more weekend game)

BTW-during the early mid 60's when I followed RPI football as a student we were 1-25-1. Not exactly playoff worthy!
          St. John Fisher plays in the Empire 8 conference (the name is interesting, considering that there are only six members in football and not all of them are located in the Empire State). They finished in a three-way tie (with Springfield and Ithaca) for second place, with a conference record of 3-2. They won all five of their out-of-conference games, so their overall record is 8-2.

RPI played two Empire 8 teams this season, Alfred and Utica. RPI beat Alfred, 27-24, but lost decisively to Utica, 42-21.

Guessing game - Which team won the Empire 8 championship with a perfect 5-0 conference record? Which team finished dead last at 0-5?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            St. John Fisher plays in the Empire 8 conference (the name is interesting, considering that there are only six members in football and not all of them are located in the Empire State). They finished in a three-way tie (with Springfield and Ithaca) for second place, with a conference record of 3-2. They won all five of their out-of-conference games, so their overall record is 8-2.

RPI played two Empire 8 teams this season, Alfred and Utica. RPI beat Alfred, 27-24, but lost decisively to Utica, 42-21.

Guessing game - Which team won the Empire 8 championship with a perfect 5-0 conference record? Which team finished dead last at 0-5?
            Alfred went Hawaii, and Utica went Iiawah.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Fascinating that we could beat the best of that league and lose to the last place team. This kind of described our season. We beat Union and Hobart (a rare feat for us in the same year) and lost to SLU who won the conference but was only 5-5 for the season. If we beat SLU we are in the NCAA tournament-but like SLU would probably draw Mt Union which will be an embarrassing defeat. I suspect MU will be a 45 point favorite over SLU. St John Fisher will be tough enough for us but it sure would be nice to keep our perfect record in ECAC playoff games intact. Go Red!!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Senna-we are averaging about 2.55 goals per game offensively-move that up a goal a game to 3.55 and keep the defense at their current level and we could be an NCAA tournament team.
                That was exactly my point (or what I intended). This team is an inch away, and that's why I'm so excited overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                  That was exactly my point (or what I intended). This team is an inch away, and that's why I'm so excited overall.
                  So were the Tennessee Titans in the Super Bowl the year of the Music City Illegal Forward Pass (actually 1 yard, but the same difference nonetheless). We have to find a way to gain that inch, otherwise, come the end of the season, we may just be supremely disappointed.

Comment

Great weekend of hockey even with some mediocre officiating. Atmosphere was pretty much what college hockey is all about. What happened to the horn at the fieldhouse?

Comment

mackek2,

Yeah, before I start letting everybody embed I am going to disable auto-play. This is using a generic config file which has autoplay enabled.

What do you mean ECAC refs are unpredictable? At this point we have a pretty good idea as to who is going to be bad even before the game starts.
                      Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Great weekend of hockey even with some mediocre officiating. Atmosphere was pretty much what college hockey is all about. What happened to the horn at the fieldhouse?
                        During the WRPI broadcast, they stated that the horn was on the fritz, so they were piping one in through the PA. No further explanation was given.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post
                          What do you mean ECAC refs are unpredictable? At this point we have a pretty good idea as to who is going to be bad even before the game starts.
                          E.g., I was quite shocked that the officials didn't find a bogus reason for calling a penalty on RPI in OT.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Patrick Koudys remains at #28 overall for the November Int'l Scouting Services (ISS) top 30 list, he's moved up to the 9th ranked Dman, he was 11th last month.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._november2010/

28 Koudys, Patrick (Fr.), LD 11/15/92 L 6.02.25 195 Rensselaer ECAC

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                              Patrick Koudys remains at #28 overall for the November Int'l Scouting Services (ISS) top 30 list, he's moved up to the 9th ranked Dman, he was 11th last month.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article..._november2010/
                              Shouldn't the NHL CSB be releasing their first lists of college players and Tier I junior league players (including the USHL) soon?
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-16-2010, 09:15 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Shouldn't the NHL CSB be releasing their first lists of college players and Tier I junior league players (inluding the USHL) soon?
                                I would think it should be out rather soon, the other list has been out for quite some time now.

Comment

Working...
                                X