Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Whoa, what just happened to RPITV's website? I wanted to take a second look at some of the games and I only see two Brown games. On top of this, it's automatically going to beta.rpitv.org ....
    Oh no, now people know about my beta site!

Any body have any feature requests? I am considering adding slow motion to the video player. How about embedding clips, or specific sub-clips (specifying an offset of when to start playing) right here into the forum? Would comments on the page be cool / useful? Let me know if you have any ideas. It is just me doing development, but I enjoy a good challenge!
    Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post

Any body have any feature requests? I am considering adding slow motion to the video player. How about embedding clips, or specific sub-clips (specifying an offset of when to start playing) right here into the forum? Would comments on the page be cool / useful? Let me know if you have any ideas. It is just me doing development, but I enjoy a good challenge!
      Slow motion would definitely be useful.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have some very exciting statistics from traffic for today. As most people would probably expect, this has been a very popular game on our website, and it is looking like it may be our most popular sports production ever (at least our most popular non-live production. The two brown games that we streamed live last semester totaled, over the course of about 6 hours of stream time, 812 hours of viewer time). I will post some statistics tomorrow when google is finished crunching the numbers.
        Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Originally posted by mackek2 View Post

I like the idea of embedding specific sub-clips into the forum. Precision on where to start the player is also a bit tough, as it seems to be in about 20-30 second intervals. I know that's one thing one of "your competitors" started doing a while ago is, within the comments, specifying a time in the film, and when you click it, the video goes to that time. Obviously comments is kind of tough because, since it is a college website, I think the comments should be kept G-Rated, and you'd have to spend time moderating. People could always comment on here, as we could have an up-to-one-page discussion about a video. Maybe an entry box as a go-to function, where you would insert a time, and the player would go to that time.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            I wasn't ridiculing you AD. The 1st line was a cheap joke from Seinfeld. The 2nd was my attempt to respond to you in the way RC probably would have if someone on this thread made the same comments about just about any other poster here. So in a way, I'm just showing you part of what you were missing. So please... relax.

I would comment more frequently myself except being in the Boston area I see more of other D1 teams than RPI (sadly) and I prefer not to comment unless someone says something that interests me or I actually hear something that I believe is worth sharing. When I don't then I tend to just peruse what everyone here has to say - and I skim the game summaries because, and this is also sad I know, but I find scrolling through the comments and waiting for one of Ralph's celebrations to appear to be more stimulating than actually listening to the radio broadcast. I also find Dr' D's reliably pessimistic comments that he throws out whenever things go south somehow grounding in nature. Anyhow.. enough non-hockey...

Someone a while back stated that JFK may be our worst D-Man these days and at the time I almost replied to say that I could not agree more. I know he brings great leadership, but it would not surprise me if we actually do better over the next couple of weeks while he mends - so long as he stays in the locker room and keeps the underclassmen geared up.
            Thanks for the plug JMH-my pessimism is rooted in 47 years of watching so many missed opportunities by what is often a very good RPI team. I have been fortunate enough to get to see most of the great triumphs for this program. But i have also had to endure some of the worst disappointments. I have lived RPI hockey for most of 5 or 6 months every year since the early 60's and I have learned to temper all of the enthusiasm that happens after a great win(like this last one against Union on Saturday) with the next poor showings(and last minute losses). I remember clearly how depressing it felt to lose to SLU and North Dakota early in the 84-85 season. If we had this board then I probably would have posted that the team was going down the drain.

I also agree with you that JFK is certainly not our best defenseman right now-perhaps because we have improved defensively so much this year. He is a solid defensive defenseman but would be low on the depth chart for most any other Division I team. But his value to this team cannot be stated enough-he is a force that does not back down and we need him out there-although you are correct that we may well do better without him in the short term.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 11-15-2010, 06:58 AM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Can someone tell me how E. Stewart Jones can sponsor powerplays for both RPI and the visiting team? Doesn't that constitute a conflict of interest? Does he get a third of all goals scored? I think the bar association may want to look into this.
              I'm not sure, but I hope that this sponsorship changes when a certain referee is in town... Although he may find it in his best interest to swallow his whistle the whole night.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-15-2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                That reminds me, Coach Appert has got to stop saying in post-game interviews "we played good". It is getting quite grating.
                I don't mind it at all RB-when they indeed have played GOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I don't mind it at all RB-when they indeed have played GOOD!
                  I think someone missed the point here, and I am stunned to see RB bring this to attention. He should be saying, "We played well."

