Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Bailen is the best offensive D-Man we've had in the last 20 or 30 years and I have been around since Ian Harrison was in goal. Pat Cullen played awesome this weekend, I was really glad to see him get off the snide. I think Bailen was involved in every RPI goal this weekend? Can anyone say ECAC Player of the Week? Imagine Bailen with Pirri and Jerry.
    3 out of 4 last night. Mike Bergin had the secondary assist on the goal at 59:59.

Comment

Re: RPI 2010-11 Part II: RPI, the Other Team, the Refs -- We're outnumbered 10 to 6.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      EHF: Over my 47 years of RPI hockey there have been a lot of bad calls, missed calls, no calls, etc. I must say that this year is starting out with what certainly seems like a plethora of them. I have gotten upset, angry and frustrated so many times before. This is no different. The boys worked hard to forge a tie-and should have been rewarded at least with a fair call at the end. Coach must be seething-and it appears he has every right to be upset. Let's hope the team can put this hose job behind them and quickly get ready for the game tonight. Sure I am an RPI fan-but trying to be objective about all of this-the calls over the years have not in my mind evened out. We do seem to have gotten more than our share of bad decisions over the years. I can opnly hope that this trend ends. All I ask is that we get a fair shake. Go Red! the season is young-we have lots of time to make this a great year. (I posted this on the old thread but moved it here.)
      I totally agree with everything that you said. My post was just a reminder to take it out on the opposition, not the fans on this board that are only seeking the best for RPI.
      It was nice to see a couple of calls go our way last night, although I must admit that after we dominated the first period and had another disallowed goal, I was not very optimistic.
      Alls well that ends well.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
        Here's short clips of the last two goals:

http://www.rpitv.org/productions/339...ockey-vs-union

Finally, congrats to Tom Reale on his Rabbani jersey!
        Thanks for the clips. And, I believe that congratulations also go out to you for taking home the Rogic jersey.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Full game will be up early this morning; it's possible you'll see a longer length highlight reel too at some point.

Our video shows the puck in the goal at .4 or .3 on our scoreboard. Unfortunately, our scoreboard isn't truly synced to the game clock, so it's mostly useless for review purposes. You can easily see, however, that the puck is in the net before the green light is lit. The red light never comes on.

I can get clips up pretty quickly if there's a particular penalty, play, or other goal you'd like to see.

Great clips, I have to congratulate you on the picture quality. It is the best I've seen. Thanks
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          Gary Player

Comment

I wonder if the thread title caused the Refs to change their ways.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Great clips, I have to congratulate you on the picture quality. It is the best I've seen. Thanks
              Yes, great videos. I sincerely hope that the contract with B2 (or A1 or whatever) ends, and RPI TV can broadcast directly on the net. I don't mind paying for it, but it just doesn't make sense that we get a lower quality feed, and the money that we pay doesn't go to RPI.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Yes, great videos. I sincerely hope that the contract with B2 (or A1 or whatever) ends, and RPI TV can broadcast directly on the net. I don't mind paying for it, but it just doesn't make sense that we get a lower quality feed, and the money that we pay doesn't go to RPI.
                Amen to that.
                Benjamin Franklin
                Gary Player

Comment

Agreed (although I don't pay for B2, the sentiment is still there).

As an aside, the replays that you provided of the non-goal in the first period appears that it was a Union skate (#2) that put the puck in the net, not an RPI skate (Rogic) (in contrast to what the WRPI commentators were saying) and that the net was clearly on its moorings (which I believe was the explanation given by the zebras). However, I thought there was goaltender interference by Halpern, so it was correctly labelled as a non-goal.

RPI|tv's coverage is outstanding and I really appreciate all of the effort that all of you put into this.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I am confused-why if RPI has the ability to broadcast the games does B2 have a contract? I agree if we aren't able to attend and want to watch we should be paying and watching RPI TV.

