Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by AspyDad
    Seems like there will be a little lull in the action so I wanted to propose something to the members of the board. I think we have all read with dismay the departure of Red Cloud. One of the reason that I was attracted to the board was the edgy comments from this young talented poster. Here's my idea, let's over the next few days post comments asking for his return, sorta of like an online petition in hopes that he will come back. I would suggest that our fearless leader Ralph be the first to sign because let's face it, Ralph is the guru. I think a message from the venerable Doctor Baer and others might be a nice gesture to our colleague and maybe persuade him to return. I'll start the ball rolling.

Dear Red Cloud,
    I respectfully request that you return to the board. You are one of us, a die hard RPI Hockey fan and your absence is glaring and unwanted by your fellow posters. Please consider returning to the board and resume posting your insightful thoughts. In advance, thank you for your consideration.
    /signed/
    AspyDad

You can use this format or any of your choosing. Thank you
    You got a man crush on Red Cloud or something. Might be borderline order of protection level. 100 feet away looks to be in your future real soon.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

I am secure in my manhood.
      Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Go ahead and beg... he's probably laughing at you though.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Try sitting in my section at the field house....every time an RPI player drops it should be called it seems. Or a person gets a woodie for yelling something and sticks with it all night. I have people around me ask if this happens often and I have to just shake my head and go yeah.
        Lighten up...its a Hockey Game not the symphony....if the fact that RPI fans are in fact "Homers" @ the fieldhouse maybe you should just attend the away games you should reallly enjoy that !!!
        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
          Lighten up...its a Hockey Game not the symphony....if the fact that RPI fans are in fact "Homers" @ the fieldhouse maybe you should just attend the away games you should reallly enjoy that !!!
          I have no issue with the "homers" yelling and cheering but when they yell the same thing at someone for the entire game it gets pretty annoying. Especially when that person is not a player on the ice. Or when they leave with a minute left in a one goal game to "beat the traffic". I do not even want to start on how I feel about not being able to stand up with the rest of the arena when they do towards the end of tight games in fear of being told to sit down.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

It too bad that people like you ridicule others for reaching out. Oh well, I'll take you as a no.
            Calm down skippy, I am just messing with you. RC added alot to these threads but he has chosen to step away and enjoy the hockey and keep his opinions to himself. Let him go and maybe you can pick up the slack in terms of talent and edgy comments. He shouldnt be treated like a internet god like some people treat him as around here. I usually just avoided commenting on his posts for the simple fact that I dont wanna waste my time going back and forth on who can make the most edgy comments.

Comment

Do I sense some jealousy of RC?
              It's not jealousy, but rather respecting the wishes of the poster. On top of this, I feel that, instead of "running alongside the train" as it were, let the poster leave on the poster's own terms, that be the end, and we move on to something we all enjoy: RPI College Hockey.

BTW, WaP has an interesting take on the referee's "Catch-22": http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/11/...not-quite.html

Comment

Someone mentioned in the game thread last night about bringing JL in for the second half of the season, first that is a horrible idea to waste a half year on a talented player and second has RPI ever brought in a player halfway into the season before?

Comment

I was surprised to see JFK behind the bench last night. Do we think it was a decision by the coaches or JFK asking to be with him team even if it was just on the bench during a big game?

Comment

I was surprised to see JFK behind the bench last night. Do we think it was a decision by the coaches or JFK asking to be with him team even if it was just on the bench during a big game?
                    He's the captain, I think it's a great thing for leadership to be there motivating the team during play, even if he can't do it by example. Not to mention, he did run "practices" for a couple months prior to October. It's the absolute best thing while tending to his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Or, we could just let Red Cloud post as the poster chooses. There are plenty of other posters on here that, from time to time, will make edgy comments.
                      Put me down as a yes vote....The key words in your post was "from time to time"....RC was the consistant conscience of this board....He was our Reggie Jackson.....He now is the 3rd.big loss of this season...first JDA then BP....Now RC....We can't bring Jerry and Brandon back but buy the grace of God and popular demand he may return to this thread like Billy Martin did with the yankees...lets hope the headlines read "RED CLOUD HAS RETURNED"
                      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

BTW, WaP has an interesting take on the referee's "Catch-22": http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/11/...not-quite.html
                        Interesting read. I really love this game especially at the NCAA level. But what I love most, are the games where I don't even notice the officials. For me it does not get any better than a game that I leave and have to ask who were the officials that night. These kinds of nights are happening far less often.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Someone mentioned in the game thread last night about bringing JL in for the second half of the season, first that is a horrible idea to waste a half year on a talented player and second has RPI ever brought in a player halfway into the season before?
                          That was me, and I was just kidding. We have brought in players midyear before, but not in decades.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            Put me down as a yes vote....The key words in your post was "from time to time"....RC was the consistant conscience of this board....He was our Reggie Jackson.....He now is the 3rd.big loss of this season...first JDA then BP....Now RC....We can't bring Jerry and Brandon back but buy the grace of God and popular demand he may return to this thread like Billy Martin did with the yankees...lets hope the headlines read "RED CLOUD HAS RETURNED"
                            RPI 2010-11 Part III: Red Cloud has Returned!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have no issue with the "homers" yelling and cheering but when they yell the same thing at someone for the entire game it gets pretty annoying. Especially when that person is not a player on the ice. Or when they leave with a minute left in a one goal game to "beat the traffic". I do not even want to start on how I feel about not being able to stand up with the rest of the arena when they do towards the end of tight games in fear of being told to sit down.
                              The only piece of advice I can offer is don't go to a Ranger game @ the Garden !!!

Comment

Calm down skippy, I am just messing with you. RC added alot to these threads but he has chosen to step away and enjoy the hockey and keep his opinions to himself. Let him go and maybe you can pick up the slack in terms of talent and edgy comments. He shouldnt be treated like a internet god like some people treat him as around here. I usually just avoided commenting on his posts for the simple fact that I dont wanna waste my time going back and forth on who can make the most edgy comments.
                                I beg to differ Red Cloud is an Internet God !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X