Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Whoa, what just happened to RPITV's website? I wanted to take a second look at some of the games and I only see two Brown games. On top of this, it's automatically going to beta.rpitv.org ....
    Thanks for the report; we're working on it. Email rpitv@union.rpi.edu next time rather than clogging the thread =)

EDIT: Looks like we're back.
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by AspyDad
      First Red Cloud now Fishcore12 leaving. I was having some fun with the petition thing and you guys take it soooooooo serious. I'll take the break, you stay fishcore12. You can complain about the passionate fans yelling stuff at the refs or whatever. I want to be with those people who care enough to voice their opinions. Listen to Nick Bailen about the atmosphere and crowd last night. If it was up to some of you on this board you would nitpick the sh** out of them over their grammar when they yell. Let me get real for a second. The reason that I frequent the board is that I have a special needs child and I like to get on the board and have a laugh or find about a recruit to take a break but guys like you take yourself and this endeavor so serious that you have sucked the fun out of it. It's a board about hockey not a literary work. Lighten up. Stop the thought police stuff.
      Please stay. Im done with this stuff anyways. This place is a good place for people to express their passion and feelings on RPI hockey and the program. It has been fun while I posted. Never thought anything put on the internet would get people so worked up. I have never been serious about what I put on here but thats your opinion and your entitled to it by all means. I will continue going to the games and cheering on a program I grew up watching and never turned my back on when times got tough or people made fun of me for following college hockey. Thanks to everyone on here for putting up with my crap and stupid attempts at humor or whatever. Let me finish by saying Lets Go Red
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I lied. This is my last post for awhile. It figures you're a Devils fan, they invented the trap.
        Aspy-the trap goes back a long time-I remember it being used by the Czechs against the Russians in the early 70's and even the Swedish teams using it. Montreal under Scotty Bowman was very successful with it. The Devils did not invent it by any means-they just refined it.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

No, I quit first. Don't be so senistive. That was my point, have fun. We're all RPI fans. That's the common bond. So stay and take shots at me. But for God's sake would you get another NHL team.
          http://firstchurchofrpihockey.wikisp...+of+RPI+Hockey

IX.
          Thou shalt not bicker with thy fellow fans

Comment

It too bad that people like you ridicule others for reaching out. Oh well, I'll take you as a no.
            I wasn't ridiculing you AD. The 1st line was a cheap joke from Seinfeld. The 2nd was my attempt to respond to you in the way RC probably would have if someone on this thread made the same comments about just about any other poster here. So in a way, I'm just showing you part of what you were missing. So please... relax.

I would comment more frequently myself except being in the Boston area I see more of other D1 teams than RPI (sadly) and I prefer not to comment unless someone says something that interests me or I actually hear something that I believe is worth sharing. When I don't then I tend to just peruse what everyone here has to say - and I skim the game summaries because, and this is also sad I know, but I find scrolling through the comments and waiting for one of Ralph's celebrations to appear to be more stimulating than actually listening to the radio broadcast. I also find Dr' D's reliably pessimistic comments that he throws out whenever things go south somehow grounding in nature. Anyhow.. enough non-hockey...

Someone a while back stated that JFK may be our worst D-Man these days and at the time I almost replied to say that I could not agree more. I know he brings great leadership, but it would not surprise me if we actually do better over the next couple of weeks while he mends - so long as he stays in the locker room and keeps the underclassmen geared up.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              Great job by WRPI's color guy as well. Perfect description of the play with the proper amount of excitement. Regardless, nice job with the videos, they're great.
              Agreed. Nice job by both RPI TV and the radio crew. Puck is clearly in befor the buzzer. Lve the overhead shot of the bench too.