Comment

Good morning. I am working on an editorial that should post on WaP sometime today, and did some video research on some of the items of contention this weekend. I'm not going to bring it up in the editorial, so I thought I would give you my thoughts on the items of note.

Friday, 3rd period, 19:53: The only available video, to my knowledge, is the RPI wide-angle shot that was shown in the post-game presser by Seth Appert - it was a video of a video. It's not the clearest thing in the world, but fortunately the contrast of white jerseys with black jerseys helps make things at least somewhat analyzable. Appert obviously couldn't see anything by his review, and I couldn't see any issues either. I do believe this is a goal that probably should have counted.

Saturday, 1st period, 10:32: This is the Halpern goal that was disallowed. The official ruling on the ice was that the net was off its moorings, or so we were led to believe. After reviewing RPI TV's excellent video, I doubt that was the actual ruling - the net doesn't appear to move in the slightest. The puck did, however, get kicked in off a skate, and the WRPI announcers believed it was off an Engineers' skate. After looking at it several times, I believe it was probably kicked in by Union's Nolan Julseth-White. He was crashing the net to keep an Engineer who I think was Johnny Rogic from getting to Halpern's rebound, and it looks like he inadvertently kicked the puck in. This should also have been a goal, credited to Scott Halpern.

Saturday, 3rd period, 13:59: There had been some grumbling in the RPI sections at the Field House that Jooris' goal may not have crossed the line. I had to watch the replay several times to see it, but it did in fact squirt past Mike Bergin, who was standing in the net with York sprawled out on the ice. Bergin went to stop the puck with his shin, but it bounced down onto the goal line and barely over it before his skate, coming around with a natural motion, swept it out of the net. The referee was well positioned to see it, the goal light did come on, and the WRPI announcers, from their position on the catwalk, probably had a good look at it too. Right call.

Saturday, 3rd period, 18:09: Ingoldsby's check from behind was textbook - the reason that the automatic five and the gate were put into place. Lee is lucky he wasn't a couple of inches farther away from the board or he could have been seriously injured. I had to double check this one because it happened in the corner that was out of my view at the Field House and wasn't sure if it was legit or not.

Saturday, 3rd period, 19:28: Andrew Buote absolutely got away with one here. With Polacek firing away on the doorstep, he turned away from his man and, unassisted, skated directly into the crossbar and threw the net off its moorings. Textbook delay of game - RPI really should have had a 6-on-3.

Saturday, 3rd period, 19:59: O'Grady's goal was absolutely over the line prior to the green light. The video's pretty clear about that - it's just a shame the referees didn't have access to the video to dispel doubt.

Saturday, Overtime, 1:42: I'm leery of penalties in overtime unless they take away an obvious scoring chance or they are the result of a dangerous play. Julseth-White's penalty was absolutely the latter. It wasn't quite as dangerous as Ingoldsby's hit, but it's something that absolutely has to be called to discourage that kind of play from happening for the safety of everyone who plays.
                      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                        Good morning. I am working on an editorial that should post on WaP sometime today, and did some video research on some of the items of contention this weekend. I'm not going to bring it up in the editorial, so I thought I would give you my thoughts on the items of note.

Friday, 3rd period, 19:53: The only available video, to my knowledge, is the RPI wide-angle shot that was shown in the post-game presser by Seth Appert - it was a video of a video. It's not the clearest thing in the world, but fortunately the contrast of white jerseys with black jerseys helps make things at least somewhat analyzable. Appert obviously couldn't see anything by his review, and I couldn't see any issues either. I do believe this is a goal that probably should have counted.

Saturday, 1st period, 10:32: This is the Halpern goal that was disallowed. The official ruling on the ice was that the net was off its moorings, or so we were led to believe. After reviewing RPI TV's excellent video, I doubt that was the actual ruling - the net doesn't appear to move in the slightest. The puck did, however, get kicked in off a skate, and the WRPI announcers believed it was off an Engineers' skate. After looking at it several times, I believe it was probably kicked in by Union's Nolan Julseth-White. He was crashing the net to keep an Engineer who I think was Johnny Rogic from getting to Halpern's rebound, and it looks like he inadvertently kicked the puck in. This should also have been a goal, credited to Scott Halpern.