Comment

I think someone missed the point here, and I am stunned to see RB bring this to attention. He should be saying, "We played well."
                    Dude-I missed nothing-That is why I capitalized the word-relax and take something to calm down. Xanax can work wonders.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Dude-I missed nothing-That is why I capitalized the word-relax and take something to calm down. Xanax can work wonders.
                      Do NJ prescriptions carry up here?

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

The only reason that I mentioned it was because AspyDad mentioned grammar. I know very well that I make a lot of grammar and spelling errors, some of which I catch and then I edit my post. There is a lot about correct English grammar that I don't think that I ever learned. OTOH, there are some grammar errors that I find irritating, one being "well vs. good" another being "fewer vs. less".

BTW, I am very often surprised as to which games SA describes as well played.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-15-2010, 07:27 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          The only reason that I mentioned it was because AspyDad mentioned grammar. I know very well that I make a lot of grammar and spelling errors, some of which I catch and then I edit my post. There is a lot about correct English grammar that I don't think that I ever learned. OTOH, there are some grammar errors that I find irritating, one being "well vs. good" another being "fewer vs. less".

BTW, I am very often surprised as to which games SA describes as well played.
                          I'm not. Coach cares about what the scoresheet doesn't tell you. Are we finishing checks? Are we getting faceoffs? Are we winning puck battles along the boards? Are we crisply passing when working the puck around the points? Are we backchecking?

Winning faceoffs: Look what that brought us on Saturday, a SHG. Finishing checks: We really wore Union down during that first period to where they started taking penalties, and we received the opportunity we needed to get back in the game. How about Mike Bergin's patience at the end?

Comment

Lets get back to the games!!!!!

What happened on Friday night is ridiculous. I thought that sat nights game was amazing.

There were moments where i thought that RPI was done, but they surprised me and battled the entire game. Great win on Sat.

I thought that the officials on Friday were dog s--t and the guys on sat did a good job.
                            The sat refs called what need to be called and called a fair game. I had the opportunity to talk to seth about the first goal waved off on sat night and he agreed with the ref that it was the right call and the refs expiation was, the goalie was run into by a union and rpi player not giving him the ability to play the puck. No penalty just a stoppage before the puck goes in to the net. Seth said he was happy with the guys who worked on sat but still had a terrible taste in his mouth about Friday night.
                            Last edited by hockeyguy; 11-15-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Do NJ prescriptions carry up here?
                              I also have a NY license-We split our time between NJ and the Adirondacks-although this winter we may not drive up much. Just kidding with the Xanax-Valium is still better and neither is in the running against Quaaludes(unfortunately no longer made)

Comment

I'm not. Coach cares about what the scoresheet doesn't tell you. Are we finishing checks? Are we getting faceoffs? Are we winning puck battles along the boards? Are we crisply passing when working the puck around the points? Are we backchecking?

Winning faceoffs: Look what that brought us on Saturday, a SHG. Finishing checks: We really wore Union down during that first period to where they started taking penalties, and we received the opportunity we needed to get back in the game. How about Mike Bergin's patience at the end?
                                Bergin made several good plays-he seemed to pinch at just the right time on several occassions. That last second goal does not happen without his effort throughout the last minute on the power play. Perhaps he has come out of his funk-he was a bit lackluster at times in previous games. He has considerable talent but at times seems to be coasting out there. But in his defense I have seen some world class defensemen seem that way also-just moving fast enough until called upon to turn it all on at full speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X