Comment

Interesting quote from Adam Woden (College Hockey News) from his game notes on Friday's game. " Friday, RPI had a potential tying goal disallowed with 7.6 seconds remaining when the officials made a seemingly bizarre call for goaltender interference." And that's it, I am done with this board. I quit.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

So yeah, about hockey...
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I stand corrected DrD. Jacques Lemaire learned it from Bowman. Why am I still posting, I mean it this time, I quit. I will miss you DrD.
                    And Scotty Bowman learned it from Toe Blake. The trap goes back to the beginning of this game. Defense has always been at the heart of hockey.
                    As for the Devils, I know that a lot of people hate them for the trap that they played, and some of you have even threatened to stop rooting for the Engineers if they ever played it.
                    But as a Devils fan, it was great to celebrate those three cups, and if the Engineers were to win a national championship using that tactic, I would jump for joy.
                    And one last note, there is no need for anyone to leave this thread. Everyone here has made excellent comments on the state of Engineer hockey. We all love this team and we can use all the fans we have.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

I do disagree with this assessment. John has been stellar this year. He was awesome at Union. I don't know if you were at Northeastern but he was terrific, saved our bacon several times. We need him to be a partner w/ one of the freshman D-Man. What a great young man too. Meant him several times and whenever he sees me always says hello. Went to summer practice at Knick and was great to spectators. We need the Captain back. Solid player.
                      He's an incredible defensive defenseman. Don't expect him to hit the scoresheet unless it's a penalty or there's a real sieve there (or in the case of his first collegiate goal, sieve perfection). However, as much as "They don't ask how, they ask how many" (quoted from the captain himself), the stuff you don't see on the scoresheet can really be a determining factor to whether the stuff that gets on the scoresheet actually happens, and that's what we get from Kennedy, and at the end of the day, that's the process that Coach is looking for, and it leads to the great chances.

Comment

Why are you replying to my posts. I quit Dude. Don't you get it. I'm finished. He scored that goal against Q right?
                        Yes he did, on an empty net, hence "sieve perfection".

Comment

Can someone tell me how E. Stewart Jones can sponsor powerplays for both RPI and the visiting team? Doesn't that constitute a conflict of interest? Does he get a third of all goals scored? I think the bar association may want to look into this.

Comment

I do disagree with this assessment. John has been stellar this year. He was awesome at Union. I don't know if you were at Northeastern but he was terrific, saved our bacon several times. We need him to be a partner w/ one of the freshman D-Man. What a great young man too. Meant him several times and whenever he sees me always says hello. Went to summer practice at Knick and was great to spectators. We need the Captain back. Solid player.
                            Actually I was at northeastern and it was that game that led me to my conclusion. He clearly does not see the ice as well as the other D men (from an offensive perspective). He also doesn't skate as well. He missed a couple of easy clears in that game too.

Don't get me wrong though - I'm not knocking him. He does work his tail off though and has a load of heart. I just think we have an embarrassment of riches on D now. Perhaps part of the reason for my conclusion is because it was the first time seeing Bailen who was extremely impressive while the freshman D played pretty well too.

Comment

Defensive defensivemen and defensive offensivemen are completely misunderstood to those that only watch the score sheet and don't understand their role on a team. Kennedy deserves a standing ovation for his play against Union on Friday night.

Comment

First Red Cloud now Fishcore12 leaving. I was having some fun with the petition thing and you guys take it soooooooo serious. I'll take the break, you stay fishcore12. You can complain about the passionate fans yelling stuff at the refs or whatever. I want to be with those people who care enough to voice their opinions. Listen to Nick Bailen about the atmosphere and crowd last night. If it was up to some of you on this board you would nitpick the sh** out of them over their grammar when they yell. Let me get real for a second. The reason that I frequent the board is that I have a special needs child and I like to get on the board and have a laugh or find about a recruit to take a break but guys like you take yourself and this endeavor so serious that you have sucked the fun out of it. It's a board about hockey not a literary work. Lighten up. Stop the thought police stuff.
                                That reminds me, Coach Appert has got to stop saying in post-game interviews "we played good". It is getting quite grating.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X