Saturday, 3rd period, 13:59: There had been some grumbling in the RPI sections at the Field House that Jooris' goal may not have crossed the line. I had to watch the replay several times to see it, but it did in fact squirt past Mike Bergin, who was standing in the net with York sprawled out on the ice. Bergin went to stop the puck with his shin, but it bounced down onto the goal line and barely over it before his skate, coming around with a natural motion, swept it out of the net. The referee was well positioned to see it, the goal light did come on, and the WRPI announcers, from their position on the catwalk, probably had a good look at it too. Right call.

Saturday, 3rd period, 18:09: Ingoldsby's check from behind was textbook - the reason that the automatic five and the gate were put into place. Lee is lucky he wasn't a couple of inches farther away from the board or he could have been seriously injured. I had to double check this one because it happened in the corner that was out of my view at the Field House and wasn't sure if it was legit or not.

Saturday, 3rd period, 19:28: Andrew Buote absolutely got away with one here. With Polacek firing away on the doorstep, he turned away from his man and, unassisted, skated directly into the crossbar and threw the net off its moorings. Textbook delay of game - RPI really should have had a 6-on-3.

Saturday, 3rd period, 19:59: O'Grady's goal was absolutely over the line prior to the green light. The video's pretty clear about that - it's just a shame the referees didn't have access to the video to dispel doubt.

Saturday, Overtime, 1:42: I'm leery of penalties in overtime unless they take away an obvious scoring chance or they are the result of a dangerous play. Julseth-White's penalty was absolutely the latter. It wasn't quite as dangerous as Ingoldsby's hit, but it's something that absolutely has to be called to discourage that kind of play from happening for the safety of everyone who plays.
                        It looks like the Refs had 4 right and 3 wrong. Well, that's better than the usual.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Full game will be up early this morning; it's possible you'll see a longer length highlight reel too at some point.

Our video shows the puck in the goal at .4 or .3 on our scoreboard. Unfortunately, our scoreboard isn't truly synced to the game clock, so it's mostly useless for review purposes. You can easily see, however, that the puck is in the net before the green light is lit. The red light never comes on.

I can get clips up pretty quickly if there's a particular penalty, play, or other goal you'd like to see.

Great job by WRPI's color guy as well. Perfect description of the play with the proper amount of excitement. Regardless, nice job with the videos, they're great.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
                            I am confused-why if RPI has the ability to broadcast the games does B2 have a contract? I agree if we aren't able to attend and want to watch we should be paying and watching RPI TV.
                            I believe it's a multi-year contract, and they only recently (in quick fashion to the best of my knowledge) started putting the games up online.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad
                              Seems like there will be a little lull in the action so I wanted to propose something to the members of the board. I think we have all read with dismay the departure of Red Cloud. One of the reason that I was attracted to the board was the edgy comments from this young talented poster. Here's my idea, let's over the next few days post comments asking for his return, sorta of like an online petition in hopes that he will come back. I would suggest that our fearless leader Ralph be the first to sign because let's face it, Ralph is the guru. I think a message from the venerable Doctor Baer and others might be a nice gesture to our colleague and maybe persuade him to return. I'll start the ball rolling.

Dear Red Cloud,
                              I respectfully request that you return to the board. You are one of us, a die hard RPI Hockey fan and your absence is glaring and unwanted by your fellow posters. Please consider returning to the board and resume posting your insightful thoughts. In advance, thank you for your consideration.
                              /signed/
                              AspyDad

You can use this format or any of your choosing. Thank you
                              Or, we could just let Red Cloud post as the poster chooses. There are plenty of other posters on here that, from time to time, will make edgy comments.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                Great job by WRPI's color guy as well. Perfect description of the play with the proper amount of excitement. Regardless, nice job with the videos, they're great.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X