Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    RB - I missed the post game wrapups. What is JFKs injury? I did see him soak a very heavy shot at Union on Friday...
    Wicked-Broken hand. Not sure which bone but he is casted and out. Hard to say for how long but a hand can be something that heals quickly. If nothing is displaced and he can keep it in a position of flexion we may not have him out as long as first thought.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by AspyDad
      SA addresses in the following video. He was a little vague. Glad to see your back, I thought you may have quit the board. I did.
      http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2010/nov/13/559/
      It's funny how those who quit the board still post...

One thing I did hear about the injury is that one of the fingers was hyper-extended and bent in the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        It's funny how those who quit the board still post...

One thing I did hear about the injury is that one of the fingers was hyper-extended and bent in the opposite direction.
        If that is the extent of the injury-he will be back in the line up in short order (couple weeks). I had been given the indication it was a broken bone and felt that would of course take longer depending on which bone is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          If that is the extent of the injury-he will be back in the line up in short order (couple weeks). I had been given the indication it was a broken bone and felt that would of course take longer depending on which bone is involved.
          One of my friends overheard a conversation Mr. Kennedy (senior) was having with a fan, and that's what it sounded like, maybe 4-5 weeks. My friend and I agree that if this is the case, play it safe and bring him back to action for the CCT/SLU weekend.

Comment

It's quite interesting so far that in the first 11 games-we have not lost any game that we scored 2 goals or more. That is a tremendous statement made by our defense.

Comment

One of my friends overheard a conversation Mr. Kennedy (senior) was having with a fan, and that's what it sounded like, maybe 4-5 weeks. My friend and I agree that if this is the case, play it safe and bring him back to action for the CCT/SLU weekend.
              I overheard a conversation with his girlfriend, and she seemed to believe that there was a bone broken in the hand, and one of his fingers was shattered. They had not casted it by Saturday's game because they were uncertain if a pin had to be put in in the finger. It was casted today in class (fore and middle finger). I'm not sure how far it went up the wrist / arm.

I also expect him to be back after New Year's, likely against CCT / SLU or the other Red and toothpaste.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                I overheard a conversation with his girlfriend, and she seemed to believe that there was a bone broken in the hand, and one of his fingers was shattered. They had not casted it by Saturday's game because they were uncertain if a pin had to be put in in the finger. It was casted today in class (fore and middle finger). I'm not sure how far it went up the wrist / arm.

I also expect him to be back after New Year's, likely against CCT / SLU or the other Red and toothpaste.
                Good info Burgie-remember a hand injury is almost never as bad as other injuries-the only real question will be when JFK will be able to hold a stick(and of course which hand is the dominant hand). Leg injuries of all types(ankles and knees) are horrible to predict. Shoulders are also bad and of course head injuries can mean extended periods of rehabilitation. JFK impresses me as being tough as nails-whatever this injury turns out to be-expect him back on the ice the day he can be. Here's hoping that is real soon.

Comment

I'm new to posting here, but have been following these threads for the better part of three years. I really appreciate the various incites and opinions these boards have to offer.
                  I now have a question...what is the best way to get an authentic RPI jersey (complete with player name and number)? The only place I've seen the jerseys is at the bookstore, and they don't seem authentic to me and they of course don't have the customization.

Comment

Good info Burgie-remember a hand injury is almost never as bad as other injuries-the only real question will be when JFK will be able to hold a stick(and of course which hand is the dominant hand). Leg injuries of all types(ankles and knees) are horrible to predict. Shoulders are also bad and of course head injuries can mean extended periods of rehabilitation. JFK impresses me as being tough as nails-whatever this injury turns out to be-expect him back on the ice the day he can be. Here's hoping that is real soon.
                    I believe it is his left hand that is injured.

Comment

After 11 games our defense has been sterling-if our offense had kept up we would have won at least 2 if not 3 more games (Harvard and one or both Union games that we lost and tied and perhaps the loss at CC). With JFK out now, we cannot afford any more injuries on defense. Sure we could move Brutlag back there or go with 5 defensemen at times-but this unit of 6 is playing like a machine. If the offense starts to put 3-4 goals in per game and some of it comes from lines other than Polacek and Helfrich-we will be one of the toughest teams in the country not only the ECAC to play against.
                      Your last sentance is dead on. This team is within a goal or so a game to being top of the charts.

Comment

It's quite interesting so far that in the first 11 games-we have not lost any game that we scored 2 goals or more. That is a tremendous statement made by our defense.
                        Streaming thru the thread and now see this - seems as though the good Doctor and I are thinking the same way on this....I'm loving the overall defensive play this year. Someone posted that the games are wars, and its true and exciting to watch. You cannot win games consistently at any level when giving up 3, 4 or more. We are not. Now layer on an extra goal per game (or more) and the numbers will really start accumulating in the "W" column.

Comment

Hey, DocD, what would your prognosis be of the following injury: Broken thumb-- linear type fracture along the bone? E-mail me your bill.

Comment

On top of this, every single loss we have had this year (minus the exhibition game) has been by 1 goal. You could interpret this as saying the games could have gone either way.

On the flip side, two of our wins (Niagara, Union @ home) were in overtime. The exact same thing could be said.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                              Streaming thru the thread and now see this - seems as though the good Doctor and I are thinking the same way on this....I'm loving the overall defensive play this year. Someone posted that the games are wars, and its true and exciting to watch. You cannot win games consistently at any level when giving up 3, 4 or more. We are not. Now layer on an extra goal per game (or more) and the numbers will really start accumulating in the "W" column.
                              FWIW, we are #2 in the nation in scoring defense. Interestingly, the top three teams are all ECAC squads (Harvard, RPI, Union).

Comment

On top of this, every single loss we have had this year (minus the exhibition game) has been by 1 goal. You could interpret this as saying the games could have gone either way.

On the flip side, two of our wins (Niagara, Union @ home) were in overtime. The exact same thing could be said.
                                Or you could just say that good teams win the close games.

Comment

Working...
                                X