Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

After watching the post game and reading Ed Weavers column there seemed to be an insinuation that U got the shaft in penalties....just not the case.....If you factor in the 15 min handed out to Ingolsby for
    hitting from behind (well deserved) the totals then become RPI...8/16 Union...7/14 pretty even when I went to school.
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
      After watching the post game and reading Ed Weavers column there seemed to be an insinuation that U got the shaft in penalties....just not the case.....If you factor in the 15 min handed out to Ingolsby for
      hitting from behind (well deserved) the totals then become RPI...8/16 Union...7/14 pretty even when I went to school.
      I'm pretty sure the totals were 3/6 and 7/14. That's not pretty even. And you add in the 2/15 for UC and it's even worse. Now, I don't see any reason that the penalty total should have been any different. But, it was uneven. That's not debatable.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

The only piece of advice I can offer is don't go to a Ranger game @ the Garden !!!
        Devil fan so I wouldnt step foot in that place
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad
          Please refrain from the name calling. Aren't you the person who just posted about the crowd being rude?
          How about we all stop trying to make this thread about us and make it about RPI hockey...Im done going back and forth with other posters on non-hockey related issues.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

A quick question for those more informed on the rules of hockey than I: If we were playing by the NHL's overtime rules (4v4) last night, then what would have happened when the cross-checking penalty was committed? Julseth-White would have sat, and the 2 minutes would have started after the major penalty was served? Therefore, RPI would have had the man advantage for the rest of the game, unless they also committed a penalty, correct? I'm just curious as to what the specifics are and if my reasoning is correct.
            Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              A quick question for those more informed on the rules of hockey than I: If we were playing by the NHL's overtime rules (4v4) last night, then what would have happened when the cross-checking penalty was committed? Julseth-White would have sat, and the 2 minutes would have started after the major penalty was served? Therefore, RPI would have had the man advantage for the rest of the game, unless they also committed a penalty, correct? I'm just curious as to what the specifics are and if my reasoning is correct.
              I believe you are correct about sitting until the major penalty ended. I dont think if a penalty was called on RPI that they would start the second penalty and play 3v2. I know the NHL tested some of these changes this summer and Koudys was involved in the 2 or 3 day test. One change was playing 4v4 then 3v3 then 2v2 in OT.

Comment

I believe RPI would have gotten a 5th skater for the duration of the penalty. When over, J-W would have come out of the box and next whistle the teams would reset to 4v3.
                APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                  I believe RPI would have gotten a 5th skater for the duration of the penalty. When over, J-W would have come out of the box and next whistle the teams would reset to 4v3.
                  This seems to go along with the general feeling I got reading this section of the NHL rulebook. But, they didn't actually have that example. That's why I was curious. And, I think that the penalty assessed to Ingoldsby / served by Carr, was due to expire before J-W's, for what it's worth.
                  Go Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                    Isn't their either a junior league, or maybe a club league, that does 3v3 for overtime and exactly this in the case of penalties?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the totals were 3/6 and 7/14. That's not pretty even. And you add in the 2/15 for UC and it's even worse. Now, I don't see any reason that the penalty total should have been any different. But, it was uneven. That's not debatable.
                      I stand corrected the totals I posted were from Fri.Nite...Thanks for correcting me...see a little Red Cloud lives in us all.
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        How about we all stop trying to make this thread about us and make it about RPI hockey...Im done going back and forth with other posters on non-hockey related issues.
                        I belive We collectivly are the thread.....Therefore it is all about us. JMO

Comment

Resistance is futile?

Comment

You win not even gonna bother. I started posting here to talk about a hockey team not the self-promotion of the posters and love fest for a select few posters. I dont know how much more posting I will do anymore on the in-season thread. Will most likely stick to the recruits and game threads where hockey is still talked about.

Comment

Maybe the game ends differently if the refs call RPI for the trip on Welsh that occurs with 2:34 remaining in the game. (30:10 on the video)

Comment

Whoa, what just happened to RPITV's website? I wanted to take a second look at some of the games and I only see two Brown games. On top of this, it's automatically going to beta.rpitv.org ....

Comment

Working...
                                X